IGNORED

Thought This Deserved A Thread Of Its Own

Lack of Action Man

The only reason we are being harsh on the lad is because we are judging him by the standards of our keeper who has to make about half a dozen world class stops week-in week out!!!

After having said that I don't rate Scott Loach Greebo came back with this fairly balanced response and made me think. The number of class saves that Deano has made this season has really overshadowed those opposite numbers of his in the other goal mouth and the only keeper I can think who has come near this season is Lee Grant of Sheffield Wednesday (though Federici had a fair game). So this thread is to recall those saves that have kept us in the game so far this season.

My favourite has to be the double save from the game versus Watford. Nearly dropped my half cold pukka pie :noexpression:

After having said that I don't rate Scott Loach Greebo came back with this fairly balanced response and made me think. The number of class saves that Deano has made this season has really overshadowed those opposite numbers of his in the other goal mouth and the only keeper I can think who has come near this season is Lee Grant of Sheffield Wednesday (though Federici had a fair game). So this thread is to recall those saves that have kept us in the game so far this season.

My favourite has to be the double save from the game versus Watford. Nearly dropped my half cold pukka pie :noexpression:

Spot on OBJ. If your a keeper you will know the difference between what I call good keepers and the rest, "YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN"!

Good shout ojb - always thought good keepers just as important as strikers as with a clean sheet you atleast don't lose.

Unfortunately, I don't think the double save will feature in his stats as the first strike was offside, but nobody knew it at the time so will be remembered for a long time.

That double save really was top drawer. And he didn't know that the offside flag had gone up either. We know that Gerken needs to be more dominant in the air (although you would hardly call Basso dominant either unless you were wearing rose coloured spectacles) but at 24 we know that Gerken, like any keeper of that age, has plenty to learn yet. And I think Stuart Naylor is the perfect man to teach him, when you look at the improvement Basso made over three seasons.

that save really was class, i wouldn't have even expected a prem keeper to make it. it was made all the more spectacular that i was in block E of the Atyeo, i mean the determination deano showed to get back up and parry the ball away. Can't wait to see what he'll be like in 3 seasons

That double save really was top drawer. And he didn't know that the offside flag had gone up either. We know that Gerken needs to be more dominant in the air (although you would hardly call Basso dominant either unless you were wearing rose coloured spectacles) but at 24 we know that Gerken, like any keeper of that age, has plenty to learn yet. And I think Stuart Naylor is the perfect man to teach him, when you look at the improvement Basso made over three seasons.

I totally agree and we should probably add Weale into the mix there as well - Naylor must have put a lot of hard work into him to make sure his game was at its best despite his injury problems. Naylor knows his beans for sure.

Another save of the season shout has to be his one on one save at ipswich where he spread himself and just got a nick on the ball with his leg to knock it away from their striker when he looked certain to score. Though I think the double save was better overall (despite the offside ;) )

Archived