IGNORED

Maynard's Goal Today

gater2

Just seen it on the football league show. Looked good from the stand, but WHAT a goal having just seen it on TV!! If Rooney/Torres had scored a goal like that everyone would have been talking about how amazing it was for a while and the quality it clearly showed. 3 touches having received a probably overhit pass, without it touching the ground with 2 defenders right next to him and bang in the corner. But of course it didn't even get a mention on the pundits' bit on the football league show.

Just seen it on the football league show. Looked good from the stand, but WHAT a goal having just seen it on TV!! If Rooney/Torres had scored a goal like that everyone would have been talking about how amazing it was for a while and the quality it clearly showed. 3 touches having received a probably overhit pass, without it touching the ground with 2 defenders right next to him and bang in the corner. But of course it didn't even get a mention on the pundits' bit on the football league show.

During his BCFC Player interview after the match, NM played the goal down as it did not contribute to a City win.

Never the less, a nomination for goal of the season, anywhere.

He won't score many goals better than that one, sheer class. :dancing2:

Guest zider_head

I thought the same if a prem player such as :-

Rooney

Tevez

Toress

Gerrard

Defoe

Would have scored that goal it would hae been all over the back of todays papers shown on sky sports news every 5 mins but cause we lost and were Bristol City, not a word

Well Done Nicky you and Skuse are my player and young player of the year hands down so far

A truly exceptional goal, well done Nicky. Can you make the next 15 tap ins please because I don't want you leaving?

i see a problem coming up ,poss january. maynard is a 20 goal a season top notch striker , god knows how many goals he would have by now if he had recieved any quality service this season. he has had to manufacture most of his goals himself, in a creative side i think he could be another andy cole . honestly i do, i feel a top club wont be far away, we can only hope he loves bristol. cos i dont feel gary would find another like nicky they are few and far between.

Archived