IGNORED

Elliott

1tib

I see in other posts that Elliott is not their first choice player anymore

I agree his standard is not as good as the last two seasons

The division has not changed, its still the same division he played in the last two years and was quality

Do you think it was the 3 million price tag that was put on him, or is it just confidence?

I wish I could watch the displays he has shown us in the past two seasons again

I don't think the midfield should be messed around with, as GJ is doing IMO

I think he needs a good run in the team in his best position to get him back to the old Elliott again

The midfield is the work horse of any team, and I don't think it should be messed around with. The team needs stability

Yes we need other options. But lets play our own game from the start with our best formation and quality

What do you think the reason is?

Injuries have taken their toll, he's not been the same player since the injury he picked up at Plymouth last year. It hasn't helped him being played out of position on the right of the midfield three. I think he operates best in a 2 man midfield as he did in our first season in the CCC, but our squad is now so top heavy with CMs (and no wingers) then GJ has no choice but to play 3 in midfield.

On current form I think most would agree that Skuse, Hartley & Sno are all ahead of Marv at this moment in time.

Injuries have taken their toll, he's not been the same player since the injury he picked up at Plymouth last year. It hasn't helped him being played out of position on the right of the midfield three. I think he operates best in a 2 man midfield as he did in our first season in the CCC, but our squad is now so top heavy with CMs (and no wingers) then GJ has no choice but to play 3 in midfield.

On current form I think most would agree that Skuse, Hartley & Sno are all ahead of Marv at this moment in time.

I'm worried he may leave on the cheap if he is not played

And that would be a back step for the club if he did! :fingerscrossed:

I see in other posts that Elliott is not their first choice player anymore

I agree his standard is not as good as the last two seasons

The division has not changed, its still the same division he played in the last two years and was quality

Do you think it was the 3 million price tag that was put on him, or is it just confidence?

I wish I could watch the displays he has shown us in the past two seasons again

I don't think the midfield should be messed around with, as GJ is doing IMO

I think he needs a good run in the team in his best position to get him back to the old Elliott again

The midfield is the work horse of any team, and I don't think it should be messed around with. The team needs stability

Yes we need other options. But lets play our own game from the start with our best formation and quality

What do you think the reason is?

In my opinion it's the five man midfield. Elliotts biggest asset is his working rate defensively. He is well capable of doing a two man shift like in his first season but with a five man midfield he is not "asked" to and he is fading. Play Hartley and Elliott central. A fifth wheel under the wagon is not necessary.

Dean Ashton the second? Hope not!

He just needs time to regain form, 1 or 2 games should do it, but full games in a fixed formation.

I dont think its a question of formation he just seems to have lost pace which is probably due to his injuries over the last two years.

He's definitely lost his energy, pace, and drive. Perhaps he preferred to be the main man in midfield and steps off of the pace when he realises others have come into the fold and pushed him out of the limelight? I must admit that at each game I do wonder if we are going to see him explode back to his best, but when will this happen?

Maybe he should be pushed a bit further forward into a more attacking role, linking up a bit more with the front 2.

Formation not helping, nor Sno being here, nor injuries.

He was awesome playing in a 442 with LJ, imagine if we went back to that but this time Hartely took LJ's spot alongside him.

That would be awesome. Obviously needs a left winger though

I really think that when we signed Sno we have brought him in as he was great quality, even though we didnt really need him.

We would have been well set with a midfield two of Hartley and Eliiot, with LJ and Skuse covering respective roles

Formation not helping, nor Sno being here, nor injuries.

He was awesome playing in a 442 with LJ, imagine if we went back to that but this time Hartely took LJ's spot alongside him.

That would be awesome. Obviously needs a left winger though

I really think that when we signed Sno we have brought him in as he was great quality, even though we didnt really need him.

We would have been well set with a midfield two of Hartley and Eliiot, with LJ and Skuse covering respective roles

i dnt think he was playing that well b4 sno arrived are best form last season was minus marv

Archived