IGNORED

The Problem Is

Esmond Million's Bung

We were so comfortable today, QPR were limited to perhaps 4 chances all game and only 1 in the 2nd half, both of their goals were caused by giving the ball away cheaply. But even though QPR were hanging on in the end, we did'nt create enough chances and our final ball was poor and our crossing was pathetic.

Orr is simply not good enough, he is a liability and could'nt pass water.

Mcallister is too slow and again the only opportunity that QPR created in the 2nd half came from his sloppy pass.

But the real problem is midfield, Hartley was poor in the first half, but probably the best player on the field in the second, Skuse was appalling today and especially in the first half his wayward passes put us under unnecessary pressure. Haynes is dangerous but not out wide, Williams was the worst player on the field by a country mile. Our passing was abysmal throughout, our tacking was woeful and the closing down for both of their goals was schoolboy. Sno certainly made a difference and I think him and Hartley at the centre of midfield is probably our best pairing.

But I think QPR will feel mighty relieved at winning this one, the penalty shout and a dodgy offside call went their way, but to be honest for all our possession and sometime pretty build up our pass selection was poor again today.

So Ribero or James Wilson at right back, Sproule must be given a longer run in the side and we need a left back and a left winger in the window.

I really don't believe it's as bad as people are saying but we do need some quality and pace down the left.

We were so comfortable today, QPR were limited to perhaps 4 chances all game and only 1 in the 2nd half, both of their goals were caused by giving the ball away cheaply. But even though QPR were hanging on in the end, we did'nt create enough chances and our final ball was poor and our crossing was pathetic.

Orr is simply not good enough, he is a liability and could'nt pass water.

Mcallister is too slow and again the only opportunity that QPR created in the 2nd half came from his sloppy pass.

But the real problem is midfield, Hartley was poor in the first half, but probably the best player on the field in the second, Skuse was appalling today and especially in the first half his wayward passes put us under unnecessary pressure. Haynes is dangerous but not out wide, Williams was the worst player on the field by a country mile. Our passing was abysmal throughout, our tacking was woeful and the closing down for both of their goals was schoolboy. Sno certainly made a difference and I think him and Hartley at the centre of midfield is probably our best pairing.

But I think QPR will feel mighty relieved at winning this one, the penalty shout and a dodgy offside call went their way, but to be honest for all our possession and sometime pretty build up our pass selection was poor again today.

So Ribero or James Wilson at right back, Sproule must be given a longer run in the side and we need a left back and a left winger in the window.

I really don't believe it's as bad as people are saying but we do need some quality and pace down the left.

I agree with your points in bold. Although I would say that McAllister is more of a liability than Orr and I hate to say it but Louis was getting done for pace nearly every time against Agyeman (don't think thats how you spell it). Personally I think that we were not good enough for the win and not clinical enough for the draw. The first goal was usual defensive frailty whilst the second was a good strike.

I don't think that the inclusion of Ribeiro or Wilson will help to be honest. The defence is clearly wobbly at the moment and putting those younger players in the side will only unsettle it further. It won't be their playing ability but rather their inexperience of playing in the side.

In all I agree with your assesments of the players and the game.

esmond these players you mention are good players, some of the best we have had in years.

Do you think its reasonable to say these players are playing with little condfidence mate?

Not at all, why should they be low on confidence?, we play in red and QPR play in blue & white and all they have to do is to keep passing it somebody in red and when the guys in blue & white have the ball,

we close down and tackle where necessary, if they were being sent to Afghanistan next week I could perhaps understand some nerves.

These guys are highly paid and are under performing and it's far too easy to blame the manager, tactics had nothing to with either QPR goals it was individual errors and then players not doing what they are well paid to do, close down, track back and tackle.

I agree with your points in bold. Although I would say that McAllister is more of a liability than Orr and I hate to say it but Louis was getting done for pace nearly every time against Agyeman (don't think thats how you spell it). Personally I think that we were not good enough for the win and not clinical enough for the draw. The first goal was usual defensive frailty whilst the second was a good strike.

I don't think that the inclusion of Ribeiro or Wilson will help to be honest. The defence is clearly wobbly at the moment and putting those younger players in the side will only unsettle it further. It won't be their playing ability but rather their inexperience of playing in the side.

In all I agree with your assesments of the players and the game.

I will beg to differ on Orr, I have never subscribed to the 'Orr' legend, He is a reasonable defender but in possession he is a total liability, I have never seen a player misplace so many passes and when he does actually hit one of his own players it is usually when the player is so heavily marked he can't do anything with it. Mcallister is just too slow now.

I thought the central defence was excellent today Fontaine was outstanding, although I will concede Carey at least twice totally lost Agymang.

What difference was this, he gave the ball away, got booked and had little/no impact on the game, is that the difference he made?

He put more effort in than Skuse did (all match), yes he got booked and why because mcallister gave the ball away in a very dangerous position and from the moment he came on QPR were hanging on 10 minutes before the end they were putting it into the corners to run down time, He tracked backed and got in some important tackles...........................

He put more effort in than Skuse did (all match), yes he got booked and why because mcallister gave the ball away in a very dangerous position and from the moment he came on QPR were hanging on 10 minutes before the end they were putting it into the corners to run down time, He tracked backed and got in some important tackles...........................

I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with Sno being on the pitch and after reading a few posts from QPR fans they seem to feel they were very lucky to get the 3 points and were unhappy at Hart's negative tactics after bringing on 2 defenders late on to protect the lead. I imagine this was more the reason for QPR hanging on.

I'm still very undecided on him and he did nothing today to sway me either way. His passing was off, his touch wasn't great and he got yet another booking.

I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with Sno being on the pitch and after reading a few posts from QPR fans they seem to feel they were very lucky to get the 3 points and were unhappy at Hart's negative tactics after bringing on 2 defenders late on to protect the lead. I imagine this was more the reason for QPR hanging on.

I'm still very undecided on him and he did nothing today to sway me either way. His passing was off, his touch wasn't great and he got yet another booking.

Fair enough, I too am undecided, However he did put in a lot of effort, effort that was totally lacking up to that point. The booking was mcalisters fault, he misplaced a 6 foot pass in a very dangerous position on the edge of our penalty box and Sno did what had to be done, simple as.

What difference was this, he gave the ball away, got booked and had little/no impact on the game, is that the difference he made?

With what's going on off the field for the guy at the moment, I'm suprised he was even in the squad!!....so i for one am not gonna critisise him for having the testicular fortitude to go out there and give it his best shot!!

I totally agree that Orr is a liability going forward and his passing is deplorable for a professional footballer. It amzes me that there is no competition for his place. 3 players were constants in the team last year: McIndoe, Johnson and Orr.

The first has gone, the second is no longer a constant thanks to Hartley coming in and Orr is the last man standing. Surely, he must be replaced by someone better?!

/

Understand your point of view, but its a difficult situation if you cannot get a chance to break in when the team is playing poorly. When you also have no chance of a game when the team is playing well. This has been the situation for the younger pro's for the past 3 years. Seems like a "catch 22" situation at City.

Who knows, if the club showed confidence in them, given a proper run of games some of the younger pro's may well turn out to be better options for City than some of the existing team. I suppose its all about your perspective is this an opportunity or a risk to the club?

Archived