IGNORED

Millen Must Share The Blame

myol'man

not as assistant manager, where his role appears to be not much more than GJ's nodding dog,

but in the job of defensive coach, Keith Millen must have some responsibilities for organising the back line?

Conceding late goals has become a major feature of this season, which , if it carry's on will put paid to any hopes of a top 6 finish. Millens 3 centre backs don't appear to know what they are doing, spreading panic throughout the team late on.

:disapointed2se:

not as assistant manager, where his role appears to be not much more than GJ's nodding dog,

but in the job of defensive coach, Keith Millen must have some responsibilities for organising the back line?

Conceding late goals has become a major feature of this season, which , if it carry's on will put paid to any hopes of a top 6 finish. Millens 3 centre backs don't appear to know what they are doing, spreading panic throughout the team late on.

I think part of the problem yesterday was that there were too many defenders and they looked disorganised.

We need to select our strongest/first choice back four and persevere with it, so that each player knows what the other players are going to do.

Likewise, we need to select a right winger from Sproule/Haynes, fill in the two central midfield positions using our two first choicers, and then stick somebody who can do a job on the left ie. Macca/Ribs/Skuse/the other player not playing on the right.

We need to play this system (using the full width of the pitch) for a few games to figure out the strengths and weaknesses and then address those weaknesses either by loaning someone in, buying someone or using the squad.

Any time there are suspensions/injurys another squad member should be able to just slot in. (Just out of interest, do the reserves play the same formation as the first eleven? so that any one of the players can instantly step up into the first team as and when necessary??)

The important thing is that we stick to a formation that the players can get used to, with players that they are familiar with.

I agree with what you are saying....but there are very few teams historicaly that invite pressure and conceed as much of the pitch like City have done time and time again and not conceed goals. Even the best exponaants of the defensive art - Italy have come unstuck on more than one occassion for sitting on a lead.

Very few goals are scored from the opponents half of the pitch...City just dont spend enough time in the other half of the pitch and that is the real problem....tacticaly we are not set up to make that happen.

I agree with what you are saying....but there are very few teams historicaly that invite pressure and conceed as much of the pitch like City have done time and time again and not conceed goals. Even the best exponaants of the defensive art - Italy have come unstuck on more than one occassion for sitting on a lead.

Very few goals are scored from the opponents half of the pitch...City just dont spend enough time in the other half of the pitch and that is the real problem....tacticaly we are not set up to make that happen.

Listening to GJ on World, it's quite worrying that GJ actually thought we defended well for a majority of the game, well the point is, we shouldn't be defending for 80minutes of a game! Sure there will be times when we do need to defend, thats inevitable, but to defend for so long is wrong.

All of this wouldn't even be a problem if we could score an extra goal.

BTW, anyone notice the urgency in our attacking play after we conceded yesterday? I sure it's a mentality issue with the players/management also.

Listening to GJ on World, it's quite worrying that GJ actually thought we defended well for a majority of the game, well the point is, we shouldn't be defending for 80minutes of a game! Sure there will be times when we do need to defend, thats inevitable, but to defend for so long is wrong.

All of this wouldn't even be a problem if we could score an extra goal.

BTW, anyone notice the urgency in our attacking play after we conceded yesterday? I sure it's a mentality issue with the players/management also.

Well that is worrying, if he happy for us to be defending for that lenght of time, then perhaps we should not be suprised at the number of late goals we conceed. Undoubtedly individual errors will always cost teams but to think we can play like this and utimately be successful is becoming a more rediculous as each week passes and belive me three points from the play-offs will soon become double figures.

Ipswitch, Sheff Wed, Reading are just three examples of teams that will feel their performance deserved much more than the point they achieved.

Scoting the extra goal is always a must...but taticaly we appear to give ourselves very little chance of doing this.

Well that is worrying, if he happy for us to be defending for that lenght of time, then perhaps we should not be suprised at the number of late goals we conceed. Undoubtedly individual errors will always cost teams but to think we can play like this and utimately be successful is becoming a more rediculous as each week passes and belive me three points from the play-offs will soon become double figures.

Ipswitch, Sheff Wed, Reading are just three examples of teams that will feel their performance deserved much more than the point they achieved.

Scoting the extra goal is always a must...but taticaly we appear to give ourselves very little chance of doing this.

I know that, you know that, but when the fans in the Williams try telling GJ that........well!!

I know that, you know that, but when the fans in the Williams try telling GJ that........well!!

Well there is a time and a place for everything and in the middle of a game when GJ should be concentrating on the game shouting from the Williams isnt it, I would suggest you write your concerns to him either in a letter or email and send it to the club most importantly be polite.

Listening to GJ on World, it's quite worrying that GJ actually thought we defended well for a majority of the game, .

If GJ said that then I'm seriously worried. Not only should we NOT be defending for 80 minutes, as you rightly say, but we didn't even do that very well. A side with half a clue how to finish would have put 4 past us yesterday.

Thinking about this all day my decision is w.t.f it dont really matter; its just a game.

No-one is "to blame" :noexpression: life goes on and so will our club, one day at a time, one step at a time. etc.

This club has been frustrating me for over forty years and it will continue to do so :city: "until I die" :city:

Thinking about this all day my decision is w.t.f it dont really matter; its just a game.

No-one is "to blame" :noexpression: life goes on and so will our club, one day at a time, one step at a time. etc.

This club has been frustrating me for over forty years and it will continue to do so :city: "until I die" :city:

Ain't that the truth. My old man came to see me this weekend and we spent some time reminsicing about when I was young and we went ot every game during the seveties. Come win, lose or draw we inavriably left the ground bemoaning the dross we'd just watched and vowing not to return. 30/40 years later we still keep returning and, God willing, will do so for another 30/40 years.

Ain't that the truth. My old man came to see me this weekend and we spent some time reminsicing about when I was young and we went ot every game during the seveties. Come win, lose or draw we inavriably left the ground bemoaning the dross we'd just watched and vowing not to return. 30/40 years later we still keep returning and, God willing, will do so for another 30/40 years.

Whatever the div whatever the position, I will get there when I can as I always have done; another 30/40 months and I`ll be over the moon.

But yeah Dicks out and all that different century same old same old. :farmer:

Well there is a time and a place for everything and in the middle of a game when GJ should be concentrating on the game shouting from the Williams isnt it, I would suggest you write your concerns to him either in a letter or email and send it to the club most importantly be polite.

I disagree, I believe that during a game is exactly the right time! Like he would acknowledge an email or letter......Sir Gary can do no wrong!Us "little people"aka "the fans" no nothing! he is the masterful Gary J and can do no wrong! How dare we question him and his tactics! I mean....he got us promoted nearly 3 years ago.... It doesnt matter when youtell him, the bloke is so far up his own back side the only opinion that counts is his own. I can well imagine him being the sort of bloke that should a player go into his office and question his tactics, they would get a dressing down and get told to train with the reserves! Do not question the man....he is untouchable

:whistle2::tumbleweed:

I disagree, I believe that during a game is exactly the right time! Like he would acknowledge an email or letter......Sir Gary can do no wrong!Us "little people"aka "the fans" no nothing! he is the masterful Gary J and can do no wrong! How dare we question him and his tactics! I mean....he got us promoted nearly 3 years ago.... It doesnt matter when youtell him, the bloke is so far up his own back side the only opinion that counts is his own. I can well imagine him being the sort of bloke that should a player go into his office and question his tactics, they would get a dressing down and get told to train with the reserves! Do not question the man....he is untouchable

Al Capone thought that... Q Mr E Ness. :mafia:

Speak to him a lot do you?

Archived