IGNORED

Atyeo Statue Update

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

If you're still struggling with ideas for Xmas presents and have been toying with the idea of buying someone the unique, long-lasting gift that is a space for their name on the Atyeo statue plinth, but thought you'd now probably left it too late, here's some good news!

Anyone booking a space by 12 noon on Friday will be able to collect the certificate (here's an example) to give to the lucky recipient, confirming the space reservation, at Ashton Gate on Saturday - so no need to worry about it not arriving in time through the post!

For all bookings made by that time we can - if you wish - leave the certificate for collection from the main club reception (at the back of the Williams) between 1.30 and 3pm on Saturday.

Fans who have already booked include people reserving a space for themselves, but also for partners, fathers and kids. One or two have been reserved in memory of much missed fans and at least one other has been booked for a fan yet to be born!

So, whether you want to book a space for yourself or as a Christmas present for someone else, if you do so by Friday lunchtime, you can pick up your certificate (protected in a card-backed A4 envelope) before the game on Saturday.

For more details and to book click here: Atyeo statue names - book now, collect certificate on Saturday

• SC&T Board Members
Shouldn't we be waiting for the first digger to move in first before we start giving our money to another scheme. Buy a brick has put me off this one so far.

Bearing in mind what happened with that scheme run by the club, we've planned in advance for several ifs and buts and explain the various scenarios here: Atyeo Statue FAQs

If you wait for the first digger to start work, it will not be possible to spread payments over a 20-month period, as we'd need to be commissioning - and no doubt making a downpayment on - the statue sooner than 20 months later to get it finished and up in time for the stadium opening. At present, we therefore expect May 2010 to be last date that a 20-month instalment plan can start - at least at the £5 a month level. That's so that we're all done by December 2011, with the statue then being created in the early months of 2012 and erected that summer.

Have faith like the 61 others so far, who have helped to take us to around a third of the anticipated total we need to raise.

And don't forget, you can get free Trust membership into the bargain too, which helps to strengthen the fans' voice in dealings with the club.

Make your mark for eternity

• Admin
And don't forget, you can get free Trust membership into the bargain too, which helps to strengthen the fans' voice in dealings with the club.

. . just to raise the question, if I was to pay up for this scheme, do I cancel my existing membership as I would then get this for free ?

All a bit anal I know, but looking on the ST link it mentions membership cards, mine ran out during the summer and no sign of an update ???

• SC&T Board Members
. . just to raise the question, if I was to pay up for this scheme, do I cancel my existing membership as I would then get this for free ?

All a bit anal I know, but looking on the ST link it mentions membership cards, mine ran out during the summer and no sign of an update ???

Hi Phantom,

Good question. As an exisitng ST member you have 3 options, depending on your level of membership. If you're a Gold member, i.e. paying £5 a month, all you have to do is commit to remaining so for 20 months and you get your name on the plinth (and in the accompanying book with a 20-word message) at no extra cost. If you're a Silver (£2.50 a month) or Red (£1) member, you can upgrade to Gold. Full details here.

If you're not sure what level of membership you have, PM with your name and I'll check our records.

As regards the membership card, don't worry - we're getting some new ones done and until they're sorted, the old ones are still valid.

• SC&T Board Members
Ok, you've finally got me to renew my membership!! When does the statue of me go up???

Cheers Nik ... and Alexander, if you're reading!

The statue of you, err, I mean of John Atyeo, is planned to go up in the summer of 2012.

Keep them coming!

• SC&T Board Members
Many Thanks 'BR' for the reply, will PM you

As per PM, you're now on the list!

Any other Gold members who have not yet signed up to get their name on the plinth: that's all you have to do - let us know and remain a Gold member for at least a further 20 months. E-mail atyeostatue@bristolcityst.org.uk or just PM me.

If you're a Red or Silver member, you can upgrade here.

And if you're not a member yet, but fancy your name on the plinth you can get that sorted here.

And if you want to buy this as a present (as one lucky father and son will be getting following one particular booking earlier today), we'll make sure you get the certificate for the recipient in time for Christmas. All you have to do, is book here. (And remember, it's a present you can give now, while spreading the cost on a month-by-month basis).

Archived