IGNORED

Akinde

redrebel

Am I alone in thinking Big John should be back in the squad at Ashton Gate.He offers something different and would surely as he has done in the past have an impact coming on as a sub.Plus he would be getting experience with the first team.To me with the team performing as it is at the moment surely players like Akinde and Ribeiro should be back with us.

Am I alone in thinking Big John should be back in the squad at Ashton Gate.He offers something different and would surely as he has done in the past have an impact coming on as a sub.Plus he would be getting experience with the first team.To me with the team performing as it is at the moment surely players like Akinde and Ribeiro should be back with us.

No not alone - think he should be in and around the time - a good tall option for end of the game

Yeah, we're doing really badly right now, aren't we?

Yeah, we're doing really badly right now, aren't we?

Look woodsy, these youngsters are playing well at a high level. If they can play for sides in the relegation zone of league one, the top half of the championship should be easy for them.

We're doing fine but it would be nice to see some of the younger players getting a chance with some sub appearances and the odd start when injury dictates.

Wouldn't disagree with you on that, Ribs in particular I'd like to see given a run next time Brad is injured / suspended. But Akinde, is he better than Clarkson and / or Saborio? Right now I'd say not. Much better for him to be playing elsewhere, gaining experience and getting physically stronger.

Totally agree with the poster. Why send Akinde out to get games so he is match fit, then say he is 5th choice striker so when he comes back fit he is not chosen anyway. he plays some more reserve games and then he goes out on loan againhis will be his season, yet when he has played in the first team he has done very well. He is certainly not behind Saborio or Clarkson. How can he be? Clarkson is not playing, like Akinde and Saborio is not performing. He has to at least, be in line with those 2 and only behind Maynard and Haynes for a place up front

Totally agree with the poster. Why send Akinde out to get games so he is match fit, then say he is 5th choice striker so when he comes back fit he is not chosen anyway. he plays some more reserve games and then he goes out on loan againhis will be his season, yet when he has played in the first team he has done very well. He is certainly not behind Saborio or Clarkson. How can he be? Clarkson is not playing, like Akinde and Saborio is not performing. He has to at least, be in line with those 2 and only behind Maynard and Haynes for a place up front

Do you really think Akinde is in front of two international strikers?

It matters not whether they are international strikers, they are not our first choice and that is all that matters. In any event, international or not, Costa Rica and Scotland hardly have a large pool of quality players to choose from and they hardly set the international world alight do they?!

Akinde deserves a chance. Age is irrelevant. So is his past. We bought him because his goalscoring record was nothing short of pheonominal, albeit it many leagues lower. Let him have his chance to do it at this level. He might just surprise you

Do you really think Akinde is in front of two international strikers?

Sab is only here on loan, Clarkson could well be on his bike soon if he continually gets ignored; anyway Akinde was brought here for what reason exactly if not to play for us, even if in the reserves or on the bench.

Loaned out players hardly ever come back i.m.o. it means we dont want them.

It matters not whether they are international strikers, they are not our first choice and that is all that matters. In any event, international or not, Costa Rica and Scotland hardly have a large pool of quality players to choose from and they hardly set the international world alight do they?!

Akinde deserves a chance. Age is irrelevant. So is his past. We bought him because his goalscoring record was nothing short of pheonominal, albeit it many leagues lower. Let him have his chance to do it at this level. He might just surprise you

Costa Rica aren't bad....... :englandsmile4wf:

Sab is only here on loan, Clarkson could well be on his bike soon if he continually gets ignored; anyway Akinde was brought here for what reason exactly if not to play for us, even if in the reserves or on the bench.

That's quite right, loaned out players rarely figure long term and invariably get sold or shelved. If I was Akinde I would already be asking why I am not being selected for the bench or the team given my goalscoring record which I have not yet had a chance to repeat in the CCC AND given our forwards general inability to score goals.

I said in another post that Stern John, and Lee Trundle, for example, scored plenty of goals before coming to City and then were deemed flops! Bizarre that

The future perhaps? Scoring a lot of goals for Ebbsfleet is a little different from scoring a lot of goals for Bristol City.

Has he scored for Wycombe yet? IF he comes back, goes straight up front and doesn't score then people will be on here slating GJ for putting a 'young un' in instead of Clarkson, Saborio etc.

Actually, I hope GJ is reading this and puts a team on 21 year olds out on Saturday. Why the **** not? Might just shut a few people up on here.

That's quite right, loaned out players rarely figure long term and invariably get sold or shelved. If I was Akinde I would already be asking why I am not being selected for the bench or the team given my goalscoring record which I have not yet had a chance to repeat in the CCC AND given our forwards general inability to score goals.

I said in another post that Stern John, and Lee Trundle, for example, scored plenty of goals before coming to City and then were deemed flops! Bizarre that

Please don't tell me you thought John done a good job for us?

Please don't tell me you thought John done a good job for us?

No I don't. The point I was making was that before he came here, like Trundle, he scored goals yet when here neither of them did. Maynard has done okay this season, but last season was hardly spectacular was he?!

Give Akinde a chance. He has the pace, strength, touch and ability to perform in the Championship. Put him up front alongside Maynard with Haynes on the wing

No I don't. The point I was making was that before he came here, like Trundle, he scored goals yet when here neither of them did. Maynard has done okay this season, but last season was hardly spectacular was he?!

