IGNORED

Where Are The City Supporters ?

foghornred

:city: I read this forum quite regularly but I am thinking of taking it off my favorites because it it so anti Bristol City,

Is there anyone out there who actually supports Bristol City ?

We are in one of the best leagues in the world and are doing well, yet all I read are negative thoughts and all that it is all going wrong.

The supporters who Boo at the final whistle after a very tough game,in which we took a point,should have think of where we are at the moment.

Where were we when Gary Johnson took over,didn't you wish that we could be a solid championship side then ?

If we can stay in this division for a few years then move to our new ground then we can make a real attempt to win it. :winner_third_h4h:

In the mean time give Bristol City your support and stop being so negative ! :mf_sleep:

:city: I read this forum quite regularly but I am thinking of taking it off my favorites because it it so anti Bristol City,

We are in one of the best leagues in the world and are doing well, yet all I read are negative thoughts and all that it is all going wrong.

The supporters who Boo at the final whistle after a very tough game,in which we took a point,should have think of where we are at the moment.

Where were we when Gary Johnson took over,didn't you wish that we could be a solid championship side then ?

If we can stay in this division for a few years then move to our new ground then we can make a real attempt to win it. :winner_third_h4h:

In the mean time give Bristol City your support and stop being so negative ! :mf_sleep:

There are plenty of supporters on here. The "look where we were 3 years ago" sentiment is starting to wear a little thin.

People aren't asking for guaranteed promotion, but an improvement in the way we approach games and more positive, entertaining and constructive football.

Emotionally charged posts following a defeat aren't always objective, of course, but I think most posts are well thought out and are right to question where we are heading.

I have found the way we've played in the last few months really quite boring. I'd like to see a change to this if I can please.

:disapointed2se: I always have, but I am concerned and I am becoming increasingly worried about GJ`s tactics/team selections at this moment in time.

As I`ve said before supporting doesnt mean you have to agree with every decision made, does it?

This is but a moment in time, seen worse seen better, in better and worse divisions. :dunno:

We are all in the same boat just have different views on how we are to get where we are going; your first couple of lines are an insult to us all i.m.o

:city: I don't mean to insult anyone but if your way of support is to Boo or walk out early then I don't think that it is the type of support Bristol city are looking for.

I know that everyone has opinions and that we are not playing the most attractive football at the moment but this is the time when we should be SUPPORTING the team.

Alot of BCFC fans are massive moaners, they always have been. And the problem is the moaners always have the loudest voice and the most too say.

I often find myself laughing at the gate because of the abuse thrown from the stands, I wonder if most city fans actually understand how tough this league is. They seem to expect us to destroy most teams at a canter.

Sadly, most of the content city fans remain quiet, simply because there is nothing we need to get off of our chests!

:city: I don't mean to insult anyone but if your way of support is to Boo or walk out early then I don't think that it is the type of support Bristol city are looking for.

I know that everyone has opinions and that we are not playing the most attractive football at the moment but this is the time when we should be SUPPORTING the team.

Prepare to be insulted.

Interesting. The difference between us and The Sags has always been that while they're prepared to accept the sub standard, we don't and won't. We're vociferous about it. We've always out-performed them and part of the reason is our mentality is second best is no good.

Some criticism is vindictive and destructive. Other is valid and constructive.

I'm a GJ supporter ... but this is his first true test. His signings, tactics, team selections, man management skills are all being - rightly in my mind -questioned. That's a 'full house' in terms of management responsibilities. Worrying, but not a crisis just yet. He's hunkering down in response. Hopefully, that isn't a sulk but a real focus on getting the team right.

Come on City ... get on a run. This division is here for the taking.

So we can't comment on our team when they're not playing well even though we're paying players the most they have ever been paid?

:city:I don't mean to insult anyone but if your way of support is to Boo or walk out early then I don't think that it is the type of support Bristol city are looking for.

Nobody said it is. There's a difference between constructive criticism after a game and booing during a game. So am I not a fan for being disappointed with yet another poorperformance and voicing my views on the supporters forum?

Alot of BCFC fans are massive moaners, they always have been. And the problem is the moaners always have the loudest voice and the most too say.

I often find myself laughing at the gate because of the abuse thrown from the stands, I wonder if most city fans actually understand how tough this league is. They seem to expect us to destroy most teams at a canter.

Sadly, most of the content city fans remain quiet, simply because there is nothing we need to get off of our chests!

The occasional WIN at home would be good.

To score first in the first half would be good.

Everyone on here bar a few Gas trolls and the odd Sheffield Wednesday/Nottingham Forest fan whenever we are due to play them IS a Bristol City SUPPORTER or SYMPATHISER at the very least. You seem to have a notion that only people with your particular mindset are TRUE SUPPORTERS of the football club. I find that bizarre and, at worst, extremely arrogant.

I would be grateful, though, if someone could give me a definitive answer on the look where we were only X years ago argument. Can someone tell me the value of X so that we all know how much more time we can put up with the current predominantly dull football without complaint? I would like to think that GJ will solve this problem by the end of the season (if he gets a decent left winger in January I'm sure that will be a massive shot in the arm for us) but please tell me if I should be cutting him some slack and giving him another eight or nine years before we have a right to expect a bit of entertainment!!!

Are you GJ in disguise????

No one wants City to lose or wants to boo however 95% of people actually agree that this is the best squad City have EVER had, the point being made is GJ, at the moment at least, is not getting the tactics right and getting the best out of the players, thats peoples gripe at the minute which is the frustrating thing, we can see it why cant he is the question!!!

Everyone on here bar a few Gas trolls and the odd Sheffield Wednesday/Nottingham Forest fan whenever we are due to play them IS a Bristol City SUPPORTER or SYMPATHISER at the very least. You seem to have a notion that only people with your particular mindset are TRUE SUPPORTERS of the football club. I find that bizarre and, at worst, extremely arrogant.

I would be grateful, though, if someone could give me a definitive answer on the look where we were only X years ago argument. Can someone tell me the value of X so that we all know how much more time we can put up with the current predominantly dull football without complaint? I would like to think that GJ will solve this problem by the end of the season (if he gets a decent left winger in January I'm sure that will be a massive shot in the arm for us) but please tell me if I should be cutting him some slack and giving him another eight or nine years before we have a right to expect a bit of entertainment!!!

X is actually 31years, which by my reckoning means we've actually gone backwards, therefore GJ deserves all the abuse he's getting ;)

To be fair, i think most are Bristol City fans its just that far less are Gary Johnson fans; and getting fewer by the week!

I'm still in the pro GJ camp though! :chant6ez:

Archived