IGNORED

Gj Up To Something?

Will Rollason

Think he'll be goin for just the one addition this time round - gotta be the leftie hasn't it? Would help to get basso off the payroll (or at least partly if someone takes him and we top up what they can afford). If he can stop deluding himself that McAllister is a 'wing-back' we might see some action!!

Thats the spirit! Basso+ trundle orrrrf the payroll and

PJ unearths a lower league left side gem for 50p and a twix :sub::city:

Very good shout Martyn, quality player. Been playing for Dull much has he??

to answer my own question;

Has not played in this season apart from in the cup competitions'

4 appearances last year (14 as sub).

was record signing 3 seasons ago for over 1mill.

31 years old.

mmmmmmmmm..... dunno.

Pehaps Mr Johnson is off to Sheff Weds...........

might be the best for everyone involved. he's a good manager obviously, but after nearly four and a half years here its starting to go stale IMO and im not sure the players are motivated as much as they were a couple of years ago by hearing the same old things.

Perhaps falling attendances, heavy losses, poor buys in the summer, a huge wage bill etc. have rather a lot to do with things?

Hardly poor buys in the summer, Paul Hartly: has been our best player by far and is maybe too good for us, Dean Gerken: been our best buy of the season so far (would be Hartly but high wages), Lewin Nyatanga: been pretty gooda nd quite athletic, Evander Sno: gets a lot of stick but i think if GJ plays him the right postition (attacking midfield) then he will add more flair and should start to shine, Saborio: Always puts his self about the pitch when he plays, got one or two vital goals and different to all our other strikers (although Akinde is my perfered option). Okay a few flops like Clarkson and Blackwood but on the hole the signings have been pretty good.

Hardly poor buys in the summer, Paul Hartly: has been our best player by far and is maybe too good for us, Dean Gerken: been our best buy of the season so far (would be Hartly but high wages), Lewin Nyatanga: been pretty gooda nd quite athletic, Evander Sno: gets a lot of stick but i think if GJ plays him the right postition (attacking midfield) then he will add more flair and should start to shine, Saborio: Always puts his self about the pitch when he plays, got one or two vital goals and different to all our other strikers (although Akinde is my perfered option). Okay a few flops like Clarkson and Blackwood but on the hole the signings have been pretty good.

I'm quite sure one of them meant sweet f ** k all! But yeah I think we made some good signings in the summer, we just strengthened the same areas, (strikeforce, CENTRAL midfeild, central defence). Therefore although GJ signed some good players, you have to say his overall activity was poor, as he's left us with an incredibly unbalanced squad!

I'm quite sure one of them meant sweet f ** k all! But yeah I think we made some good signings in the summer, we just strengthened the same areas, (strikeforce, CENTRAL midfeild, central defence). Therefore although GJ signed some good players, you have to say his overall activity was poor, as he's left us with an incredibly unbalanced squad!

Bit harsh to say GJ's overall activity was poor - all his Summer signings who have played regularly appear to be of good Championship standard. Saborio and Clarkson, well we'll have to wait and see because their appearances and effectiveness have been limited by illness/international call ups, but both could yet come good. There isn't a Styvar amongst them.

Despite lots of good acquisitions being made the obvious problem is that McIndoe was allowed to go and not replaced.

We needed that wide player and had we got him ( and kept Blackman) then for me it would have gone down as probably the best close season transfer activity by BCFC ever.

The fact GJ went into the season without getting one makes all the difference because with that one extra signing we'd have had width, no problem with the balance of the team, and we'd have been able to play some exceptionally good new signings in their best positions.

Just one player got away, but what a vital one he's turned out to be.

Bit harsh to say GJ's overall activity was poor - all his Summer signings who have played regularly appear to be of good Championship standard. Saborio and Clarkson, well we'll have to wait and see because their appearances and effectiveness have been limited by illness/international call ups, but both could yet come good. There isn't a Styvar amongst them.

Despite lots of good acquisitions being made the obvious problem is that McIndoe was allowed to go and not replaced.

We needed that wide player and had we got him ( and kept Blackman) then for me it would have gone down as probably the best close season transfer activity by BCFC ever.

The fact GJ went into the season without getting one makes all the difference because with that one extra signing we'd have had width, no problem with the balance of the team, and we'd have been able to play some exceptionally good new signings in their best positions.

Just one player got away, but what a vital one he's turned out to be.

I see what your saying, and I've no complaints with any of the players we signed, which is surprising clearly encouraging. (Although I'm not too sure if the loanees we got in were entirely needed or in the right areas but that's a different debate altogether!) However, not signing a wide attacking player was just such an error IMO , as if anything we could have done with 2. I know the Blackman situation was unfortunate but I just think to have finished the transfer window with one out and out winger is just ridiculous.

This bloke has been about as effective as Styvar or John, and look at the stick they got. Another Gary Johnson "Striking flop" im afraid. Like Stern John last season, half way through the loan spell, we all know he is not going to sign for us permanently

havnt seen this befor ,who do we sell to get sum cash???

Bristol City chairman Stephen Lansdown says manager Gary Johnson must sell some of his existing squad before signing any new players this month.

"Do people have to move out before they move in? In a way, yes they do because that's the way football should be," Lansdown told BBC Radio Bristol.

"If you haven't got a full squad already then you can bring extra players in to build it up.

"But we have and we've also got to work on getting people up from the academy."

Lansdown is due to meet manager Gary Johnson on Monday to discuss possible transfer targets but is not making any promises about new signings.

"If we get the opportunity to bring someone in at the right price and it fits in with what we want to do long term, then we'll go for it," he said.

"But I'm not going to bring anyone in that just seems to be a short-term fix or because the fans are a bit restless.

Lansdown continued: "I know everyone likes to see a new face and it's good to freshen things up from time to time.

"But I've been in football a long time and if you do things without doing it in the right way it comes back to bite you later."

Archived