IGNORED

If You Were The Chairman?

bcfcmike

If you were the Chairman??  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Easy question really?? I must honest when the results started going wrong and some fans were calling GJ's head, i thought to myself "christ give him chance" But i am starting to wonder if perhaps he is struggling now??

Debate??

If i was the Chairman, i would question why the manager has built the most expensive and unbalanced squad in our recent history. Especially with my money!

Easy question really?? I must honest when the results started going wrong and some fans were calling GJ's head, i thought to myself "christ give him chance" But i am starting to wonder if perhaps he is struggling now??

Debate??

Gary on world looks like a dejected man,he sounds dejected,the fans do not like what is being put before them,the worrying thing is ST holders certainly in the Dolman block aint happy people at the moment the standard of football is very very concerning.Many many are saying if it continues they will not be renewing their seats next season.

That has got to be a worry for SL,the fans are the backbone of the club.

It sadly is going the John Ward, and Brian Tinnion way im afraid. "running out of ideas"

I would ask if he is getting completely tacticly outdone most weeks by the oppo manager? Or whether he has taken us as far as he can?.

I hope he hasnt, but the evidence is starting to stack up.

I've seen this situation many times during all my years of following the team as have many others. Unfortunately GJ has reached his peak with this club.

Gary on world looks like a dejected man,he sounds dejected,the fans do not like what is being put before them,the worrying thing is ST holders certainly in the Dolman block aint happy people at the moment the standard of football is very very concerning.Many many are saying if it continues they will not be renewing their seats next season.

It sadly is going the John Ward, and Brian Tinnion way im afraid. "running out of ideas"

"Run out" I'm afraid.

Luckily Lansdown has a more level head than many other chairmen and dare I say, some fans on here, who would have got rid already!

I think he deserves a little more time, even though I'm beginning to lose faith in what he is trying to do. This January window will be a big one for us- get some wingers in and start playing in a more positive manner and we might start to turn it around.

I think a lot of people are bored of hearing GJ say the same things like 'we will work hard to turn it around etc'. This is pretty much what Tinnion said when he was struggling.

See my thread on 1/2 season tickets, thats exactly what I'm saying. Mr Lansdowne will soon start to look at his investment. A City the size of Bristol needs an entertaining brand of football to be played, none of us expect to winn all the time playing exciting attacking football for 90 mins, but please just give us a glimmer

Im sorry to say this but I fell its time GJ moves on he has taken the club as far as he can IMO its time to freshen things up and the only way that can happen is a new management team with fresh ideas. I would love to see somebody like an Alan Curbishley or a Steve Coppell 2 managers who have been there and done it in this divsion before.

Luckily Lansdown has a more level head than many other chairmen and dare I say, some fans on here, who would have got rid already!

I think he deserves a little more time, even though I'm beginning to lose faith in what he is trying to do. This January window will be a big one for us- get some wingers in and start playing in a more positive manner and we might start to turn it around.

I think a lot of people are bored of hearing GJ say the same things like 'we will work hard to turn it around etc'. This is pretty much what Tinnion said when he was struggling.

Can you please explain what he is 'trying to do'? 'Coz I don't know and I'm not sure he does.

I think a lot of people need a big reality check as to the sort of names that would be interested, Mark Hughes, Alan Curbishley or Coppell? No chance.

If the likes of Steve Cotterill floats your boat then vote for change now.

I'd like to see where we are in May before we make a big decision but GJ certainly needs to add a couple of natural wingers in January for me.

I think a lot of people need a big reality check as to the sort of names that would be interested, Mark Hughes, Alan Curbishley or Coppell? No chance.

I'd like to see where we are in May before we make a big decision but GJ certainly needs to add a couple of natural wingers in January for me.

You will note that my mentioning of Mark Hughes was followed by an exclamation mark.

I reckon Coppell and Curbishley would walk to Bristol to be given the chance of a job here. Hughes, obviously was a tongue in cheek comment, but the others have not exactly been besieged by job offers, have they?

graham,I think you are under estimating the job,we have a excellent chairman,new stadium coming and Bristol City is ready to be taken on to a higher level.The chairman wants it.There will be many good manager that would like the job.

If i was the Chairman, i would question why the manager has built the most expensive and unbalanced squad in our recent history. Especially with my money!

ON Dec 6th i posted this :-

It gives me no pleasure to say i told you so, but a month has passed and what has changed.

I posted a number of weeks ago regarding the fact I have NOT been entertained for some time.

I also pointed out that our gates were likely to drop do to the uninspiring games being served up at home.

I realise we are close to X-mas but the gate is quoted as being 14287, given that Ipswich probably brought 1500. This gives local supporters as being

I would have thought the vast majority of City fans were Season Ticket Supporters.

Will Steve Lansdown be HAPPY WITH THAT?

What I would fear the most is that Millen would be given the job. Asistant managers promoted never do well.

I like what Mark Robins did at Rotherham and what he is doing at Barnsley but doubt we would get him considering hes only been there for a short while.

I think we need someone that has been there or done it or someone young with fresh new ideas and who is willing to give youth a chance like Darren Ferguson.

I'd say "Here's the thing Gary - we've backed you massively financially and it isn't right at the moment. Convince me that you know why and have a plan to fix it and I'll back you again in January but we MUST be in the hunt when we're overspending by £6m".

Agree entirely Nibor. If I was Steve i'd want proper honest answers, not the same tired excuses that get churned out week after week in the press. If GJ can't own up to his shortcomings in the sanctity of the chairmans office then I'd think he really can take us no further.

Archived