IGNORED

Elliot Anonymous Again

For the record, Lee Johnson battled hard yesterday and whilst not always able to play the perfect pass, was far better than Elliot who was completely anonymous again. You could pick fault witabout Sno and Johnson, but at least they were involved, Elliot simply made up numbers.

I thought Cole Skuse was excellent all things considered, am i satggered that some people are actually crticising him.

Something has to change as at the moment we play without any real idea. W ejust appear to be trying to get through each game as i comes.

Yesterday was poor. Yes we hit the post, but the game was dire and Ipswich carved us apart to easily in the first half. Looking at our next 4 games, i am seriously worried that come January, we won't nervous about maybe sneaking top 6, we'll be more concerned about the bottom 4.

For the record, Lee Johnson battled hard yesterday and whilst not always able to play the perfect pass, was far better than Elliot who was completely anonymous again. You could pick fault witabout Sno and Johnson, but at least they were involved, Elliot simply made up numbers.

Elliot needs to be in the middle breaking up play, sticking him on the right is riduculous and never going to get the best out of him.

Elliot needs to be in the middle breaking up play, sticking him on the right is riduculous and never going to get the best out of him.

I do appreciate that, but for whatever reason it really wasn't worth him being on the pitch yesterday.

I do appreciate that, but for whatever reason it really wasn't worth him being on the pitch yesterday.

I agree, with the position he was playing Elliot was never going to be effective, so in that position it wasn't worth him playing, however I would rather have seen him than Johnson in the middle. Johnson and Hartley are similar types of players, both wanted to sit in the middle of the pitch playing the ball, that left us with knowone from midfield breaking into Ipswich's box, something Elliot could have done.

I agree, with the position he was playing Elliot was never going to be effective, so in that position it wasn't worth him playing, however I would rather have seen him than Johnson in the middle. Johnson and Hartley are similar types of players, both wanted to sit in the middle of the pitch playing the ball, that left us with knowone from midfield breaking into Ipswich's box, something Elliot could have done.

Sorry but you're in denial. There was absolutely nothing stopping Elliott doing all these great things we play him for apart from himself.

Sorry but you're in denial. There was absolutely nothing stopping Elliott doing all these great things we play him for apart from himself.

Whilst Elliot has not been as good as his first season here, in my opinion the formation were using is not getting the best out of him. Marv was interviewed in the programme yesterday, he said this season he had played only twice centrally, the other times he was on the left or the right. I just think Marv can only play in the centre, he's not the sort of player who is going to pick out long range passes, or dribble past players, he is best breaking up play.

You say there's nothing stopping Elliot from doing the great things we play him for, but now he has to cover the right hand side of mifield as well. He can't be everywhere like you seem to suggest, it seems you expect him to be chasing back, breaking play up in the middle, getting box to box whilst trying to play on the right of midfield to.

He played on his preferred position last season and had nothing like his former impact. It may be down to injuries but he has not had a good game in a very long time. Like Lee Trundle before him though there always seems to be an excuse why he isn't performing and he has to take no responsibility at all. For me Skuse has now overtaken him and the sooner Brad is back the better. :fingerscrossed:

IMO Marv did as much as he could given that he was being played out position, as was Sno. The core of the midfield should be Hartley and Sno as play-makers with either Marv or Skuse filling the role of breaking up attacks and picking up the pieces etc

None of these players should be left out or played out of position so that someone of average league one ability who hardly ever makes a tackle, or a killer pass, or wins a header, or scores from midfield, can play. What is the point of someone running around a lot, if the majority of the running is either alongside or just behind an opposition player, and the majority of passes are sideways or back to the team-mate who has just released the ball?

We may have the best squad for a long time but we certainly are not getting the best out of them or playing to their strengths.

If we continue to pick up points at the rate we have over the recent games we are bound to slip towards the wrong end of the league.

Whilst Elliot has not been as good as his first season here, in my opinion the formation were using is not getting the best out of him. Marv was interviewed in the programme yesterday, he said this season he had played only twice centrally, the other times he was on the left or the right. I just think Marv can only play in the centre, he's not the sort of player who is going to pick out long range passes, or dribble past players, he is best breaking up play.

You say there's nothing stopping Elliot from doing the great things we play him for, but now he has to cover the right hand side of mifield as well. He can't be everywhere like you seem to suggest, it seems you expect him to be chasing back, breaking play up in the middle, getting box to box whilst trying to play on the right of midfield to.

