IGNORED

Basso

Riaz

This whole thing has been one big confused mess :noexpression:

exactly. what an absolute farce it is. whatever the truth its been poorly handled by everyone involved. at first i thought what a money grabbing so and so basso was but now im not so sure.

frankly its just been embarrassing for the club.

Guest pogopete
GJ says the issue Basso has, is that he thinks the club rejected a offer for him 15 months ago....

GJ says we have not had any offers to date.

Just thought you would all like to know.

Can GJ please let us hear the tape recording of the offer not being made if not please could you lock this thread as we might get sued :winner_third_h4h:

15 months ago?

That must have been right at the end of the summer 2008 transfer window. So this was going on for near enough the entirety of last season??

Did we played with a pissed off no. 1 for all of last season? Did this only come to a head this summer?

So many questions!

It would make sense maybe if this summer Basso said to GJ 'oi I heard someone bid for me 8 months ago and you didn't tell me about it, i'm not happy' ?

15 months ago?

That must have been right at the end of the summer 2008 transfer window. So this was going on for near enough the entirety of last season??

Did we played with a pissed off no. 1 for all of last season? Did this only come to a head this summer?

So many questions!

It would make sense maybe if this summer Basso said to GJ 'oi I heard someone bid for me 8 months ago and you didn't tell me about it, i'm not happy' ?

Just watched the interview and signed in here to make that very point! I found a few things odd with this, firstly he says Basso thinks we recieved an offer for him for some reason, stating that it was a few months ago, when asked for more detail he said 15 months ago, now that's quite strange. Secondly 15 months ago wasn't even a transfer window, so how was this possible? Finally, even if we did reject an offer for him in the summer of 2008, why the hell would he be upset, he didn't even wanna leave then! And as KITR has said, surely he was annoyed/distracted for the entire of last season also?

Just because the supposed offer was 15 months ago - it may not have been a issue until the club wanted to give him a new contract.

The club would have been well with in their rights to reject any offer IF there was one.

Maybe basso decided he'll then go when his contract runs out??!

Just because the supposed offer was 15 months ago - it may not have been a issue until the club wanted to give him a new contract.

The club would have been well with in their rights to reject any offer IF there was one.

The only reason I can think of for him being annoyed by them rejecting the offer is if it was a prem club and he felt they were denying him his chance. But Gary has said there was no offer, so surely its irrellevant. Although this is the first Gary's mentioned of this being the reason Basso is unhappy/dismayed so it could be a cover up...

Comment direct from Johnson on 26.07.09:-

"We have always moved Adriano up the pay scale if he and the club have progressed but his latest demands are simply beyond what we can offer."

Comment direct from Johnson on 30.12.09:-

" Basso thinks the club rejected a offer for him 15 months ago.... and that is where the problem is"

So "if" we are led to believe Johnson the "problem" with Adriano started out due to us allegedly rejecting an offer for him (When incidentally he was STILL in contract and "if" dates are correct NOT during any transfer window, but, then mysteriously changes to a pay demand issue some 8 / 9 months later?????

AS STEVE LANSDOWN HAS ALWAYS APPEARED TO BE A TRUSTING, UPSTANDING AND UPFRONT BUSINESSMAN THEN WHY IS HE ALLOWING ONE OF HIS WELL PAID MANAGERS TO APPEAR TO DISTORT THE TRUTH AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY???

In my opinion Johnson cannot lie straight in bed.................

"We have always moved Adriano up the pay scale if he and the club have progressed but his latest demands are simply beyond what we can offer."

" Basso thinks the club rejected a offer for him 15 months ago.... and that is where the problem is"

So "if" we are led to believe Johnson the "problem" with Adriano started out due to us allegedly rejecting an offer for him (When incidentally he was STILL in contract and "if" dates are correct NOT during any transfer window, but, then mysteriously changes to a pay demand issue some 8 / 9 months later?????

AS STEVE LANSDOWN HAS ALWAYS APPEARED TO BE A TRUSTING, UPSTANDING AND UPFRONT BUSINESSMAN THEN WHY IS HE ALLOWING ONE OF HIS WELL PAID MANAGERS TO APPEAR TO DISTORT THE TRUTH AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY???

Maybe steve lansdown believes GJ to be telling the truth because Lansdown is involved as the chairman and it is the truth?

