IGNORED

Gary Johnson/roy Keane

Economou

City are 11th, 10 places and 10 points ahead of Ipswich, yet it felt as though GJ was the manager under pressure today.

Strange times.

Ipswich were one of the poorest sides I've seen at Ashton Gate this season, yet we made them look good! Any other team would have destroyed us today - we were THAT bad. The fact that Ipswich could not get all 3 points today illustrates why they are in that position.

Johnson needs to sort this out VERY quickly, or fall on his sword and give someone else a chance because I'm getting bored. As someone else said in another thread, "It's getting to be a CHORE to watch".

If things don't improve by Christmas, Lansdown needs to think very carefully about Johnson's position or we could be struggling for survival come May.

Ipswich were one of the poorest sides I've seen at Ashton Gate this season, yet we made them look good! Any other team would have destroyed us today - we were THAT bad. The fact that Ipswich could not get all 3 points today illustrates why they are in that position.

Johnson needs to sort this out VERY quickly, or fall on his sword and give someone else a chance because I'm getting bored. As someone else said in another thread, "It's getting to be a CHORE to watch".

If things don't improve by Christmas, Lansdown needs to think very carefully about Johnson's position or we could be struggling for survival come May.

If the sort of "football" we saw yesterday and over the last eighteen months predominantly continues until the end of the season I truly dread to think what the take up in season tickets will be next season. 8K perhaps. Johnson isn't going anywhere, we have to accept that, but his style of football is going nowhere also. Changes are needed but I'm not sure if the Manager is "big enough" to make them at the moment. I hope he is as I take no delight whatsoever in preferring to watch paint dry over the football Bristol City produce.

If the sort of "football" we saw yesterday and over the last eighteen months predominantly continues until the end of the season I truly dread to think what the take up in season tickets will be next season. 8K perhaps. Johnson isn't going anywhere, we have to accept that, but his style of football is going nowhere also. Changes are needed but I'm not sure if the Manager is "big enough" to make them at the moment. I hope he is as I take no delight whatsoever in preferring to watch paint dry over the football Bristol City produce.

Have been content with the football we've played for the majority of the season, last week for example, but yesterday was the most disappointed I've been. We struggled to keep possesion for any length of time, not helped by having no target man up front. I'd have brought Saborio on earlier. Also how many times did Gerk's goal kicks end up with the Ipswich midfielders 2nd half, not sure what the manager could've done about that.

Ivan excited the crowd when he came on and hopefully he'll play more of a part in the next few games, getting his confidence back also.

I thought the booing was terrible, especially at half time, and I hope those that did reflect on how the hell booing constitutes supporting your team. I know some say they've paid their money so they can act how the wish but that doesn't wash with me.

Now have two winnable away games, if we get 4, or 6, points from these then will be right back up there.

Have been content with the football we've played for the majority of the season, last week for example, but yesterday was the most disappointed I've been. We struggled to keep possesion for any length of time, not helped by having no target man up front. I'd have brought Saborio on earlier. Also how many times did Gerk's goal kicks end up with the Ipswich midfielders 2nd half, not sure what the manager could've done about that.

Ivan excited the crowd when he came on and hopefully he'll play more of a part in the next few games, getting his confidence back also.

I thought the booing was terrible, especially at half time, and I hope those that did reflect on how the hell booing constitutes supporting your team. I know some say they've paid their money so they can act how the wish but that doesn't wash with me.

Now have two winnable away games, if we get 4, or 6, points from these then will be right back up there.

Unfortunately parts of last week and QPR first half have been the exception not the norm in my view. GJ's hands are tied to a certain extent by the squad he has assembled and the lack of a wide player or two. We really are struggling in the tactics department. If he can sort this out in January (I presume he will need to offload to bring someone in) then the season is not over by any stretch.

As for the booing - I didn't take part in that myself and never have done (even at home to Carlisle - mind you I have shouted my frustrations before which is probably not much different!!) but at the end of a game many people feel that is the only way they can vent their frustrations - rightly or wrongly.

We had two 'winnable' home games yesterday and last week. What makes you think the away games will be any easier?

We usually bounce back after a poor performance. Leicester's back four looked a bit dodgy aginst Earnshaw, hoping Maynard or Haynes will do something similar. Doncaster have let a few goals in at home recently, no reason to suppose we can't do the same there.

We usually bounce back after a poor performance. Leicester's back four looked a bit dodgy aginst Earnshaw, hoping Maynard or Haynes will do something similar. Doncaster have let a few goals in at home recently, no reason to suppose we can't do the same there.

Well sometimes we do but right now we don't look like doing anything. We could easily get 0 points from the next 2 games which would see GJ (wrongly IMO) under big pressure.

And I thought Ipswich looked a reasonable side- certainly not a bottom half side. They will come up the league quickly soon I reckon.

one of the poorest? their passing was pretty good the whole match every pass going to the intended player , yes I know we gave them too much space for this to happen but I've seen much weaker teams at the gate this season.

I don't want GJ to leave I feel he can recover and would give him until the end of this season at least IMO. He just needs to be a bit more ruthless in team selection and yes some of these players got us where we are now but if we got to be a top 6 team they need to be replaced.

one of the poorest? their passing was pretty good the whole match every pass going to the intended player , yes I know we gave them too much space for this to happen but I've seen much weaker teams at the gate this season.

I don't want GJ to leave I feel he can recover and would give him until the end of this season at least IMO. He just needs to be a bit more ruthless in team selection and yes some of these players got us where we are now but if we got to be a top 6 team they need to be replaced.

You have to bear in mind that, whichever team we have just played and failed to beat easily will always be one of the poorest sides anyone's seen this season. Look up the posts from last week - you'll see the same was said about Sheff Utd. It suits the argument to say that.

Archived