IGNORED

Ribeiro's Loan Coming To An End

always hoping

Heard that Ribs was given MOM for his performance today agiainst Charlton.

Having played the full 90 minutes in the last 4 games, has given him a great oppportunity to gain 1st team experience and Fitness. Loan has worked out well for him. Sure ihe s looking forward to coming back and trying his best to impress GJ over the Christmas period.

He has come from the Academy so no chance of getting near the first team! Cynical, but probably accurate.

Hard to believe it's as black & white as that.

If the club does not want to use Ribs this season. Best option would be to let him go back out on loan until such time that the club wants to use him or sell him.

Or as Garry has said in the past, he does not trust them to be men until they have 60 first team appearances behind them. :fingerscrossed:

He really said that?

That's an incredible statement to make. It can't be true.

Can you imagine any Academy player ever making his debut for Johnson if that was the criteria? A couple of loan stints perhaps but 60 games would take ages to complete.

Anyway, players will develop at different ages, we possibly could have missed the boat with some of our academy players when they should have been getting games, others may need to be blooded later, but to say all will have to complete X amount of games is staggering.

Apart from Ribiero, what ever happened to Artus ?

He was loaned out to Cheltenham but has not been in their squad for 2 months. He is not listed as injured on the main site's bans/injuries page.

Has anyone heard anything ?

Not sure what happened to FA at Cheltenham, but he was in the toilets after the game yesterday so obviously back at the club! Must have sat in with the City fans. He had a good loan spell at Cheltenham last season, but don't think he quite recaptured that form going into this second loan spell. How long left does he have on his contract? It's looking pretty likely City will opt not to renew his deal, this time. A shame, but could easily drop down the leagues & progress up again - just like Ryan Harley has done.

Ribs was sent out on loan at the wrong time with Orr being injured and i cant see him getting into the side with Orr being fit again so i would imagine he will go on loan for another month, i haven't seen ribs play so i cant really comment if he should have had a chance yet but i think Brad is a very good championship fullback (not wingback) so it was always going to be hard for Ribs to break into the team but surely he should have had his chance rather than playing Skuse there,

I thought he had a Ankle injury ?

Yes, about 3 months ago, since then nothing !

He's a contracted squad player who has dropped out of sight. This is where this forum and the main site have changed. Both used to be full of player and match information, now its a void or a cat fight. Is there anyone out there who knows where our 21 year old future star has gone ???

Or as Garry has said in the past, he does not trust them to be men until they have 60 first team appearances behind them. :fingerscrossed:

So if Adam Matthews had graduated from our Academy rather than Cardiff's he would be getting rave reviews for Accrington Stanley or Cheltenham Town at the moment rather than being on the verge of a move to Manchester United or some other Premier League side and sorting a huge chunk of Cardiff's money problems in the process.

So if Adam Matthews had graduated from our Academy rather than Cardiff's he would be getting rave reviews for Accrington Stanley or Cheltenham Town at the moment rather than being on the verge of a move to Manchester United or some other Premier League side and sorting a huge chunk of Cardiff's money problems in the process.

Read what GJ (apparently) said again. He trusts them to be men after 60 senior appearances.

60 in total, not 60 on loan. 60 including out on loan, and at City.

Has everyone forgotten that Ribs got injured whilst playing for City last season? If he was good enough then, then I'm sure he will be good enough some time soon. Ribs has missed all of last season, now has a month under his belt at Stockport. I think that's a good move for the lad himself, and for City.

No wonder GJ has disappeared from view if everything he says gets twisted to suit everyone's personal agenda.

Yes, about 3 months ago, since then nothing !

He's a contracted squad player who has dropped out of sight. This is where this forum and the main site have changed. Both used to be full of player and match information, now its a void or a cat fight. Is there anyone out there who knows where our 21 year old future star has gone ???

I might have imagined it but I was fairly certain he was given a new contract when he came back from Cheltenham last season. Or atleast GJ deffinetely suggested it or implied it in an interview.

As a few others have said i doubt very much he said those exact words.

Obviously in Johnsons eyes none of the academy graduates have been good enough over the past few years to warrant a sustained run in the first team. Personally i think given a youth player a break is ALL about taking that gamble, i dont think GJ is willing to take a gamble on any of them which is a shame.

Read what GJ (apparently) said again. He trusts them to be men after 60 senior appearances.

60 in total, not 60 on loan. 60 including out on loan, and at City.

Has everyone forgotten that Ribs got injured whilst playing for City last season? If he was good enough then, then I'm sure he will be good enough some time soon. Ribs has missed all of last season, now has a month under his belt at Stockport. I think that's a good move for the lad himself, and for City.

No wonder GJ has disappeared from view if everything he says gets twisted to suit everyone's personal agenda.

I haven't got a personal agenda but I do wonder, with more than a touch of justification I might add, whether the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Jo Ledley and Adam Matthews would have been given debut's at 17/18 years of age by Gary Johnson had they been produced by our Academy?

I haven't got a personal agenda but I do wonder, with more than a touch of justification I might add, whether the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Jo Ledley and Adam Matthews would have been given debut's at 17/18 years of age by Gary Johnson had they been produced by our Academy?

Almost certainly not. And the key words here are "our Academy" not "Gary Johnson".

"Our academy" just doesn't produce enough quality.

Almost certainly not. And the key words here are "our Academy" not "Gary Johnson".

"Our academy" just doesn't produce enough quality.

Not that old chestnut?!! The interesting thing is that the Bristol City Academy seems able to compete with everyone else at all the younger age levels. The problems seem to set in around the Under 16 age onwards and we are simply not producing enough individual players. Are Bristol City concentrating too much on "teams" whereas perhaps Cardiff are more interested in "individual players"? In the cold light of day, why shouldn't Bristol City be able to compete with Cardiff City in terms of producing quality young footballers? It just doesn't make sense.

Not that old chestnut?!! The interesting thing is that the Bristol City Academy seems able to compete with everyone else at all the younger age levels. The problems seem to set in around the Under 16 age onwards and we are simply not producing enough individual players. Are Bristol City concentrating too much on "teams" whereas perhaps Cardiff are more interested in "individual players"? In the cold light of day, why shouldn't Bristol City be able to compete with Cardiff City in terms of producing quality young footballers? It just doesn't make sense.

i think its from 18plus we seem to struggle dont no why though coaching etc who knows

Sorry Greebo - I didn't mean you personally there!

Good point on Ramsey, Ledley and Matthews - but the key question for me is do we anyone in our academy who even comes close to the standard of these players? They are exceptional talents!

Archived