IGNORED

The Palace Game,

bringbacktherobin

As it is a 3pm KO I am hoping there will be enough sun during the morning/afternoon to thaw the the pitch and make it playable

I believe the Cardiff game at the w/end was only called off because of the 12:30pm KO which did not leave enough time for the pitch to soften

Thats just a presumption though!

As it is a 3pm KO I am hoping there will be enough sun during the morning/afternoon to thaw the the pitch and make it playable

I believe the Cardiff game at the w/end was only called off because of the 12:30pm KO which did not leave enough time for the pitch to soften

Thats just a presumption though!

according to the forecast i saw it wont get above freezing in london on saturday at any point so it wont thaw. if palace dont have undersoil then there is no chance.

I live nearby to Selhurst Park, and we've snow due wednesday night / thursday. The pitch at the sports center where i work is frozen solid at the mo and all games have been called off here.

Best to hold off as long as possible, the pitch only has a cover like our own and won't be helpful if things get as bad as expected.

If things change, i'll let you know. Don't get caught out like i did on saturday.

The next 10days will see snow for us and them London (1degree and 40%chance snow Sat) and temps continuing around/below freezing throwing travel and football into chaos :colder::yes: you`ll see.

Furry gloves and knickers required :noexpression:

The Palace website seems reasonably confident - pitch in good shape and extra heaters and covers going to be used.
The Palace ground is built into a hill so that means all the entrances etc on pretty much on hills so with it being -6 +snow teh surrounding areas would worry me. Considering their financial problems would be funny if they hire out all these heaters to get the game on and the pitch is actully playable but due to health and safety reasons it gets called off.

Archived