LJ & Hartley do it, why shouldn't Marv?

If Marv wants to roam, we have 2 of the smartest midfielders in the game who will cover him.

Also you said earlier that LJ is playing in the middle. He isn't. We are playing a triangle formation, Marv on the right, LJ on the left, Hartley deep.

Does Marv want to play on the left? Because I dare say LJ and GJ wouldn't mind if it got Marv playing half-decent again.

LJ & Hartley do it, why shouldn't Marv?

If Marv wants to roam, we have 2 of the smartest midfielders in the game who will cover him.

Also you said earlier that LJ is playing in the middle. He isn't. We are playing a triangle formation, Marv on the right, LJ on the left, Hartley deep.

Does Marv want to play on the left? Because I dare say LJ and GJ wouldn't mind if it got Marv playing half-decent again.

Lee Johnson on the left? Has he grown dreadlocks and grown about 5 feet?

I'm assuming you're trying to be funny. Because nobody's dumb enough to challenge a statement which is obviously true... whether you think about where he's playing or merely asking yourself where the dreadlocked guy is actually playing and if so who's playing on the left side of midfield.

Do we do cheap tickets for 'slow' people or something?

Did you play the riddler in the Batman series?

Give us a clue what you are talking about and I may have an answer, are you still talking about our targetman Sno :noexpression: .

You are clearly better off watching American Football, our wide recievers are MIA and our Forward line just aren't just up to the Hail Marys from our quarter back, we are increasingly finding it difficult to get netscores because our coach has not got the right team members during the playoff window.

Hopefully after the second quarter of this season he will use his cell phone to call one of the super teams in the EFA like The Manchester Reds and get on board a left kicking wide reciever, so this stops the European Dutch maestro from playing out there.

Is this better for you, the terminology maybe aint right as I'm not a fan of American football.

Did you play the riddler in the Batman series?

Give us a clue what you are talking about and I may have an answer, are you still talking about our targetman Sno :noexpression: .

You are clearly better off watching American Football, our wide recievers are MIA and our Forward line just aren't just up to the Hail Marys from our quarter back, we are increasingly finding it difficult to get netscores because our coach has not got the right team members during the playoff window.

Hopefully after the second quarter of this season he will use his cell phone to call one of the super teams in the EFA like The Manchester Reds and get on board a left kicking wide reciever, so this stops the European Dutch maestro from playing out there.

Is this better for you, the terminology maybe aint right as I'm not a fan of American football.

nice. For some reason he is convinced that Sno is playing up front, depsite being deeper than any striker known to man, and further left than any striker in a front 3, and generally taking up the position occupied by a left midfielder at all times, he's clearly playing up front, it's obvious, isn't it :noexpression:

There does seem to be some interesting takes on positions on this forum, there is someone dribbling about how Skuse has been poor at RWB for the last few games, because we all know the old RWb in a flat back 4 tactic :/

but we may be onto something here, mabye this is our formation

------------------Gerken----------------

-----------Nyatanga------Fonts-------McCallister---

--Skuse----------------------------------------------

---Elliot-------johnson------Hartley-----------------

-------------------------------------------Sno--------

------------Maynard----------Haynes------------

The old lop sided 3-1-3-1-2.

nice. For some reason he is convinced that Sno is playing up front, depsite being deeper than any striker known to man, and further left than any striker in a front 3, and generally taking up the position occupied by a left midfielder at all times, he's clearly playing up front, it's obvious, isn't it :noexpression:

There does seem to be some interesting takes on positions on this forum, there is someone dribbling about how Skuse has been poor at RWB for the last few games, because we all know the old RWb in a flat back 4 tactic :/

but we may be onto something here, mabye this is our formation

------------------Gerken----------------

-----------Nyatanga------Fonts-------McCallister---

--Skuse----------------------------------------------

---Elliot-------johnson------Hartley-----------------

-------------------------------------------Sno--------

------------Maynard----------Haynes------------

The old lop sided 3-1-3-1-2.

:winner_third_h4h: That's it! Obvious.

I have just noticed if you start at McAllister and draw a line right through all the players you end up with an "S".

Is Gary Johnson the first to play the "S" formation?

