IGNORED

Giles Barnes

DaveF

The 21-year-old has seen his promising career blighted by injury with an Achilles problem preventing him from featuring this season.

Barnes made just five appearances in the previous campaign and saw a January loan move to Fulham prove fruitless as he never made it onto the field for the Cottagers due to concerns over his Achilles.

This is the killer injury, it robs a player of any pace. Can't see us being remotely interested.

Definitely would be worth getting him down here and getting our medical staff to have a look at him. Nyatanga being here would be a plus in our corner. Gavin Williams had a lot of problems prior to joining us so it shows GJ will take a gamble if he feels it will work out.

This lad was/is a huge talent, ok....he may well have his problems, but surely a 6 month contract taking him up to the end of the season is worth a look?

If he was a racehorse he would have been shot.

As has been mentioned: Steve Brooker. His injuries were so frustrating because he was such a good player. Why choose to walk into that situation again?

If he was a racehorse he would have been shot.

As has been mentioned: Steve Brooker. His injuries were so frustrating because he was such a good player. Why choose to walk into that situation again?

because Steve Brooker had something like a 2/3 year contract?

The kid is in his early 20's. Plenty of other players have had extremely bad injuries and managed to bounce back, Roy Keane, Michael Owen, Alan Shearer etc. There is no harm in at least taking a look at the lad is there?

As for Brooker, has he retired yet?

Been released by Derby and would provide a genuine winger to our squad, what does everyone think??

Had the potential to be a good player a few years back but has disappeared off the scene recently. I thought I read somewhere he had signed for Fulham (about a year ago!) but obviously not.

I'd be interested to know why he's been released (injury?, attitude?, not good enough?), but I would think we're above signing Derby Count cast-offs by now.

Archived