IGNORED

Just Got Home Anbd Im Annoyed And Disappointed

downendcity

When I set off from home late this afternoon, I was looking forward to seeing the team for the first time this season although I must admit that was also slightly concerned about our chances given the feedback about perfromances on here recently.

All I can say is that's the last time I rely on my sat nav, as heaven's knows where it took me this evening! I did get to see a game of football, but I don't know who I was watching as the away team ( coincidentally they did wear red strip like City) played some really good football, scored 2 goals in the first half ( if only City could do that) and pretty well controlled the game to ran out well deserved winners.

All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening, only spoiled because I still don't know how City got on althoungh I doubt they did as well as the team I watched this evening!!

The constructive criticism worked then. Starting Sproule and playing with width were two of the things that many on here were calling for.

This was my first game of the season, so I can't make direct comparison with previous games but I would say that having Orr back was pretty important, as it allowed Skuse to play in his best position. Also, funnily enough Ivan was most effective when running in to out, rather than just hugging the touchline. But playing Sproule on the right, Sno seemed not necessarily to play central midfield, but he did seem to be involved in everything - his ability to see a through pass is brilliant, and we just need to get a few of the other players on his wavelength. He seemed to have a floating role, and was involved all over the pitch butb this was because of the way Hartley and Skuse supported him and did the hard graft.

My one observation is that Sno is obviously used to being given more time and space on the ball, because he seems to want the ball to come on to him rather than going to the ball when it is passed or knocked up to him. He doesn't seem to jump when going for headers as he likes to take the ball on his chest, and seems always to back into a defender when taking a pass. If he moved to the ball more he would give himself that extra yard of space and time. That's nit picvking, because he does look to be a class act. As for his stamina, he ran pretty well the length of the pitch to get on the end of the passing move for the third goal, so I don't see too much of a problem - although perhaps the weight of all that hair tires him more quickly than other players.

After all Ive read on here, and recent results, I was not over optimistic about last night. While I accept that recent games did not feature the same selction and formation as yesterday, I have to say that if they contnue to play like that we should have little to worry about. However, what will the reaction be when Ivan has an off day, or tougher teams don't allow us to dominate as we did yesterday? Ivan showed yesterday the two sides of his game - a great goal but also some dodgy first touches. I would also credit him with some tremendous tracking back to make saving tackles. He is a confidence player, and playing his type of game he will try things that don't always come off, and if we want to see perfromances like yesterday's, then fans need to stay off his back when it doesn't quite go to plan, otherwise he will just play it safe and we lose a great asset top the team.

Finally, last night convinced me that I really must try and get to more games, as there is nothing to beat the sense of elation at seeing such a performance and result in the atmosphere created by a few hundred like minded fans. Well there is, but that's with no one watching and I don't wear a wooly hat to keep warm - well I do, but only when it's my birthaday!

When I set off from home late this afternoon, I was looking forward to seeing the team for the first time this season although I must admit that was also slightly concerned about our chances given the feedback about perfromances on here recently.

All I can say is that's the last time I rely on my sat nav, as heaven's knows where it took me this evening! I did get to see a game of football, but I don't know who I was watching as the away team ( coincidentally they did wear red strip like City) played some really good football, scored 2 goals in the first half ( if only City could do that) and pretty well controlled the game to ran out well deserved winners.

All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening, only spoiled because I still don't know how City got on althoungh I doubt they did as well as the team I watched this evening!!

You're lucky then - the rest of us have had to put up with some dire stuff at the Gate this season.

You're lucky then - the rest of us have had to put up with some dire stuff at the Gate this season.

poor poor you. Maybe you should support Man Utd or Arsenal?

They could guarantee you something that Bristol City cant....

Brilliant football week in week out..

poor poor you. Maybe you should support Man Utd or Arsenal?

They could guarantee you something that Bristol City cant....

Brilliant football week in week out..

Sadly RIAZ your "suggestion" for lack of a better name is a reality for some of the floating fans we acquired which is a big part of why our gates are down 2k.

