IGNORED

Two Goals In Ten First Halves At Home!

Portland Bill

2 goals in the whole of the first halves at home this season, is this a sign that the manager cant motivate the players anymore?

What do you think.

I think it means you have been posting negative crap all afternoon, and not being at a game supporting your team. The only reason I aint been to a game since October the 6th is because I broke my ankle and leg, I would remember the season we got pissed on week in week out and the ovation that players got at Crewe.

I think 0-0 vs Ipswich off the back of a bad run is a great result and a real sign that a corner has been turned, all we need to do is get some goals now :)

I think it means you have been posting negative crap all afternoon, and not being at a game supporting your team. The only reason I aint been to a game since October the 6th is because I broke my ankle and leg, I would remember the season we got pissed on week in week out and the ovation that players got at Crewe.

I think 0-0 vs Ipswich off the back of a bad run is a great result and a real sign that a corner has been turned, all we need to do is get some goals now :)

What planet are you on? Good result agianst a bottom three side at home. It was dire, and we could even have lost it at the end again.

Listen Pal, if you had read my posts this afternoon you would have seen that im on crutches because ive got a ruptured achilles and could not go today, been going since 74 though so i must be negative. Bury your head in the sand,our football is rubbish at the moment,to you that may be negative BUT IS THE TRUTH.

But you wouldnt know because you havent seen them play for 2 months.

What planet are you on? Good result agianst a bottom three side at home. It was dire, and we could even have lost it at the end again.

Wasn't dire. Frustrating yes, but we didn't play too badly.

We got ripped ragged down our left, mostly by Stead, for the first 30 mins. Took Hartley to organise the defence again. After that we defended pretty well.

Once again we failed in the final third. Our tactics here are poor. Maynard and Haynes get pushed off the ball really easily and rarely win headers. Sno was passing badly again - he beat his man about 5x, only for the final ball to let us down.

Maynard and Haynes don't connect very well. Saborio and Clarkson barely got a touch. Sproule looked quite good except for one ball where half the stadium laughed.

After about 60 minutes we started giving the ball away loads. Luckily, Ipswitch mostly sucked going forward and our defence defended very well. Around 80 minutes we resorted to long ball which got us nowhere.

Thought Hartley should've been MoM - or maybe Fontaine. LJ had a good first half again and went downhill at around 60 mins. Elliott nowhere.

Gerken had a corker. He's certainly a great stopper.

Final third play is our #1 weakness now, followed closely by giving the ball away - both when we're tired. I'm pretty sure every player played a remarkably crap ball some time during the 2nd half.

Do we do training specifically for when we're knackered?

A side that beat Cardiff 2-1 last week and are much improved and most certainly should not be bottom 3. Ipswich haven't lost since the 17th October their form is far far better than ours, the fact they are bottom 3 is due to their epically poor start to the season.

What planet are you on? Ipswich have clearly been working on not getting beat, and tightening it up at the back.

Wasn't dire. Frustrating yes, but we didn't play too badly.

We got ripped ragged down our left, mostly by Stead, for the first 30 mins. Took Hartley to organise the defence again. After that we defended pretty well.

Once again we failed in the final third. Our tactics here are poor. Maynard and Haynes get pushed off the ball really easily and rarely win headers. Sno was passing badly again - he beat his man about 5x, only for the final ball to let us down.

Maynard and Haynes don't connect very well. Saborio and Clarkson barely got a touch. Sproule looked quite good except for one ball where half the stadium laughed.

After about 60 minutes we started giving the ball away loads. Luckily, Ipswitch mostly sucked going forward and our defence defended very well. Around 80 minutes we resorted to long ball which got us nowhere.

Thought Hartley should've been MoM - or maybe Fontaine. LJ had a good first half again and went downhill at around 60 mins. Elliott nowhere.

Gerken had a corker. He's certainly a great stopper.

Final third play is our #1 weakness now, followed closely by giving the ball away - both when we're tired. I'm pretty sure every player played a remarkably crap ball some time during the 2nd half.

Do we do training specifically for when we're knackered?

This man needs a medal for posting some good stuff. I couldn't go but it does sound like the exact same side I watched before I broke my leg, we really lack the ability to hold the ball in the final third and use it. I think if we had an adabola or a stern john we would be sorted but we don't and all the quality in the world in midfield means nothing if you cant work their defense.

A side that beat Cardiff 2-1 last week and are much improved and most certainly should not be bottom 3. Ipswich haven't lost since the 17th October their form is far far better than ours, the fact they are bottom 3 is due to their epically poor start to the season.

What planet are you on? Ipswich have clearly been working on not getting beat, and tightening it up at the back.

So we should all be celebrating wildly tonight then? Realistically we should be comfortably beating sides such as this, and the fact we are not suggests that we are a lower mid table team. That is nothing to be happy about, although in the land of the happy clappy red spec brigade, it must be.

This man needs a medal for posting some good stuff. I couldn't go but it does sound like the exact same side I watched before I broke my leg, we really lack the ability to hold the ball in the final third and use it. I think if we had an adabola or a stern john we would be sorted but we don't and all the quality in the world in midfield means nothing if you cant work their defense.

