IGNORED

Just Out Of Interest

Esmond Million's Bung

Firstly todays defeat had nothing to do with tactics and everything to do with individual and collective mistakes.

So as a matter of interest does anyone actually believe that the players should have any blame attached to them this season?.

For instance, Bradley Orr I think if his pay was linked to passing to one of his own players or one of his own players not surrounded by 3 opposing players, he'd owe the club money.

Cole Skuse has 1 good game and then 4 or 5 mediocre games and adds little or nothing going forward.

I am well aware of Lee Johnsons short comings, but is it coincidence our results seem to dip without him.

I understand the criticism over GJ, but when the players step over that white line, He cannot be held responsible for the amount of misplaced passes, half hearted tackles, the non closing down of opponents or the bad choices of passes when in good positions.

Todays performance sums everything up for me, we were by far the better team, but 2 midfield mistakes compounded by sloppy defending give away 2 goals, Mcalisters sloppy pass in the 2nd half almost gifted them a third and had to be stopped by a foul and a yellow card to Sno (and then Sno is criticised by some on here). I could'nt agree more with GJ's assessment of todays game box to box we were great, but our decision making in and around both boxes was appalling and cost us a game we controlled throughout.

Firstly todays defeat had nothing to do with tactics and everything to do with individual and collective mistakes.

So as a matter of interest does anyone actually believe that the players should have any blame attached to them this season?.

For instance, Bradley Orr I think if his pay was linked to passing to one of his own players or one of his own players not surrounded by 3 opposing players, he'd owe the club money.

Cole Skuse has 1 good game and then 4 or 5 mediocre games and adds little or nothing going forward.

I am well aware of Lee Johnsons short comings, but is it coincidence our results seem to dip without him.

I understand the criticism over GJ, but when the players step over that white line, He cannot be held responsible for the amount of misplaced passes, half hearted tackles, the non closing down of opponents or the bad choices of passes when in good positions.

Todays performance sums everything up for me, we were by far the better team, but 2 midfield mistakes compounded by sloppy defending give away 2 goals, Mcalisters sloppy pass in the 2nd half almost gifted them a third and had to be stopped by a foul and a yellow card to Sno (and then Sno is criticised by some on here). I could'nt agree more with GJ's assessment of todays game box to box we were great, but our decision making in and around both boxes was appalling and cost us a game we controlled throughout.

First things first. I am firmly in the Johnson must improve or else camp BUT i was at QPR today and have no problem with today's performance. I thought we played well and were over ninety minutes the better side.

We attacked with some entertaining football and i walked away from the ground having enjoyed the game.

Yes there were mistakes by the players and GJ (should have left Williams and Haynes on) but overall he played an attacking side and if we had some luck we would have got a result.

What i could not believe was looking on this site after the game to see some of the crap that has been posted. Some people really need to make up their minds about what they want. Crap football and results or entertaining football and the chance you will loose.

I am in the latter and today i got the football, just a shame we didnt get the result.

First things first. I am firmly in the Johnson must improve or else camp BUT i was at QPR today and have no problem with today's performance. I thought we played well and were over ninety minutes the better side.

We attacked with some entertaining football and i walked away from the ground having enjoyed the game.

Yes there were mistakes by the players and GJ (should have left Williams and Haynes on) but overall he played an attacking side and if we had some luck we would have got a result.

What i could not believe was looking on this site after the game to see some of the crap that has been posted. Some people really need to make up their minds about what they want. Crap football and results or entertaining football and the chance you will loose.

I am in the latter and today i got the football, just a shame we didnt get the result.

I think I need to say Williams was the worst player on the field by a country mile, I like Haynes but I don't think he adds value out wide.

Although we were the better team throughout, we also had the 3 worst players on the field 1)Williams 2)Orr and 3)Skuse and that is a lot of passengers.

I thought Williams had a mare today, and he was at fault for their first goal.

The first 30 mins, and the latter part of the 2nd half were much much improved today, and even though we lost I came away feeling positive. We played well, and were only undone by the shortcomings of the useless refereeing, and the linesman on the dugout side, who didnt seem to be able to make a decision between them :disapointed2se:

I think I need to say Williams was the worst player on the field by a country mile, I like Haynes but I don't think he adds value out wide.

Although we were the better team throughout, we also had the 3 worst players on the field 1)Williams 2)Orr and 3)Skuse and that is a lot of passengers.

This is the problem

Williams hasnt played for ages

If any fan thinks he will come into the team

and be motm then they no nothing about football

Give the bloke a run of games then judge him

Ok, so we lose today. Not the end of the world. However, GJ claiming that we played well in the middle third and badly at either end is almost unbelievable. I know some of the blame has to be directed at the players but sure GJ has to take most of the blame. He's the one that purchased the players to supply and score the goals and he purchased almost all of the defensive unit.

He's the one that takes the training and he's the one that works out the tactics. This needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. I could have told him that weeks ago.

Improve or move Gary!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So does his training and tactics involve the sort of individual mistakes that caused both goals and almost a 3rd?