Surely as a superfan you shouldn't be wanting further damage to the club by even more reduced attendances?

Sadly RIAZ your "suggestion" for lack of a better name is a reality for some of the floating fans we acquired which is a big part of why our gates are down 2k.

Surely as a superfan you shouldn't be wanting further damage to the club by even more reduced attendances?

Me superfan?? yeah right!

Point is, If your going to support Bristol City you cant expect things to be perfect...

If you want a team who always gets results by playing brilliant football - then Bristol City are not the team for you...

Furthermore, our manager's job depends on the results... thats the main concern...

If performances come along with that great - If not, tough shit.

Our fan base have a inflated view of our club at the moment... we are still a small club.

I started watching City in 1967. From then until a year or so before we got promotion, season after season seemed to be a constant fight against relegation, and I had to watch come pretty dire stuff then as well. Dropping to division 4 was pretty dire as well. I can cope with watchingn dire when we are in the upper reachjes of the championship, given that in my 55 years we have spent only 6/7 years at this level or higher.

Family and financial circumstances mean that I havent been able to get to any games this season until yersterday, and only a few last. I envy you guys who can go to AG every other week, because I can remember through all those dire seasons in the late 60's and early 70's that I still looked foreward to every match with jujst the same keen anticipation, and however we had been playing. One thing I learned a long time ago, is that supporting City involves an acceptance that for most of the time the experience will be frustrating and disappointing. There will be moments of elation and sucess, and when they come the frustration and disappointment makes it all the more enjoyable, just like last night.

Me lucky? No, your the lucky one, it's just that you don't realise how lucky you are.

If I wanted guaranteed entertainment and regular sucess I would follow Man U. Train fair to Manchester, £60. Food and drink, £50. Match ticket, £40.

Supporting Bristol City - Priceless!

The constructive criticism worked then. Starting Sproule and playing with width were two of the things that many on here were calling for.

Others also called for Gary to be sacked, accused millen of being a yes man, that Lee J is only playing because his dads the manager and many many other scenarios that are way off the mark.

Me lucky? No, your the lucky one, it's just that you don't realise how lucky you are.

If I wanted guaranteed entertainment and regular sucess I would follow Man U. Train fair to Manchester, £60. Food and drink, £50. Match ticket, £40.

TOP MAN :city:

Others also called for Gary to be sacked, accused millen of being a yes man, that Lee J is only playing because his dads the manager and many many other scenarios that are way off the mark.

Most of this is the minority , if you had read properly most were just saying we need width and were worried about our form than calling for the head of anyone. We all want the same thing.

Me superfan?? yeah right!

Point is, If your going to support Bristol City you cant expect things to be perfect...

If you want a team who always gets results by playing brilliant football - then Bristol City are not the team for you...

Furthermore, our manager's job depends on the results... thats the main concern...

If performances come along with that great - If not, tough shit.

Our fan base have a inflated view of our club at the moment... we are still a small club.

Absolutly spot on Riaz

We are still a small club, but we needed to get to the championship which we have and the next step is to become an astablished championship club which we are doing very nicely. To be involved in and around the playoffs from the moment we started until now is nothing short of amazing. Instead of enjoying the ride we have to put up with some of the negative and abusive rubbish that some un-happy people put on here. Just look at teams like Sheff Wed , Derby, Reading, Ipswhich, Preston, and QPR that are bigger than us and are sat mid table or below and have been for a while ( preston the exception )

I started watching City in 1967. From then until a year or so before we got promotion, season after season seemed to be a constant fight against relegation, and I had to watch come pretty dire stuff then as well. Dropping to division 4 was pretty dire as well. I can cope with watchingn dire when we are in the upper reachjes of the championship, given that in my 55 years we have spent only 6/7 years at this level or higher.

