IGNORED

Xmas Number One Shocker?

ChubStixx

Looks like the X-Factor single will be given a run for its money this year.... by Rage Against The Machine!!

There is a facebook group with over 500k members that has the aim of getting 'Killing in the name" to #1 in the UK chart.

Simon Cowell is not happy.

Here's the link... http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2228...;gid=2228594104

Perhaps this will encourage Cowell to stop giving his winners shitty whiney ass pop ballads to croon at teenage girls.

Some of the people who've come through that show are very talented and they all seem to vanish into a bland smash hits pop career with a 1 yr shelf life.

I bought five copies of rage :)

Perhaps this will encourage Cowell to stop giving his winners shitty whiney ass pop ballads to croon at teenage girls.

Some of the people who've come through that show are very talented and they all seem to vanish into a bland smash hits pop career with a 1 yr shelf life.

I bought five copies of rage :)

proper music wins through at last..would have liked to have seen greg lakes ''i believe in father christmas'' rereleased and put up against the x factor though,a proper xmas tune there..

proper music wins through at last..would have liked to have seen greg lakes ''i believe in father christmas'' rereleased and put up against the x factor though,a proper xmas tune there..

hardly "proper music" but I'm glad they got number one instead of X factor.... again

If this doesn't show we have reached saturation point with these talent shows i don't know what does. On the news story about this they showed the last 3 or 4 years winners who got the xmas no.1 and apart from Leona Lewis, who seems to have had some success and clearly is talented, ive no idea who the others were, what song they released or what they have done since. The British public may as well just have an annual whip round for Mr Cowell and save us the pain of yet another pretty boy with an average voice singing sicking songs winning a popularity contest.

You do indeed stand corrected.

Yours,

"Wise-after-the-event", Bristol.

OK, I admit it! :innocent06:

This is the first time I remember one of these groups achieving anything. Remember the campaign to get the re-release of One For The Bristol City into the charts? Tens of thousands joined on facebook, yet it barely got anywhere.

I will also freely admit to going along with it and buying it, even though I did feel slightly odd at protesting against the force feeding of a record by buying a record that someone else told you to buy. It would have been a much much bigger victory if the public were told to go and buy something they personally liked and some random record got to number one.

I much preferred Tim Minchin's White Wine In The Sun this year. Look it up on YouTube if you haven't heard it yet.

Archived