IGNORED

Expectation!

Paul Cheesey

I am sick and tired of hearing all the negative crap. The problem is that we over-achieved massively in our first season in the championship and in doing that created a rod for our own back. If you had told people when we were on the bottom of league one that in 3 years we would be an established top half of the table championship side they would have chuffed to f@#k.

We have to get real here, the teams around us have MILLIONS more money pumped into them and the very fact that we can hold our own in this division a solely down to the fact that we have a great manager and a forward thinking sensible chairman.

I would love to see the balance sheet of all the other teams in this division, most others teams have borrowed millions to get to where they are, Cardiff for example are totally in the shit and where are they compared to us, 3 points ahead!

Half the teams ahead of us are ex-premier league and the very fact that we are so close to them in our league position and upset because we lose to them is incredible when you consider how little our whole squad is worth.

I think it is time some people started to get real and realise how far we have come, if we get behind Gary and the players maybe we can add to the team spirit and help motivate the whole club, instead of bitching and complaining which will only puts added pressure on everyone making the situation worse.

If we want to get this club up into the Premier League in a good financial and sustainable state we need lots and lots of patience. Come on, lets get behind the best manager and chairman this club has had for decades!!

I am sick and tired of hearing all the negative crap. The problem is that we over-achieved massively in our first season in the championship and in doing that created a rod for our own back. If you had told people when we were on the bottom of league one that in 3 years we would be an established top half of the table championship side they would have chuffed to f@#k.

We have to get real here, the teams around us have MILLIONS more money pumped into them and the very fact that we can hold our own in this division a solely down to the fact that we have a great manager and a forward thinking sensible chairman.

I would love to see the balance sheet of all the other teams in this division, most others teams have borrowed millions to get to where they are, Cardiff for example are totally in the shit and where are they compared to us, 3 points ahead!

Half the teams ahead of us are ex-premier league and the very fact that we are so close to them in our league position and upset because we lose to them is incredible when you consider how little our whole squad is worth.

I think it is time some people started to get real and realise how far we have come, if we get behind Gary and the players maybe we can add to the team spirit and help motivate the whole club, instead of bitching and complaining which will only puts added pressure on everyone making the situation worse.

If we want to get this club up into the Premier League in a good financial and sustainable state we need lots and lots of patience. Come on, lets get behind the best manager and chairman this club has had for decades!!

100% agree. Best post of the day.

We dont have to agree with every decision made, and follow blindly;( some of us were here miles before this "best manager" arrived and will still be here when hes moved on.)

Bury your head if you wish thats your choice, but everything is not fine.

Nothing to do with expectation for me, i just want to spend my saturdays feeling as though i am watching MY team trying to win a football match. Add to that a bit of flair and some wing play and i will be happy.

How some people just cant see that we are watching rubbish week in week out is beyond me.

I dont care how much money other clubs have,it doesnt stop the Bristol City manager at least trying to play some attractive football. Burnley werent a richer club than us last season, it didnt stop there manager from going out to try and win games with WIDTH and attractive football.

Two years ago we played with TWO WINGERS and had the best season for 25 years, why then do we now play with no width at all.

Its not expectation,its style of play.

I am sick and tired of hearing all the negative crap. The problem is that we over-achieved massively in our first season in the championship and in doing that created a rod for our own back

Rubbish. I would be happy with mid table if it looked like we had the nucleus of a team that would grow and improve other time and the football was something approaching entertaining.

We have no balance in the XI, we're picking the wrong players in the wrong positions despite having some of the best individual players we've had in the last two decades and the football is shocking to watch.

People are not pissed off because we expect to get to the playoff final, nobody expects that, everybody recognises that for the massive achievement it was, people are pissed off because it's a ******* chore to go and watch the game and the manager doesn't fix the obvious problems.

Rubbish. I would be happy with mid table if it looked like we had the nucleus of a team that would grow and improve other time and the football was something approaching entertaining.

We have no balance in the XI, we're picking the wrong players in the wrong positions despite having some of the best individual players we've had in the last two decades and the football is shocking to watch.

People are not pissed off because we expect to get to the playoff final, nobody expects that, everybody recognises that for the massive achievement it was, people are pissed off because it's a ******* chore to go and watch the game and the manager doesn't fix the obvious problems.

completely agree ! I will always watch the City but its becoming boring and frustrating. I appreciate where we were and where we are now but Skuse, out of position (ribs out on loan) Sno on the left (Trundle out on loan and before you start saying he's a CF he came on several times last year and delivered some quality) Marv on the right (sproule on the bench) LJ in the middle (no fault of his own) but Marv, Sno or skuse are surely a better partner for the quality of Hartley. Johnson I am starting to become frustrated as i feel i've watched the same game 10 times this season.