The first 30 mins, and the latter part of the 2nd half were much much improved today, and even though we lost I came away feeling positive. We played well, and were only undone by the shortcomings of the useless refereeing, and the linesman on the dugout side, who didnt seem to be able to make a decision between them :disapointed2se:

I thought Williams was doing the thing we have been crying out for, trying to thread the ball through. Was it not his pass that lead to Maynards goal and pen shout?

I thought Williams was doing the thing we have been crying out for, trying to thread the ball through. Was it not his pass that lead to Maynards goal and pen shout?

He had his moments, and believe me i'm a fan of his, I just don't think he played very well today thats all. Different people see the game differently and I respect your opinion, he did show some flashes of the kind of player he can be, and as someone else said, he hasn't really had a proper run in the team lately.

Thought Clarkson did really well when he came on today as well.

Firstly, Lee Johnson has 1 good game and then 4 or 5 mediocre games and adds little or nothing going forward. Cole has improved massively for me this season and has earned his spot in the starting line up. Therefore I agree with his selection today - he did have an off day but his form over the past few weeks has been impressive. I don't think that Lee Johnson in his place would contrive anywhere near what the Hartley/Skuse partnership can.

My view is that yes, players do have some responsibility but it is evident that they are trying their very hardest to work in unfamiliar positions/formations and it just isn't working. Take Danny Haynes and Nicky Maynard for example. They always run their socks off every game because they give 100% for the cause but because of the way in which the team is set up to operate we aren't getting the best out of them (todays goal from NM was fantastic however) I would say that the managements approach to a game definitely does not suit the playing attributes of these two players.

I think realistically the players we have this season are a big improvement on the last, in all departments, but the management do not know how to use them effectively or are asking them to play in unfamiliar territory because of their own mistakes (e.g. Lack of replacement for McIndoe, assumptions that Orr and McAllister are consistent championship level wing backs)

The main bug bare for me is that with the players we have got, we are quite capable of playing smooth flowing on the deck football and yet, the order seems to be to punt it up to NM every time the full back has it or to play a long diagonal ball along the floor from midfield that is easily interceptable by the opposition. It's not just happened today but every game we seem unable to string passes together because the style of football we are being set out to employ is stale and predictable.

He had his moments, and believe me i'm a fan of his, I just don't think he played very well today thats all. Different people see the game differently and I respect your opinion, he did show some flashes of the kind of player he can be, and as someone else said, he hasn't really had a proper run in the team lately.

Thought Clarkson did really well when he came on today as well.

Well, it does not matter anyway ( i was basing my view on the passes to Maynard and now i am not sure it was him).

My original point which has been lost a bit was that the team played a more entertaining games today and GJ did what most fans have been asking for and he still gets shit for it ( and im not a GJ fan).

My original point which has been lost a bit was that the team played a more entertaining games today and GJ did what most fans have been asking for and he still gets shit for it ( and im not a GJ fan).

Completely agree, and I for one am looking forward to Monday. Am also not regretting my decision to attend my first away game of the season :)

The main bug bare for me is that with the players we have got, we are quite capable of playing smooth flowing on the deck football and yet, the order seems to be to punt it up to NM every time the full back has it or to play a long diagonal ball along the floor from midfield that is easily interceptable by the opposition.

Strangely I can't really recall a lot of the long diagonal balls or punts you describe in todays game, in fact I would say that was the QPR tactic especially in the 2nd half.

This is the problem

Williams hasnt played for ages

If any fan thinks he will come into the team

and be motm then they no nothing about football

Give the bloke a run of games then judge him

why not give 11 players a run of games in the same formation?????

Strangely I can't really recall a lot of the long diagonal balls or punts you describe in todays game, in fact I would say that was the QPR tactic especially in the 2nd half.

Diagonal ball culprit = Skuse (who you singled out as having a poor game today, which really he did)

Punt Culprits = Orr and McAllister (in another of your posts you identified that Orr's distribution in paticular was poor)

The only player today who allowed the ball to flow and move was Hartley. But that's been one of the many stories of the season really.

Diagonal ball culprit = Skuse (who you singled out as having a poor game today, which really he did)

Punt Culprits = Orr and McAllister (in another of your posts you identified that Orr's distribution in paticular was poor)

The only player today who allowed the ball to flow and move was Hartley. But that's been one of the many stories of the season really.

I can only think we watched different games, I honestly did'nt see a lot of what you described.

Yes I did identify Orr's poor distribution, I was thinking more in terms of 5 and 6 foot passes and the like.

I think he had 2 good games in a row, and he did well at RB, but other than that it's good game, bad game, good game, bad game.

When any CM has a bad game we lose or draw. As such, playing Skuse seems to be a liability. Either that or rotate him and make sure you get his good game.

But you can look at that another way and say that they did make the decisions. Just because they didnt go for us that doesnt make the decisions wrong does it.

Some you get some you dont, ask Mr Warnock. :rolleyes:

Picked by who exactly, the manager manages, selects the team.

If a pilot makes a smooth landing thats great for him, if he makes a rough landing its not the "passengers" fault its his still, hes in control.

Archived