Family and financial circumstances mean that I havent been able to get to any games this season until yersterday, and only a few last. I envy you guys who can go to AG every other week, because I can remember through all those dire seasons in the late 60's and early 70's that I still looked foreward to every match with jujst the same keen anticipation, and however we had been playing. One thing I learned a long time ago, is that supporting City involves an acceptance that for most of the time the experience will be frustrating and disappointing. There will be moments of elation and sucess, and when they come the frustration and disappointment makes it all the more enjoyable, just like last night.

:o:yawn:

This is very profound. :read:

One thing I've never understood is how do ManUre fans enjoy the game? They expect to be in the top 2 of the Premierbore. They expect to be in the final of one or more cups throughout a season. Where are their downs so they can enjoy their (many) ups???

I'm ecstatic if we win 1-3 away at Leicester. :bounce:

I've decided to take pity on ManUre fans. It must be tough winning all the time. Somewhat analogous to Tiger Woods who clearly sought something else in his life.

I am really beginning to believe that the next poster of the year should be da da dada da daaaaaaaa

RIAZ

Mate you really do talk some sense and it is so about time on this forum. Yes we all want our team to win (i think) Yes we would all love the accolade and plaudits that come with success but the fact of the matter is unless you support a top 7-10 Prem team that success is going to be limited also some seem to think because and i am not sure who said that we should be the man utd of the south west that we are on a par with those teams. Success is relative to where you are the size of the club and unity amongst the natives. Man utd have 40+ years of european and english success liverpool arsenal all of them have seen falls we have been top flight on 2 occasions in our history.

This is very profound. :read:

One thing I've never understood is how do ManUre fans enjoy the game? They expect to be in the top 2 of the Premierbore. They expect to be in the final of one or more cups throughout a season. Where are their downs so they can enjoy their (many) ups???

I'm ecstatic if we win 1-3 away at Leicester. :bounce:

I've decided to take pity on ManUre fans. It must be tough winning all the time. Somewhat analogous to Tiger Woods who clearly sought something else in his life.

Turn it on it's head Chivs. Imagine how loyal longsuffering Rochdalel fans, for instance, would feel if they read our forum and the City fans bemoaning theteam that's 8th in the championship. Those poor b*****s have never even had any ups to compensate for the downs and must wonder just what we have to moan about!

Re Man U. To be fair they do have proper fans, who I am sure feel just the way about their club as we do about ours and don't forget that many of them had a quarter of a century without winning the league and relegation to Div 2, while their biggest rivals cleaned up. However, the glory hunters seem to take take enjoyment from gloating about their sucess on every message board they can get on, and treat most other clubs with apparent distain and an air of superiority.

Tiger Woods seems to be a lot like BCFC, as both seem to have ***** up far to often when they seemed to be on to a good thing.

I've never understood this reverse snobbery stuff.

People like me, who dare to criticise the manager, get stick for not towing the party line, being fickle and demanding perfection. Yet the so-called 'superfans' and diehards that can see no wrong seem to wallow in the fact that 'we are a small club' and that we 'struggle to improve' and 'we are not a big club in the Premier League' and predictably the critics get told to 'go and support Man U if you want perfection'.

Why? What is this 'snobbery' that says we are a small club and have to eternally struggle to achieve success and we have to be grateful for that?

What is so wrong about wanting your team to improve and be up there with the best? What is wrong about wanting your team to play the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool week in, week out? Why should we accept that being a Bristol City fan means you have to accept 'your lot' and suffer poor performances? If those of us who supported City in the 70's had that attitude, would we ever have reached the top tier for those precious four seasons? Why can't we get there again?

Most of the fans who criticise the manager do so because they want to see our club successful and are frustrated, and angered, by the manager's apparent blindness to things that seem to be wrong with the team that everyone else can see except him.

You can accept your lot if you wish, but don't be a 'reverse snob' and berate those who aspire to even greater success.

People like me, who dare to criticise the manager, get stick for not towing the party line, being fickle and demanding perfection. Yet the so-called 'superfans' and diehards that can see no wrong seem to wallow in the fact that 'we are a small club' and that we 'struggle to improve' and 'we are not a big club in the Premier League' and predictably the critics get told to 'go and support Man U if you want perfection'.

