IGNORED

The Football Factory

One Team

Suprised I've not seen any mentioned of this yet; its out on May 14th and looks an incredible movie.

One of the reviews called it, "Trainspotting with Burberry" and another 'Hate, Actually".

Probably the most here and now movie of the year - and unlike biased BBC, local media or commercial reporting, it seems to actually make a social comment on things, rather than "blame" football for everything.

One Team

Listened to the guy who directed if on 5live last night, and he was asked if he thought the timing of its release was sensible due to the Euro championship just round the corner.

He was adamant that, it would not encourage a rise of violence for the championships, but I can't help thinking anything that raises the profile of football violence is a bad idea. (certainly this close to Euro 2004)

I would've thought the release so close to Euro 2004 is entirely deliberate to surround it in controversey and thus get more publicity.

I like the premise though in that it doesn't insult football fans intelligence with the whole subject.

One Team

Guest WillsbridgeRed

It should be good.

It is interesting the outcry over a film on football hooligans. There never seems to be such when a film is about the IRA.....................

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Yeah but why the controversy beecause it actually shows that hooligans aren't baby killing monsters.

In a media driven by stereotypes this film sounds like a breath of fresh air

i havn't seen or read anything about the film, but i've read the book by the same name(john king).

the books about 8 years old and although it's based around football it seemed a bit dated back then when i first read it.

it is a powerful book, just as much to do about social issues as well as football hooliganism.

Archived