Ive always thought there was much more in the Basso situ then was ever let on.

Up until now we've only had Johnsons take on it

Ive always believed that Basso is a good upstanding person who takes his faith seriously

Never have i seen Basso as a money grabing dreamer

In my honest opinion i smell a hell of a lot of BS coming from Johnson and not just on the Basso situ either

This is turning into a total farce now. How about just putting things in simple English. Basso is contracted to City until the summer of 2010, City have made him an offer of a new contract, Basso has rejected that for reasons unknown (As he is perfectly entitled to do). It's a pity that we seem incapable of keeping it simple beyond that point, logical thing is to make him available for transfer, preferably by mutual consent. Then whilst he is a City player, provided he stays fit and keen (Which he appears to have done), treat him like any other player until he is transferred or his contract expires.

Instead we have tantrums, dubious press statements, a decent keeper paid to do nothing, rumours, fans turning on a guy who has been a bit of a legend at City, and it's doing nobody any good. The latest statement means that the Club knew Basso was not going to sign when Weale left, so Basso did not leave us in the lurch as some posters have suggested, or he might have done, as the story keeps getting distorted.

If Johnson has trouble dealing with players like Basso, how would he ever cope with Premier League Primal Donnals?

My understanding is that an offer is on the table and basso has rejected it - nothing more to be said.

Just because he is a devout christian does not mean he is meek and mild and will accept just anything in front of him.

The worst atrocities in history have been committed in the name of god, with the excuse that as long as they repent their sins all will be forgiven.

On the other hand if you are daft enough to believe in a god then surely you would be daft enough to believe anything.

Us Atheists are all seeing and knowing!

Only believe what you see on the pitch.

My understanding is that an offer is on the table and basso has rejected it - nothing more to be said.

Just because he is a devout christian does not mean he is meek and mild and will accept just anything in front of him.

The worst atrocities in history have been committed in the name of god, with the excuse that as long as they repent their sins all will be forgiven.

On the other hand if you are daft enough to believe in a god then surely you would be daft enough to believe anything.

You have obviously not seen whats on the otherside,.,. of the coin :disapointed2se:

:laugh: This is so true.

People who believe in God are unfortunate, but I doubt its really their fault they were brainwashed from an early age. I blame the society they were brought up into.

Anyhoo, this is whole scenario is tiresome now, I dont give a 5h1t what was said a year ago, We just need rid of him, hopefully tomorrow.

Let him go. He is now just a liability to the club costing us a lot of money in wages.

He is a good keeper who I think he will become another player who will end up worse off and regret the decisions he has made.

If an offer was made for a contracted player then surely we (as a club) are entitled to turn it down otherwise contracts are a complete waste of time to all parties concerned.

• Admin
Let him go. He is now just a liability to the club costing us a lot of money in wages.

He is a good keeper who I think he will become another player who will end up worse off and regret the decisions he has made.

If an offer was made for a contracted player then surely we (as a club) are entitled to turn it down otherwise contracts are a complete waste of time to all parties concerned.

Using that logic, players are also entitled to turn down new contracts or contract extensions - my problem is that when two of them have done this, they are banished from the team, regardless if playing them would be a benefit. The team performed poorly when Orr was dropped and even if Basso was on the bench, it would be giving some serious competition to Gerkin, which can only be good.

This is turning into a total farce now. How about just putting things in simple English. Basso is contracted to City until the summer of 2010, City have made him an offer of a new contract, Basso has rejected that for reasons unknown (As he is perfectly entitled to do). It's a pity that we seem incapable of keeping it simple beyond that point, logical thing is to make him available for transfer, preferably by mutual consent. Then whilst he is a City player, provided he stays fit and keen (Which he appears to have done), treat him like any other player until he is transferred or his contract expires.

Instead we have tantrums, dubious press statements, a decent keeper paid to do nothing, rumours, fans turning on a guy who has been a bit of a legend at City, and it's doing nobody any good. The latest statement means that the Club knew Basso was not going to sign when Weale left, so Basso did not leave us in the lurch as some posters have suggested, or he might have done, as the story keeps getting distorted.

If Johnson has trouble dealing with players like Basso, how would he ever cope with Premier League Primal Donnals?

:yes:

They are indeed and only exist to be broken.

Archived