Why? What is this 'snobbery' that says we are a small club and have to eternally struggle to achieve success and we have to be grateful for that?

What is so wrong about wanting your team to improve and be up there with the best? What is wrong about wanting your team to play the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool week in, week out? Why should we accept that being a Bristol City fan means you have to accept 'your lot' and suffer poor performances? If those of us who supported City in the 70's had that attitude, would we ever have reached the top tier for those precious four seasons? Why can't we get there again?

Most of the fans who criticise the manager do so because they want to see our club successful and are frustrated, and angered, by the manager's apparent blindness to things that seem to be wrong with the team that everyone else can see except him.

You can accept your lot if you wish, but don't be a 'reverse snob' and berate those who aspire to even greater success.

Absolute rubbish again. I'm not accepting "our lot" - I can see progress at this football club.

We are currently a small club - but we have manager and chairmen who are trying to make us a big club...

YOU ARE FICKLE. You expect success NOW and expect us to play brilliant football.

My expectation at the moment is at least stay in the championship - preferably in the top half and hopefully get into the play-offs... With the long term expectation of Premier League football..... Very realistic with SL & GJ at the club....

My expectation is also NOT to get sucked in to a relegation battle - if we did then GJ's job would be then questionable.

You sum up the average fickle fan.... NOW NOW NOW - instant success.

Have a look om the rovers forum - they have em. Top half league one... fans questioning the managers position

Leicester lose two on the bounce and their fans questioning the managers position...

All 3 managers have done a brilliant jobs at thier respective clubs.

Fickle fans like you and robbored bring down the club. But I suppose all clubs have em.

You have a very good point and well thought out post and thats the difference between you and the majority that come on here demanding success, spouting lies, pointing out the obvious but with no answers to how to fix those problems and then demanding that GJ gets the sack. There is a way to present an opinion and most people on here be it miserable Fu**ers or happy clappers don't ever seem to find the right balance in there own argument.

Not true, actually.

People have certainly be calling for width for some time, but Sproule to start? I think not.

SJC asked posters what their team would be against Ipswich. This was long after the problem of lack of width had been raised. 43 posters either suggested a team or agreed with other poster's versions of the preferred line-up.

Six out of 43 wanted Sproule to start.

So, we got it wrong, the manager got it right...!

The results are adequate, but he (like many) is moaning about the style of play.

The results over the last six weeks have been relegation form - but that aside how did you manage to turn "moaning about style of play" into demanding brilliant football and success now?

You are massively exaggerating again just so you can have a pop at another fan who wants the best for his football club. Why?

The results over the last six weeks have been relegation form - but that aside how did you manage to turn "moaning about style of play" into demanding brilliant football and success now?

You are massively exaggerating again just so you can have a pop at another fan who wants the best for his football club. Why?

oh that old chesnut. "relegation form" we had this last season... teams have good form and bad form. Your are clever enough to know that...

We are 8th in the league and people are moaning about the style of play.... So what do they want exactly?? brilliant football to go with the results.. no exaggeration there.

what and you would say that some of the lies that have been posted on here since are not massive over exaggerations?

These "supporters" that boo our own players - was that having the clubs best interests at heart? or just because they were being rather selfish and throwing there toys out the pram because GJ or the players in question didn't do what they wanted when they wanted.

what and you would say that some of the lies that have been posted on here since are not massive over exaggerations?

These "supporters" that boo our own players - was that having the clubs best interests at heart? or just because they were being rather selfish because trowing there toys out the pram because GJ or the player in question didn't do what they wanted when they wanted.

What are you on about? What lies?

Some people have been critical of our selections and style of play. Those views could be considered somewhat vindicated after we made significant changes to selections and style of play last night and reaped the rewards. But so what?

Why do people need to exaggerate those views into something they never were and turn what could be an interesting debate into pathetic personal digs?

Archived