How anyone can't see the reason for Marvs form is that he's being played out of position is unbelievable. GJ is out of his mind. Another game with 4 central midfielders on the pitch, with 2 of them playing on the wing. What a boring game, again. The sooner he puts wingers out there the better for me along with getting his waste of space son off the pitch. He brought nothing yesterday apart from a couple of passback/shots and a few hilarious moments of pulling out of challenges and sloppy play. Bring on the abuse. :disapointed2se:

How anyone can't see the reason for Marvs form is that he's being played out of position is unbelievable. GJ is out of his mind. Another game with 4 central midfielders on the pitch, with 2 of them playing on the wing. What a boring game, again. The sooner he puts wingers out there the better for me along with getting his waste of space son off the pitch. He brought nothing yesterday apart from a couple of passback/shots and a few hilarious moments of pulling out of challenges and sloppy play. Bring on the abuse. :disapointed2se:

Wish i could but cant really find anything in that statement to abuse you for, stick with it, i'm sure a few geniuses will be along very soon, good luck :mafia:

How anyone can't see the reason for Marvs form is that he's being played out of position is unbelievable. GJ is out of his mind.

Either that or you guys are and can't see a 4-3-3, even when it's pointed out to you that we've been playing it for 2/3rds of the season.

According to you, Sno played as deep as Elliott... when they both stayed on opposite sides of the half-way line. :laugh:

Oh yeah, and GJ, the best manager we've had in 30 years, is playing Elliott on the wing when we have Danny Haynes in the same 11 and Williams & Sproule on the bench. :doh:

Is it my imagination or is it the same people who are slagging of LJ (who played 3x better than Marv) exactly the same people who think we're playing a 4-4-2 with neither a left-sided midfielder nor a right-sided one? :kiddie:

Now I know it's not a symmetric formation and GJ says our formations aren't fixed anyway, but still... :rolleyes:

Apart from the fact that his role on the day is to not break up the play. That along with filling the holes is Lee Johnson's, would you step on his toes and risk being dropped . Stop blaming these players who are continually being played out of there best positions just to accommodate others and question the selection. The best players don't make the best teams.

:closedeyes:

A couple of comments.

Denial is known as " African river syndrome ", its a joke.

Elliot late last season and this season cannot be assed putting in the hard yards when lesser performed players are selected to play in his favoured position. Lets be honest, most good judges are saying or have said the same thing. Its not just City, other clubs have players who have their best position occupied by a lesser player.

I have said for 2 years that LJ is a good 90 minute pro, shows up and puts in a shift. To use GJ's words, he simply does not affect a game, especially from midfield. For me it has to be Hartley and Skuse in a 4-4-2, or Hartley Skuse and Sno/Elliot in a 4-3-3. Playing Skuse at Rt back is just an excuse to get LJ a start. Rt back should be Orr or Ribiero

Its pointless me making these comments, which is why I dont post much anymore...........along with plenty of other more senior posters........ its a waste of time. The new forum is missing such posters as Tom F, Richieb, Arny, Bristol Boy, Sipowicz, Edson and the late bransonmo, however we still have Nogbad. Good analytic posters who were involved with the game and the players, not just playing politics in romper room.

'

A couple of comments.

Denial is known as " African river syndrome ", its a joke.

Elliot late last season and this season cannot be assed putting in the hard yards when lesser performed players are selected to play in his favoured position. Lets be honest, most good judges are saying or have said the same thing. Its not just City, other clubs have players who have their best position occupied by a lesser player.

I have said for 2 years that LJ is a good 90 minute pro, shows up and puts in a shift. To use GJ's words, he simply does not affect a game, especially from midfield. For me it has to be Hartley and Skuse in a 4-4-2, or Hartley Skuse and Sno/Elliot in a 4-3-3. Playing Skuse at Rt back is just an excuse to get LJ a start. Rt back should be Orr or Ribiero

Its pointless me making these comments, which is why I dont post much anymore...........along with plenty of other more senior posters........ its a waste of time. The new forum is missing such posters as Tom F, Richieb, Arny, Bristol Boy, Edson, ex Admin and the late bransonmo. Good analytic posters who were involved with the game and the players, not just playing politics in romper room.

'

Didn't i just say that in less words ?? Perhaps as a senior poster your eye sights going ??

Apart from the fact that his role on the day is to not break up the play.

Could you possibly translate into English?

Stop blaming these players who are continually being played out of there best positions just to accommodate others and question the selection.

God, not another one who thinks Elliott was being played as a winger... Wingers are at the forefront of attacks you know. Elliott rarely got beyond the half-way line except when the whole team pushed up.

Totally agree, how come no one else can see this. Marv is one of our best midfielders when played in the correct position. 4 central midfielders one of which being LJ isnt the way forward.

Archived