IGNORED

Does How Much You Go Affect Your Opinion Of The Manager?

Eddie Hitler

Please answer in one category only  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Usually it is the keyboard warriors who hold the most extreme and negative views, but I am getting the strong impression that there is an inversion this time.

The go-to-every game fans seem to be the most vociferous in their crticism because they are watching every minute of the games and are judging on observed performance over the last year. Whereas the less often-attending, especially overseas, fans are looking at GJ's record and the league table which, in black and white terms, look ok.

So a poll it is to find out of this is true. It would be worrying if my impression is correct, because it would mean that the best customers are the most unhappy.

I'm trying to avoid this repeating the GJ out / GJ must stay threads. I have picked home games only as most people would accept a tight / defensive / negative performance at a difficult away game as it sometimes the only way to get a point.

Poll updated to include 'Not APplicable' option. Tick this on the three other sections that don't apply to you.

I attend most games and for me GJ has to stay, for us that go year in year out we appreciate where he took us from, and we also appreciate that a lot of the teams in our league have had parachute payments from the Premier League.

We should be thankful that we have a chairman and manger that want to progress our club, reading some of the fans thoughts on here I am sure some of them want us to do badly so they can say 'told you so'.

For me GJ is doing an outstanding job and I am sure three years ago when we got promoted most of us realistically were looking at consolodation and then maybe in 5 years take it forward. We now have GJ on a long term contract which is great, a chairman who is adamant we will get to the Premier League and a new ground beckons, surely this is all positive stuff from when GJ took over.

Sometimes I wish we hadn't got to the playoff final and finished that season 20th maybe then some of our fans would be looking at where we are as progress, to me we are progressing.

I attend most games and for me GJ has to stay, for us that go year in year out we appreciate where he took us from, and we also appreciate that a lot of the teams in our league have had parachute payments from the Premier League.

We should be thankful that we have a chairman and manger that want to progress our club, reading some of the fans thoughts on here I am sure some of them what us to do badly so they can say 'told you so'.

For me GJ is doing an outstanding job and I am sure three years ago when we got promoted most of us realistically were looking at consolodation and then maybe in 5 years take it forward. We now have GJ on a long term contract which is great, a chairman who is adamant we will get to the Premier League and a new ground beckons, surely this is all positive stuff from when GJ took over.

Sometimes I wish we hadn't got to the playoff final and finished that season 20th maybe then some of our fans would be lookingat where we are as progress, to me this is progress.

Encouraging to hear that from a regular. I did the poll as I was wondering whether I was just hearing the ones who were shouting loudest.

I clicked my selection, hit enter and got this error :unsure:

You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for

I'm in the season ticket holder, GJ should stay camp. Nothing has yet convinced me that changing the manager would do anything but harm to the club. I'll be attending 20+ home games and half a dozen or so aways next season whether we're in the Premier League, the Championship or League 1. I'll not boo the players unless I think they haven't tried (which I've never been able to say at any game I've attended under GJ).

But...I don't look forward to going to the games at the moment, for all the obvious reasons, and have decided to watch the Cardiff game on S4C. The fact that my kids didn't quibble when I told them we weren't going to the game is revealing about how excited they are finding the football at the moment.

And I do think GJ faces some challenges now. Can he get his team to maintain a solid Championship status and at the same time entertain the crowd more, to bring more customers in through the gate? Can he get the most out of what is a very talented squad? And can he subdue his ego enough not to put part of the blame for the poor performances onto the fans? Can he (whether publicly or not) admit his own shortcomings and improve HIS performance?

I'm not convinced we are progressing just at the moment, but am still hopeful that we will see some positive signs before long.

It would take a lot more than has happened so far to get me thinking that "GJ out" is the best thing for the club - and some more years consolidating in the Championship is fine by me if the Club is progressing. But there must come a point where GJ needs to prove that he has the ability to take us on to the next stage. He's earned a fair bit of time to do so, IMO, so my "stay" vote comes without any caveats just yet.

So as it stands it looks like those least happy with GJ staying are those who attend less matches per season (as a percentage of the total). So it's still keyboard warriors, with a certain amount of support from regular matchgoers. Which suggests that the arguments about losing 5000 fans if GJ stays (on another thread) are probably nonsense.

So as it stands it looks like those least happy with GJ staying are those who attend less matches per season (as a percentage of the total). So it's still keyboard warriors, with a certain amount of support from regular matchgoers. Which suggests that the arguments about losing 5000 fans if GJ stays (on another thread) are probably nonsense.

Maybe there should have been included.... Who has already stopped going because of the fare on offer, but then again they would be branded glory hunters wouldn't they.

Maybe there should have been included.... Who has already stopped going because of the fare on offer, but then again they would be branded glory hunters wouldn't they.

Can't vote but I'm ST Holder and 35+ games a season and think he should get till end of season at least. Review it then based on performances/results/attendances.

Updated the results with both of your votes.

That's a good point actually (apart from the dig at the end). Although I would have thought many of the people who are only actually attending 0-5 matches will have ticked a higher box - when I didn't have a season ticket a few years back I still felt as though I attended lots of matches. So it would skew the data, but probably not too much.

That's a good point actually (apart from the dig at the end). Although I would have thought many of the people who are only actually attending 0-5 matches will have ticked a higher box - when I didn't have a season ticket a few years back I still felt as though I attended lots of matches. So it would skew the data, but probably not too much.

Not aimed at your goodself BMF i can assure you, there are far more deserving cases. :rolleyes:

Interesting results so far......although only 59 votes, there does seem to be a groundswell of opinion that fans are not happy with what is being served up at the moment.

It would also be interesting to know how long the ST holder group (top group) have been following BCFC as I would guess that the fans that are in the lower groups have followed for less years....(ie: BCFC is all new to them and they enjoy the day out more and that clouds their judgement).

All it needs is for GJ to grow some.....get us scoring again & the results will come and everyone will be happy.....well except RR of course......:laugh:

Go on GJ.......be brave.......the only way is up.

BCAGFC

Interesting results so far......although only 59 votes, there does seem to be a groundswell of opinion that fans are not happy with what is being served up at the moment.

It would also be interesting to know how long the ST holder group (top group) have been following BCFC as I would guess that the fans that are in the lower groups have followed for less years....(ie: BCFC is all new to them and they enjoy the day out more and that clouds their judgement).

All it needs is for GJ to grow some.....get us scoring again & the results will come and everyone will be happy.....well except RR of course......:laugh:

Go on GJ.......be brave.......the only way is up.

BCAGFC

I would say the results show the exact opposite. The fans attending less often are showing a higher percentage of those fans (the ones that you say have clouded judgment) that are negative about GJ.

The majority, especially among season ticket holders, are saying they're happy with things as they stand or are "silent majority".

Around 1 in 5 fans are hacked off. Not a good number, but as we have no comparable survey in the apst we don't know whether this is a groundswell or whether 1 in 5 City fans will always whinge about not succeeding enough. Anecdotally, I know what I suspect to be the case...

How can you state this when 37 of the votes have either been to stay or give another year?

Depends which way you look at the stats really:

Just in the top category alone-

GJ to stay- 18

One more season/GJ out- 31

Nearly 2/1 think that time is running out/run out, if you add in the other groups, the result isn't much different

In all categories:

GJ to stay- 30

One more season/GJ out- 54

Undecided- 4

(Not sure how you can get these results when you can only vote in 1 category?)

Surely if everything was alright, the GJ to stay camp would be MUCH larger.

Just like to add that I am in the 'give him until the end of the season/one more season' group, I want to be entertained.....that is all.

BCAGFC

Archived