IGNORED

Mid-season,mid-table

Andy Horsman

Here we are then. 23 games in and exactly mid-table in 12th. Goal diff 0.(Scored a pitiful 27 conceded a reasonable 27?)

19 points off top but 14 points off bottom.

Won 7, drawn 10, lost 6.

Hardly the season we and Mr Lansdown were anticipating given the frenetic transfer activity of the summer/early season period.

Early Carling cup exit, no revenue there then, awkward FA cup tie still to be negotiated. And dare I say the potential further embarassment of a second televised debacle against C*rdiff.

Monday's game heralds the start of the second part of 2009/2010. We need more than a win, we need to start the type of run that will get us at the right end of the table completing for the play-offs. In previous seasons it felt anything was possible but even those who genuinely always believe must be beating away the thickening clouds of doubt about this season given the turgid footballing fare we have been repeatedly exposed to.

Like Blues Legend (no not Birmingham City!!!) Robert Johnson, Gary Johnson is at the crossroads.

Sadly I am more fearful of being sucked into the mire than I am of us competing for promotion. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

PS my pre-season prediction: 13th.

I again hoped I would be wrong.

Archived