IGNORED

New Home Park

Phileas Fogg

Have they had the nod from the FA to get these plans sorted/out in the open before wednesdays decision?.

I am really worried now about Bristol's bid and our proposed new stadium and if we don't get it the only people to blame are North Somerset Council, the NIMBYs and the BCFC supporters that are against moving (you know who you are).

Wednesdays decision is bigger than just the world cup IMO, it is the future of Bristol City Football Club.

BCAGFC

This is the first plans they have released for the ground, some 2 days before the descision. Again it's a token gesture in the hope that they get picked. Ok so some of our planning is in the balance but we have produced full scale plans, got permission to actually build the stadium and most of the finance is in place.. Plymouth have knocked up some nice visuals but no real guide on how its funded or whether or not it would get planning permission (remember HP is in the middle of a park..).

I'm not worried about the Plymouth bid, its pretty pie in the sky. The bid that concerns me is MK on the basis the whole city has got behind it and they already have the stadium in place.

Someone on there reckons that GB might not get the World cup and if we do it's more likely that Cardiff will be a host City than Bristol/Plymuff. :noexpression: Wonder if he is a councilor.

How could Cardiff be a host city when they've not submitted a proposal to be one? It would have to be the Millenium Stadium because Cardiff's can't go much more than 8'000 extra seats without serious complications.

How could Cardiff be a host city when they've not submitted a proposal to be one? It would have to be the Millenium Stadium because Cardiff's can't go much more than 8'000 extra seats without serious complications.

Such scenarios are disallowed by the fact that the bid is from the England FA, not a joint England-Wales effort.

In terms of supporter numbers: If they're looking at catchment areas and the distance from other teams, then they will like to think they have the whole of Cornwall and half of Devon.

Bristol is a much, much nicer city than Plymouth... Hopefully the decision makers weren't only shown the Hoe and bribed with Rum during their Plym tour!!!

I actually like there plans, shame that Plymouth is a proper hole.

Oi I live here!!! Maybe the bit between the railway station and ground is but trust me there are some very very nice places around here. Not that you are but if anyone dismisses there bid I think they are being a little short sighted.

This is the first plans they have released for the ground, some 2 days before the descision. Again it's a token gesture in the hope that they get picked. Ok so some of our planning is in the balance but we have produced full scale plans, got permission to actually build the stadium and most of the finance is in place.. Plymouth have knocked up some nice visuals but no real guide on how its funded or whether or not it would get planning permission (remember HP is in the middle of a park..).

I'm not worried about the Plymouth bid, its pretty pie in the sky. The bid that concerns me is MK on the basis the whole city has got behind it and they already have the stadium in place.

knocked up some nice visuals, it's a bit more than that to be fair.

Will be interesting to see how they implement phase one, At the moment all the press, Changing rooms, TV Cameras and hospitality they have is in the old run down stand with none of teh other 3 stands having nothing but seats. I would imagine it will cost them a lot to relocate these vital facilities during construction.

They are saying it will cost them 50 million why don't they just build a stadium from scratch if they are going to spend taht sort of money. I think I heard ours is going to come in at around 92 million. I'm sure that 50 million will go up in price as it always does with stadiums and will probs be nearer 65-70 million, When you consider the lost income plus eventually they will end up with a stadium taht is in a unsuitable and cramped location I really think it would be best if they did build from scratch.

Plymouth Argyle have a 'massive' fan base......much bigger than ours IMO.

If they ever reached the Premier League (unlikely I know) they would easily sell out 30,000 (we would struggle), they have fans all over Devon & Cornwall.....that is a massive area and when they were doing well, they were easily getting 20,000 in this division.

bCAGFC

If they ever reached the Premier League (unlikely I know) they would easily sell out 30,000 (we would struggle), they have fans all over Devon & Cornwall.....that is a massive area and when they were doing well, they were easily getting 20,000 in this division.

bCAGFC

I dont believe for a second there fanbase is much bigger than ours.. When we were doing well we were ''easily'' getting 19k in this division aswell.

I very much doubt they would have taken 38,000 to wembley either. Bearing in mind Devon and Cornwall are mainly Rugby areas, even thou they are big countys with a big combined population, the passion for football down there has never been very big.

I dont believe for a second there fanbase is much bigger than ours.. When we were doing well we were ''easily'' getting 19k in this division aswell.

I very much doubt they would have taken 38,000 to wembley either. Bearing in mind Devon and Cornwall are mainly Rugby areas, even thou they are big countys with a big combined population, the passion for football down there has never been very big.

Have you been to Plymouth when they were doing well years ago?, they had a huge fan base then, you only had to be at Plymouth station after a game and see the 1000s of fans getting on trains to Truro, Penzance, Newquay etc etc.

Go to Temple Meads and you will see a handful of City fans at most....

BCAGFC

Have you been to Plymouth when they were doing well years ago?, they had a huge fan base then, you only had to be at Plymouth station after a game and see the 1000s of fans getting on trains to Truro, Penzance, Newquay etc etc.

BCAGFC

I can remember going there as a kid in the home end before they had there makeover listening to "Green army" for what seemed like hours on end with the stadium regularly packed out - that was when city and Plymouth were last in this division together I think.

bCAGFC

Don't think their fan base is necesarily bigger than ours; Devon and Cornwall are not very densely populated. Anyway, the main problem they would have for a world cup bid is not the stadium or the relative position of the football team, its how much of a pain in the backside it is to get there!!! There's no motorway for about the last 50 miles!!!

BCAGFC

When did this happen? Because when we have been in the same Division over the past 30 years and in a similar league position we have always had the better crowds as far as I can make out.

BCAGFC

You cant say their fan base is bigger than ours because there train station is more full after a game :rofl2br:

there are many things to take into account about a full station, maybe its because their station is about a mile closer to their ground than templemeads is to AG. Maybe its because going by train to the ground is much easier for their home fans then it is for ours.

They have 7000 season ticket holders. says it all really.

And as someone has pointed out, when we were doing well we were getting 19000 plus easy.

I remember going to a Plymouth v Leeds game in their second Championship season. The attendance was around the 18k mark- their next home game was against Luton and 9k turned up. Says it all really.

Our catchment area is much bigger than Plymouths, including a City 2-3 times the size and there are as many people living in the 25 miles between Yate and Weston than in 100 miles around Plymouth.

Archived