IGNORED

Hallelujah

City1970

All 11 square pegs were put into their proper 11 square holes and look what happens !!

It appears Gary got it spot on, right up to the 83rd minute, by this time we are out of sight. This is the side and formation us moaners have been wishing for ages.

Lets all hope this team and formation is the one for Saturday, but don`t hold your breath.

All we need now is our talented younsters to come back from their loans and press hard for a starting place, to keep the team we had out last night on their toes.

For people who berate the so called moaners should understand, people want to see the best selected team in their eyes and play to their strengths, and last night was my best selected team and they played with width, pace, assured defending and most of all commitment. That is all us moaners ask for.

All 11 square pegs were put into their proper 11 square holes and look what happens !!

It appears Gary got it spot on, right up to the 83rd minute, by this time we are out of sight. This is the side and formation us moaners have been wishing for ages.

Lets all hope this team and formation is the one for Saturday, but don`t hold your breath.

All we need now is our talented younsters to come back from their loans and press hard for a starting place, to keep the team we had out last night on their toes.

For people who berate the so called moaners should understand, people want to see the best selected team in their eyes and play to their strengths, and last night was my best selected team and they played with width, pace, assured defending and most of all commitment. That is all us moaners ask for.

I don't get it !?

Yes, playing players in their correct positions make sense, and we've all been saying this for a while, but I can't understand how playing three up front gave us more width?

Admittedly I didn't go last night, but I've seen us play many a time with 3 up front but still not have players who are wide and who hug the touchline to use the maximum amount of width.

I agree that playing three up front allows the strikers to run the channels, but thats not wing play. You just end up with your striker in the corner when they should be in the middle on the end of a wingers cross.

The last couple of home games has been crying out for a really wide player(s) for the likes of Hartley to spread the ball out to, which we haven't been providing.

Still, I'm not grumbling, just saying how I see it :)

Great result last night, and by the sound of it, an equally good performance.

Sproule was in your best eleven?

You may doubt Sproule.

If you seen how Forest destroyed Leicester then you play them with width and pace. Sproule is our only speedy winger who can cause problems to defenders who cannot handle pace, just like Leicester.

So the answer to your question is yes.

I am also very pleased for the lad because he has only started 4 games and has had a torrid time recently. He deserves all our praise, and I mean everybody.

You may doubt Sproule.

If you seen how Forest destroyed Leicester then you play them with width and pace. Sproule is our only speedy winger who can cause problems to defenders who cannot handle pace, just like Leicester.

So the answer to your question is yes.

I am also very pleased for the lad because he has only started 4 games and has had a torrid time recently. He deserves all our praise, and I mean everybody.

Agreed. Really pleased for Ivan. Just seems everyone has come good these past few days including Trunds. Basso next ? :clapping:

For me, just having Evander Sno and Paul Hartley start in centre midfield is the great start I've been longing for. Cole Skuse is also a must start player and he's destined for greatness if he keeps improving. Ivan Sproule is an out and out attacker and I'll never forget the goals he's scored for us against Southampton - awesome pace with a fantastic end product. :winner_third_h4h:

For me, just having Evander Sno and Paul Hartley start in centre midfield is the great start I've been longing for. Cole Skuse is also a must start player and he's destined for greatness if he keeps improving. Ivan Sproule is an out and out attacker and I'll never forget the goals he's scored for us against Southampton - awesome pace with a fantastic end product. :winner_third_h4h:

Hear Hear that Man :fingerscrossed: (or is it Here Here)

Archived