IGNORED

Matt Hill Anybody?

Carey 6

I would walk up there and carry him back to get him down here, he's much better than McCallister he's a leader on the pitch, and never before have i enjoyed watching someone play football so much, (not his skills obviously as he's not that good) but his enthusiasm for the game makes even the dullest game a pleasure to watch. His goal against Swindon is still my favourite City goal just for his reaction.

Still only 28 aswell got another 5+ years left in him
Is he really, God if that's the case defo bring him home, He will be entering his prime right about now.

I think I even rememeber him saying after he played us once that he would like to come back one day.

If he is available I see no reason why we should not be after him and GJ would be mad to pass up the opportunity if it arose. It would certainly earn GJ some brownie points that he could really do with right now.

According to this he could be allowed to go out on loan, i think he would be a really good signing and would give mccalister a fight for the left back space.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/8433692.stm

Would be a brilliant signing, but would only come here for guaranteed 1st Team football. Potential slight snag with geography, though - his family home is still up in the Preston area and he may be unwillibg to disrupt in kid's schooling. Still worth a good shout, though!

Is he really, God if that's the case defo bring him home, He will be entering his prime right about now.

I think I even rememeber him saying after he played us once that he would like to come back one day.

If he is available I see no reason why we should not be after him and GJ would be mad to pass up the opportunity if it arose. It would certainly earn GJ some brownie points that he could really do with right now.

I'm quite sure that is how GJ looks at signings. He sits there with SL & KM and see who is going to get him the most brownie points if he gets them here.

I'm sure he couldn't give a flying **** how many brownie points he gets if they improve the squad.

I respect McAllister as an experienced full back, but he has had some indifferent games of late and I thought he was actually quite poor against Watford. As the only recognised, orthodox left back at the club he could benefit from some serious competition and I agree with all the above comments about Hill's experience and professionalism: he is a very commited player and a strong, determined defender. Moreover, whenever I've seen him play for Preston or Wolves I have had the strong impression that he's improved significantly since he left Ashton Gate.

Ticks all the boxes for me. If he is genuinely available, I think this would be a sound move - perhaps with the possibilty of making it permanent at the end of the season if it goes well...?

Archived