Give Akinde a chance. He has the pace, strength, touch and ability to perform in the Championship. Put him up front alongside Maynard with Haynes on the wing

I don't disagree with giving Akinde a go, but if I was GJ I'd be looking for Clarkson to be the next one to get a chance. Not sure what Saborio adds to the options up front, other than experience, another Trundle/Styvar/John (the list goes on!), so I'd be more than happy with Maynard & Clarkson up top, Haynes scaring the crap out of people coming in from the right and Akinde coming on to expose tiring legs in the last 15 / 20 mins.

But while this isn't happening then best for Akinde to do time on loan. Much better for his fitness than playing for the reserves.

I don't disagree with giving Akinde a go, but if I was GJ I'd be looking for Clarkson to be the next one to get a chance. Not sure what Saborio adds to the options up front, other than experience, another Trundle/Styvar/John (the list goes on!), so I'd be more than happy with Maynard & Clarkson up top, Haynes scaring the crap out of people coming in from the right and Akinde coming on to expose tiring legs in the last 15 / 20 mins.

But while this isn't happening then best for Akinde to do time on loan. Much better for his fitness than playing for the reserves.

Well I can't disagree with that. Let's hope in January he is back with us and in the playing squad

The future perhaps? Scoring a lot of goals for Ebbsfleet is a little different from scoring a lot of goals for Bristol City.

Has he scored for Wycombe yet? IF he comes back, goes straight up front and doesn't score then people will be on here slating GJ for putting a 'young un' in instead of Clarkson, Saborio etc.

Actually, I hope GJ is reading this and puts a team on 21 year olds out on Saturday. Why the **** not? Might just shut a few people up on here.

:disapointed2se: You are right why dont we all shut up and not have any opinions at all; unless they are all the same and agree with those that know better of course.

:disapointed2se: You are right why dont we all shut up and not have any opinions at all; unless they are all the same and agree with those that know better of course.

You are more than entitled to your opinion. Just because I think it's a crock of s*it, it doesn't make it any less valid.

And at no point have I said that I know better than you, or anyone else on here, however I think GJ knows a lot better than all of us. So maybe you should quit your bitching and support the bloke.

Note to self - attack the post, not the poster. Why is that soooo hard sometimes?

Look woodsy, these youngsters are playing well at a high level. If they can play for sides in the relegation zone of league one, the top half of the championship should be easy for them.

No game of football is going to be easy for any of our youngsters at any level as they make their way in the game. However, it is justified to question whether any of our younger players should be given a shot when we pick up injuries.

In my opinion Ribiero should have covered for Orr a few weeks back, instead of going out on loan, in the way that Adam Matthews covered for Cardiff's injured right back earlier in the season - Matthews then proceeded to play so well that he has kept his place ever since and has Premier League clubs sniffing round.

Had Dave Jones gone down the "Matthews has only played Academy football so won't cope with Fizzy Pop football" route, which you appear to advocate, then a very good right back would be scratching his backside playing at some Academy training ground this weekend instead of putting on a Cardiff City first team shirt.

On the other hand, Akinde is so far down the pecking order that a loan deal is a good option right now. He has certainly not let us down when he has made fleeting appearances for us and I would hope that he comes back to us in the new year and that we see the lad in first team action in some form.

Couldn't be bothered to read all the replys, but when Akinde came on against boro at home he looked class. big and physical and was causing handfulls of problems. Just think we could do with that right now. If i was GJ, he would be on the bench saturday. But thats just my opinion ofcourse.

Have difficulty understanding your point about loans to teams in the bottom at the bottom of the table. It doesn't matter which team the lads play for in division 1. Each week they have to perform against the opposition. These include the top sides, some of which would give some of the Championship sides a good game.

City does not allow its loanees to go to other Chamionship teams, so the only option to the lads is to learn their trade in division 1 /2 . To then hold your view that Divsion 1 is not good enough to help a player become an option for selection for city, seems to make any loans pointless.

Have difficulty understanding your point about loans to teams in the bottom at the bottom of the table. It doesn't matter which team the lads play for in division 1. Each week they have to perform against the opposition. These include the top sides, some of which would give some of the Championship sides a good game.

City does not allow its loanees to go to other Chamionship teams, so the only option to the lads is to learn their trade in division 1 /2 . To then hold your view that Divsion 1 is not good enough to help a player become an option for selection for city, seems to make any loans pointless.

Trundle

I would love to see Akinde back in the squad. With the extra numbers of subs this year think it is a damn shame that the big man is not on the bench, we dont have any other players like him and I think it is a mistake of the management to leave him at Wycombe.

I would rather he was training with our higher class of players during the week instead of the lower quality at Wycombe.

I think the argument is he offers a physical prescence up front that we simply do not have.For example the armchair ride that Morgan got for Sheffield United against our strikers.Also I never ceased to be amazed at how from someone posting about Akinde being back in the sqaud we get to why don't we play a team of 21 year olds.Well the reason we don't is Gary Johnson totally ignores the academy players and gives them no chance of getting near the first team.We are spending £1 million a year for an Academy we never make use of.

Archived