IGNORED

Ps3

CarlBCFC

I haven't but you have my sympathy, i would be pretty gutted as well. 1st thing, get in touch with Sony for a repair/replacement.

well my mum has a tutorial for fixing it so she will give it a go. Might take up gaming repairs in college! Seems a good business with the 54% Xbox fail rate :innocent06::whistle2::bounce:

well my mum has a tutorial for fixing it so she will give it a go. Might take up gaming repairs in college! Seems a good business with the 54% Xbox fail rate :innocent06::whistle2::bounce:

I had a PS3 and it broke 3 times in 8 months, sold it got an Xbox, had it for 8 months and no problems.

the new Xbox's have a very minimal chance of breaking after the original problems seem to have been solved.

I had a PS3 and it broke 3 times in 8 months, sold it got an Xbox, had it for 8 months and no problems.

the new Xbox's have a very minimal chance of breaking after the original problems seem to have been solved.

Unlucky! Id like to get both just because all my mates are split halfway

I brought a PS3 when the 60gig came out. It went wrong within 3 months and Sony replaced it with a 40gig model. That went wrong and I had it repaired again but got rid not long after.

Anyone have any idea why these things go wrong at the rate they do, I appreciate some never have problems, but take a pc for example, it can run for years put under extreme loads and still work flawlessly mostly.

Never happened to my ATARI 2600. :innocent06:

Seems its pot luck unless you abuse your system in some way, i.e not keeping it ventilated. Touch wood, i got my 60gb on release day and its not had a single issue.

My bruv's 40gb however did something a bit odd the other day, switched it on after playing the evening before and all of his user settings and save data was gone. Date and local settings all stayed the same and he had only an account called User1 to log into. Bar some odd technical glitch, he's not ruling out the kids dabbling in the menus and resetting the thing, i Googled the problem and couldn't find jack. It left me wondering what the PS3 does when you do a reset as i don't remember mine having any user accounts setup the first time i switched it on. The lesson to be learned is always back up your data, he'd nearly done MW2 and then had to start again, add to that all his other save games.

Archived