Having been to the game myself I found it disappointing that we got ripped aprt in the first twenty minutes and the fact that Ipswich were not out of sight was down to awful finishing and great goalkeeping (yet again). Our attacking play is so limited and predictable due to the fact that we have to go down the middle ALL THE P1$$1ng TIME and whilst we hit the post on two occasions the only thing the inexperienced goalkeeper had to deal with ALL AFTERNOON was a Lee Johnson backpass that a 90 year old woman could have held with her zimmer frame.

And anyone who cannot see that Evander Sno is wasted out on the left is blind. How the hell our number 8 stayed on the pitch when he was substituted is just baffling.

So we should all be celebrating wildly tonight then? Realistically we should be comfortably beating sides such as this, and the fact we are not suggests that we are a lower mid table team. That is nothing to be happy about, although in the land of the happy clappy red spec brigade, it must be.

Yes, we should be beating sides like Ipswich. We have been far too reliant on Maynard 30 yarders and that's become quite apparent today.

Are we a lower mid team? I hope not. We have the players. Even with 3-4 first team defenders out, we're fairly solid at the back when they're properly organised.

We're much much better than last year. Hartley is looking class every game now. Sno is the target man we so badly need. Every midfielder (bar Elliott) has stepped up.

We're moving the ball around nicely in the midfield. I think it's now up to the coaching staff to get our final third game working. We need tactics to take advantage of our forwards' talents. Maynard needs space to shoot with his right. Haynes needs space period.

We need players in tune with each other so they time the pass with the run. We need players moving up in close support. And we need to maintain forward momentum when we outnumber the defence. Plus what I said about being able to pass properly when knackered.

Also, we still don't expect to win most of the time. The improvement in our game after a near miss or when the crowd gets going is enormous.

Fix all this and I still think we're going up. Shouldn't be that hard, to be frank.

Yes, we should be beating sides like Ipswich. We have been far too reliant on Maynard 30 yarders and that's become quite apparent today.

Are we a lower mid team? I hope not. We have the players. Even with 3-4 first team defenders out, we're fairly solid at the back when they're properly organised.

We're much much better than last year. Hartley is looking class every game now. Sno is the target man we so badly need. Every midfielder (bar Elliott) has stepped up.

We're moving the ball around nicely in the midfield. I think it's now up to the coaching staff to get our final third game working. We need tactics to take advantage of our forwards' talents. Maynard needs space to shoot with his right. Haynes needs space period.

We need players in tune with each other so they time the pass with the run. We need players moving up in close support. And we need to maintain forward momentum when we outnumber the defence. Plus what I said about being able to pass properly when knackered.

Also, we still don't expect to win most of the time. The improvement in our game after a near miss or when the crowd gets going is enormous.

Fix all this and I still think we're going up. Shouldn't be that hard, to be frank.

We need at least one, if not two, WIDE PLAYERS. Then we might start doing some damage going forward. Teams are not being stretched enough as we constantly look to play the perfect pass or flick down the middle.

we have to go down the middle ALL THE P1$$1ng TIME

Umm Sno had loads of attacks down the left and we had quite a few crosses from the right too. Of course, our main forwards are tiny and are rarely going to get on to a byline cross, except possibly from Sproule.

So either we play Saborio and maybe Clarkson/McCombe too. Or we're talking crosses from deep, which the midfielders and fullbacks can do.

A left winger isn't going to miraculously fix things. We had McIndoe last season and scored fewer than this I believe.

And anyone who cannot see that Evander Sno is wasted out on the left is blind.

Yet MoM again, even tho he was a bit off by his standards. I keep asking what difference it would make putting him in the middle - and he just doesn't have the stamina anyway.

How the hell our number 8 stayed on the pitch when he was substituted is just baffling.

Sno - knackered. He gets substituted every game.

LJ was good in the first half. Elliott had the worst game I've seen him play and that's saying a lot. We went 4-2-4 as it was. I guess you could have swapped LJ for Williams and not brought Clarkson or Saborio on.

We need at least one, if not two, WIDE PLAYERS. Then we might start doing some damage going forward. Teams are not being stretched enough as we constantly look to play the perfect pass or flick down the middle.

In our first season in the Championship we played ALL season with Sproule and MCindoe out wide. Our best season in 25 years.

I dont think we need to say anymore.

Answer the question, How when where has Sno played as a target man for us? im waiting :juggle:

I think he's been used as a target man every game bar possibly 1 this season.

Target man = MAN you TARGET with long balls - who controls it, sometimes holds it up but then usually lays it off. Usually big.

I'm guessing that you're going to try and pretend that target man means something else to look like less of an idiot.

I think he's been used as a target man every game bar possibly 1 this season.

Target man = MAN you TARGET with long balls - who controls it, sometimes holds it up but then usually lays it off. Usually big.

I'm guessing that you're going to try and pretend that target man means something else to look like less of an idiot.

Dear oh dear :rolleyes:, Bizarre :blink:

I can imagine it," Evander, i'm going to play you as a target man today" "ok Mr Johnson, left wing it is then" :rofl2br:

Completely different tactics, one season they were told to stay wide, the next they were told to push in.

BCAGFC

One season City were an unknown and underrated quality who were underestimated by a number of opposing sides, the next they were much better known and it was much clearer how to beat them.

Sounds like Reggie Perrin script " i haven't got where i am today without seeing target man when i see it " He might be somethings but a target man no .

I also remember this Reggie Perrin script.

Reggie to CJ: "I've been thinking CJ."

CJ: "I didn't get where I am today by thinking Reggie!"

but was it CJ or GJ??!!

Archived