IGNORED

Bl%*dy Parking Again!

red angler

Well done council.

Residents are worried about the extent of local parking by fans in residential streets. Your actions will only serve to exacerbate their frustration as we all end up parking outsidfe someone's house.

Oh by the way, these are the same people who voted you in.

What gave you the idea we would get tickets?? I know the cars that park along side the double white lines by the police HQ are always at risk, but I was parked halfway along the road, nearer the entrance to the cricket ground, some cars were ticketed and some weren't. This is why I'm a bit puzzled

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1885731,00.html

that warning was posted on the OC site a few weeks ago

Thing is I imagine when people travel from all over teh country to attend they really don't want to also have to pay to park. It's all good saying use public transport but for some it really isn't viable and now the only choice people have is to either get down there early to park in residential streets, Pay to park or simply not attend.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1885731,00.html

that warning was posted on the OC site a few weeks ago

Thats fair cop and well done to the club for trying to communicate this even though I didn't see this.

What is most disappointing is that we can't even hope for a local council to work with its people to solve this issue. What would have been so difficult about putting up a sign somewhere (like one of the yellow AA ones) instructing drivers that clanage road restrictions were changing or the area would be 'policed' from the next game etc.

The council would keep the road clear, the objective would be met and most people would say "I don't like it but well done council for taking a pragmatic approach."

Silly me, the missing element here is they wouldn't have made any money out of us.

There has also been a change to the parking restrictions around the Nova Scotia/Cumberland Road area. Restrictions used to be a maximum of 2hr parking Monday To Friday 8am - 6pm. This was changed to Monday to Saturday 8am - 6pm. This change just seems designed to hit football fans as there's hardly a huge demand for parking in these areas on Saturdays unless a match is on.

This councils policy on reducing traffic seems to revolve around making it as difficult for drivers as possible rather than focusing on providing a viable alternative to driving.

There has also been a change to the parking restrictions around the Nova Scotia/Cumberland Road area. Restrictions used to be a maximum of 2hr parking Monday To Friday 8am - 6pm. This was changed to Monday to Saturday 8am - 6pm. This change just seems designed to hit football fans as there's hardly a huge demand for parking in these areas on Saturdays unless a match is on.

This councils policy on reducing traffic seems to revolve around making it as difficult for drivers as possible rather than focusing on providing a viable alternative to driving.

I used to park on Cumberland road opposite the Cottage. These spaces are almost all empty now as it has been reserved for bus and coach parking only. I did notice 7 or 8 cars parked there Saturday. Anybody know if they got tickets ?

I park on the trading estate past the now extinct Ship& Castle each game - no problem - and free

Dont go into the "pay" car park by the auctions - carry on around the corner - plenty of room

It used to be a nightmare getting out but now due to restrictions elsewhere the fuzz have kindly positioned a chap to operate the lights and the get away is quite quick...

Having said that I had a lift last week and we parked down by the orchard - that was good too - and a nice little walk taking in the Orchard / Packet / BS3 etc as well

I have never had a ticket but have cut my journies down from Wigan to watch due to the parking problems. My son plays footie in the morning here and then we travel down and just there is no where to park anymore so have cut down on my games now to when hes not got a game so we can park up but then i have to keep him amused for a hour or so till we get in the ground.

I think this parking problem is deffo hitting attendances for people i know who live in Bristol cant be bothered to go due to finding it hard to park so if there struggling what chance have people who travel long distances have.

I have never had a ticket but have cut my journies down from Wigan to watch due to the parking problems. My son plays footie in the morning here and then we travel down and just there is no where to park anymore so have cut down on my games now to when hes not got a game so we can park up but then i have to keep him amused for a hour or so till we get in the ground.

I think this parking problem is deffo hitting attendances for people i know who live in Bristol cant be bothered to go due to finding it hard to park so if there struggling what chance have people who travel long distances have.

As someone said further up there is always places around by the car auction place is often good even if you do arrive latish you can almost always get a place.

Not only did we have to endure another game in which we never loked like winning, I then returned to my car, parked on Clanage road, to find Parking Ticket slapped on the car.

Now when I parked up, there were cones on the corner of Clanage road and the road that leads to UWE, but none anywhere else.

Did I miss something?? Anybody else in the same boat??

All complaints to the Liam Fox the totally useless tool of an MP for Woodspring.

and I can confirm the tool tag, I unfortunately had a meeting with him once, rude, ignorant, unhelpful, unreliable and totally qualified for the position as a blood sucking, money grabbing MP.

There's obviously alot of people who dont read this forum, Clanage road was full of parked cars, all with Tickets slapped on their windscreens. Yet again though only half the cars seem to be ticketed.
I drove past them all about half 2 and thought your next. For me the past two games I have parked in Sainsburys without any problems.

there are 2 brand new Clearway signs just as you approach the Police station at the top of Clanage road but they dont state how long the clearway lasts for, they dont need to put any markings on the road. I paid my 35 quid and admitted defeat after the last game.

Archived