Its so predictable non penetrating and sometimes verging on clueless tactically. We failed to have a plan B last year. This year we barely have Plan A. I Hope something changes soon. As for LJ i hope he moves on for he's own good. His dad does him no favours. If he did i think he would get the credit he deserves.

The current unrest has absolutely nothing to do with balance sheets, money or premier league status. It's about entertainment.

If you're happy with the garbage currently served up at Ashton Gate, then you're easily pleased. Personally, I think our performance level has been getting steadily worse and is now no longer acceptable.

Something needs to change and if Johnson isn't up to it, then we need to get someone in who is.

no this is the best post of the day spot on

I appreciate where we were and where we are now but Skuse, out of position (ribs out on loan) Sno on the left (Trundle out on loan and before you start saying he's a CF he came on several times last year and delivered some quality) Marv on the right (sproule on the bench) LJ in the middle (no fault of his own) but Marv, Sno or skuse are surely a better partner for the quality of Hartley.

It amazes me that you guys discuss City every day yet have no clue how we play.

You're closest on Sno, who's playing inside left or whatever it's called these days. He is quite welcome to go down the middle as he showed when he put Haynes through to hit the post. He would be wasted at CM as he has no stamina, passes badly atm and wouldn't be a good target man. Also Hartley wants to play deep so unless you want to play 4-1-3-2 without wingers (who can tuck in), we're never going to play a sole CM this season.

LJ doesn't play in the middle any more than Marv. We are playing a triangle formation or 4-1-2-3.

Skuse was playing RB before we loaned Ribs out - and is doing a great job there. LJ is playing well enough to keep his place and there's no reason to believe Williams would be any better.

When your manager and chairman state even up to a couple of weeks ago our aim is Automatic promotion then of course they are going to raise expectations and they must be man enough to take the fall from that if things go badly.

It amazes me that you guys discuss City every day yet have no clue how we play.

You're closest on Sno, who's playing inside left or whatever it's called these days. He is quite welcome to go down the middle as he showed when he put Haynes through to hit the post. He would be wasted at CM as he has no stamina, passes badly atm and wouldn't be a good target man. Also Hartley wants to play deep so unless you want to play 4-1-3-2 without wingers (who can tuck in), we're never going to play a sole CM this season.

LJ doesn't play in the middle any more than Marv. We are playing a triangle formation or 4-1-2-3.

Skuse was playing RB before we loaned Ribs out - and is doing a great job there. LJ is playing well enough to keep his place and there's no reason to believe Williams would be any better.

I think i do have a clue on what we are trying to do, but it is not working. Any winger is WELCOME to come inside and attack and that includes an orthadox winger. LJ job is to feel the holes and he doesn't do a bad job. Elliot is wasted out wide as he is a ball winner. Yesterday LJ drifted out wide and received the ball in a position where he should of drove on and attacked the box, but instead he stopped looked inside and lost all penetration of attack and ended up passing the ball back, this is something mcindoe done a lot of last year. So that suggests this is what they are told to do.

Against Ajax and yes i know it was a friendly Sno was fantastic in the middle and the role he played does not require fantastic stamina. And as for a target man he could also play there as he wins the ball well and holds it but why try him there when he has still not had the chance to show us what he is capable of in the centre. Williams would give us a greater attacking option which most people would prefer. It all comes down to too many CM's and not enough wide men. That comes down to GJ and his buys, and his refusal to put things right using the loan market. And finally i feel sorry for all the players being judge on there performance when asked to play out of position. With that said i rest my case.

Fantastic Post is all I can say......

Ok people can grumble and have a little moan, but do we need this many post saying EXACTELY the same thing. All we need on this forum is 1 post FOR the performance ect, and 1 post AGAINST the performance ect.

Its doing my head in seeing all these different posts that say the same thing over and over again, there useless and just boring to read because its all the saaaaaaaaaaaame.

Alright the performances havn't been the best i've ever seen, but writting them over and over again is pointless and only going to do the club harm. Keep this up and youll be looking at playing League one football next season. Lay of the club just a little bit please and have the OCCASIONAL moan. Needs to be done !!

Reading this post was a breath of fresh air to read !!

Good job :)

Archived