IGNORED

Ipswich Were The Better Side Today

Mr Mosquito

On paper we've got the better players and Ipswich are in the relegation zone. A City home victory certainty?? No, because our forward line of Maynard and Haynes carried on their crap form from the Sheffield United game. A brilliant goalkeeping performance from Gerkin salvaged a point for us that we didn't deserve on that display. I heard boos at half time in the Williams Stand, boos when Sno was taken off - and Johnson left on !!! - and boos at the end. On this type of form and team management tactics we'll be relegated.

Sub 10,000 gates beckon for next season if Gary Johnson and Co don't sort it out big time. With players of the calibre of Sno, Hartley and Gerkin in the side we should not be struggling. I would have brought on John Akinde today for our attack - but isn't he on loan ????!!!!! Why the hell was Evander Sno played on the left to make way for Lee Johnson to play in the centre midfield ?? :noexpression:

On paper we've got the better players and Ipswich are in the relegation zone. A City home victory certainty?? No, because our forward line of Maynard and Haynes carried on their crap form from the Sheffield United game. A brilliant goalkeeping performance from Gerkin salvaged a point for us that we didn't deserve on that display. I heard boos at half time in the Williams Stand, boos when Sno was taken off - and Johnson left on !!! - and boos at the end. On this type of form and team management tactics we'll be relegated.

Sub 10,000 gates beckon for next season if Gary Johnson and Co don't sort it out big time. With players of the calibre of Sno, Hartley and Gerkin in the side we should not be struggling. I would have brought on John Akinde today for our attack - but isn't he on loan ????!!!!! Why the hell was Evander Sno played on the left to make way for Lee Johnson to play in the centre midfield ?? :noexpression:

Echo everything in there gobbers. Can't really add anything as you've summed it all up.

Why the hell was Evander Sno played on the left to make way for Lee Johnson to play in the centre midfield ?? :noexpression:

Who else are we going to play there? Basso? :igiveup:

Sno is an awesome target man and hence needs to be playing in a forward position.

BTW, your implied accusation of nepotism is pathetic. LJ played about 3x better than Elliott so why are you trying to scapegoat LJ?

You play a left midfielder in a left midfield position not a gifted centre midfielder of Sno's calibre. Left midfielder Michael McIndoe wasn't replaced and now we're paying the price. As for Lee Johnson, he just seemed like he was getting in the way of Paul Hartley.

Echo everything in there gobbers. Can't really add anything as you've summed it all up.

Just one more thing, Nicky Maynard also kept falling over - from ever so slight pushes from the Ipswich defender - as he was about to receive the ball. Doesn't he know how to move and shift his balance to stop this happening? :noexpression:

You play a left midfielder in a left midfield position not a gifted centre midfielder of Sno's calibre. Left midfielder Michael McIndoe wasn't replaced and now we're paying the price.

Aren't you whining a bit late then?

If Sno's such a gifted CM, how come his passing is off most games?

As for Lee Johnson, he just seemed like he was getting in the way of Paul Hartley.

Perhaps you should've gone to the game. I think LJ got 2nd most applause in the first half.

Perhaps you should've gone to the game. I think LJ got 2nd most applause in the first half.

I was at the game watching from the Williams Stand. I've watched every home league game for the past 2 seasons and Lee Johnson - in all that time - has only impressed me on a very few occasions.

Sno is an awesome target man and hence needs to be playing in a forward position.

BTW, your implied accusation of nepotism is pathetic. LJ played about 3x better than Elliott so why are you trying to scapegoat LJ?

Because Elliott is also being asked to play out of position to accomodate LJ. Elliott is a very good midfield enforcer not a wide right player ffs. We had the right balance in centre midfield in the early part of the season with Hartley / Elliott.

Archived