IGNORED

Thefa.com

Redmin

Cardiff get an equal share due to it being an Football Association Cup game, so it's 72,000 each.

I was poor at school, I will admit. My worse subject being Geography, I once got lost going to a lesson.

Please address all compliants to The Head Teacher of Bedminster Down School.

You may be poor at maths, but I think you've underestimated the financial gain

Stick with the 14,000 figure

We get half of that, 7,000 lots of £20s

We now from the FA get 3,600 lots of £20s (although taking into account u16 and consessions, surely more like 4000)

So to regain the initial takings we just need 7000-4000=3000 fans monies.

In the whole stadium that 6000 peoples. Or in actual terms the club will not lose out

And for the 4000 of us who don't turn up, because no matter how good out our excuse is; we don't value the matchday experience that much, and would prefer to watch at home, have just got a £20 present from the FA, and all you can do is whine

we don't value the matchday experience that much, and would prefer to watch at home,

Well, I'm quite saddened to read this.

For me, it is all about "the matchday experience". Meeting up with friends, associates and faces, having a few beers, going to the game and having a rant and a curse, and then a couple more post match drinks.

You see, once this is gone from the game, then the game is gone.

Enjoy your view, oh and your gift. :noexpression:

Genuinely undecided on this one. Will be coughing up a few sheets anyway for QPR (that's without the re-mortgage I've just taken out in order to buy the tickets!!) but I'm going to see what the football is like over the next few weeks and if we are zipping the ball about a bit and trying to attack I will be able to find the cash for my son and I to attend. If we play narrow, lack ideas and creativity and are boring to watch over the next few weeks then we shall probably vote with our feet on this occasion.

Hopefully Tuesday was a turning point, football wise, because if so, I and many others will be getting down the Gate and going away as often as it is practical and affordable.

Well, I'm quite saddened to read this.

For me, it is all about "the matchday experience". Meeting up with friends, associates and faces, having a few beers, going to the game and having a rant and a curse, and then a couple more post match drinks.

You see, once this is gone from the game, then the game is gone.

Enjoy your view, oh and your gift. :noexpression:

Speaking personally there are a number of reasons why someone would not value the matchday experience.

I held a season ticket for 3 years, then when all my friends went to uni and couldn't attend any more I still attended with a season ticket on my own. I loved the sound of the crowd, the feeling that I was one of 15,000 people all feeling the pain of that last minute equalizer, or the elation of getting promotion from league one, the euphoria being in the east end for the play off against crystal palace

Recently however I've been hit pretty bad with depression, I couldn't give a care in the world for any of those things, I watched the highlights of the two fantastic goals against leicester and finished the clip feeling, meh, its only football, he just happens to be good with a ball at his feet.. I'm equally talented with a pen in my hand, I just lack the exposure

So yeah for me it is a gift, the chance to maybe get back something I lost months ago, because I'm damn sure I'm not going to get myself to Ashton Gate to try and find it

Sorry, I didn't mean to write we, I didn't mean to implicate myself directly for said reason, but I took the sarcasm in your post badly

My point was, people here whine about it being harder to get to the game, whine about how difficult it is, and rarely (i don't think i've seen a post) shown any joy at us getting a long overdue televised game

Why can't people accept that sometimes we will have games that are not at 3pm on a Saturday. For fans that cannot get to the game its a rare opportunity to watch it over the internet. If we ever got to the Premier League you're all going to be very disappointed.

Get over? it's half 12 the day after new years.... but yes I agree if we get promoted we will have many sunday games which would be quite annoying to be fair I enjoy watching footy on a saturday and tues evenings. Just be nicer if we had been away though.

Speaking personally there are a number of reasons why someone would not value the matchday experience.

I held a season ticket for 3 years, then when all my friends went to uni and couldn't attend any more I still attended with a season ticket on my own. I loved the sound of the crowd, the feeling that I was one of 15,000 people all feeling the pain of that last minute equalizer, or the elation of getting promotion from league one, the euphoria being in the east end for the play off against crystal palace

Recently however I've been hit pretty bad with depression, I couldn't give a care in the world for any of those things, I watched the highlights of the two fantastic goals against leicester and finished the clip feeling, meh, its only football, he just happens to be good with a ball at his feet.. I'm equally talented with a pen in my hand, I just lack the exposure

So yeah for me it is a gift, the chance to maybe get back something I lost months ago, because I'm damn sure I'm not going to get myself to Ashton Gate to try and find it

Sorry, I didn't mean to write we, I didn't mean to implicate myself directly for said reason, but I took the sarcasm in your post badly

My point was, people here whine about it being harder to get to the game, whine about how difficult it is, and rarely (i don't think i've seen a post) shown any joy at us getting a long overdue televised game

It's not being televised. It is the FIRST "Interweb only" FA Cup Tie. Good quiz question in years to come when EVERY single cup tie can be accessed from here.

Archived