IGNORED

Clarkson's "goal"

Drew Peacock

It was offside - The linesperson raised the flag and the referee blew the whistle. Whether it was a correct decision or not no longer matters. I thought Watford had a reasonable penalty claim in the first half, any (unbiased) view from the EE?

BTW, what did we say after the Palace game about complaining about referees decisions???? :whistle2:

Sorry I can't see where I was complaining, can you point it out please.

I am merely intrigued to know whether what I thought I saw was what happened. One of my sons agreed with me and one didn't.

OK with you?

Loving this, spot on

Who has scored more than any of our strikers bar Maynard. Natural pace actually only has a part to play, Lita is not quick, compared to Haynes, Maynard and Sproule he's positively slow, but his speed of though and reading of the game is so good he can set of 2 yards before the defender even realises what is going on. Goater had all the pace of a slug, but his speed of though often put him past much quicker defenders. Pace on it's own is useless unless you can use it, otherwise Sproule would be up there with Ronaldo, rather than one of the least consistant players we have.

Not some smart alec reply from Chappers that he was offside because the linesman gave it.
Sorry Drew, not deliberately trying to be a smart Alec.

Flag was raised very early though, so it may be that he was offside when Maynard received the ball, so as soon as Maynard knocked the ball towards him, he was flagged. One of the pundits (Andy Gray?) was trying to explain about going offside, and being onside once the ball is in a secondary phase, but even he admitted he did not have a clue what it all meant!

Archived