IGNORED

Beckford

Motorwayman

Whilst I understand Grayson not wanting to sell his top scorer and so says wn't sell cheaply, if he's not careful he won't get anything at all when he's outof contract in the summer. This is the danger of not securing players with less than a year left on their contract.

Have seen on another forum that Beckford gets abuse from a section of Leeds supporters. Nice toi know we're not the only club with boo boys.

Whilst I understand Grayson not wanting to sell his top scorer and so says wn't sell cheaply, if he's not careful he won't get anything at all when he's outof contract in the summer. This is the danger of not securing players with less than a year left on their contract.

Have seen on another forum that Beckford gets abuse from a section of Leeds supporters. Nice toi know we're not the only club with boo boys.

Would imagine Leeds would rather he helps get them promotion than sell him for £2m this Jan. Not sure if it makes financial sense in the short term, but I guess someone has worked out the longer term implications. If he's handed in a transfer request though, I guess his goose is cooked. Wants to go out the big hero, top of the league and a winner against Man United isn't a bad way to go out though, is it!

He's out of contract at the end of this year anyway so Leeds will want to cash in on him before they lose him for nothing. Newcastle, or whoever he goes to, will pay about 2-2.5 million.

Newcastle have apparently made a final offer of 1.5m. for Beckford.

Kilbane reportedly going to Wolves.

Don't understand why he has put in a transfer request, as he can sign a pre-contract and secure his future now without moving. As it now stands, al Leeds supporters will know he's going and so will give him more grief and accuse him of not trying and possibly jeaprodise their chances of promotion. The only winners are newcastle as they will either get him for nothing or cheap.

Don't understand why he has put in a transfer request, as he can sign a pre-contract and secure his future now without moving. As it now stands, al Leeds supporters will know he's going and so will give him more grief and accuse him of not trying and possibly jeaprodise their chances of promotion. The only winners are newcastle as they will either get him for nothing or cheap.

Can't you (officially, at least!) only sign a pre contract with a foreign club? So he could sign for Rangers, for example, but no one in England?

Can't you (officially, at least!) only sign a pre contract with a foreign club? So he could sign for Rangers, for example, but no one in England?

You may be right, but I thought with employment contract law when you are within a certain time of the end of your contract you are entitled to secure future employment in order to ensure continuous employment. Either way innthe summer he will not be short of offers so will be able to pick and choose. Me thinks he could do with a better agent!

You may be right, but I thought with employment contract law when you are within a certain time of the end of your contract you are entitled to secure future employment in order to ensure continuous employment. Either way innthe summer he will not be short of offers so will be able to pick and choose. Me thinks he could do with a better agent!

I think it is 3 months but don't quote me on that

He doesn't get booed because of football abilities he gets booed because he is a billy big bollocks and whines like mad when he doesn't get the ball exactly where he wants it.

I watched Leeds a few times last season and thought he was a very good finisher but everything else in his game was holding him back.

Beckford asked to leave at the end of last season before the transfer window opened. As he only had one year left on his contract, the manager wanted him for that season because he knew he would struggle to find a replacement and said if they didnt get promoted he could leave on a free transfer, but they are looking like they will get promoted so im not sure what happens now?!

He doesn't get booed because of football abilities he gets booed because he is a billy big bollocks and whines like mad when he doesn't get the ball exactly where he wants it.

I watched Leeds a few times last season and thought he was a very good finisher but everything else in his game was holding him back.

I saw a Leeds game on the box last season and he seemed intent on not passing the ball to strike partner Trundle at all - he'd just shoot all the time from anywhere even if others were in a better position.

Reminds me of Lita in many ways and can't see Beckford being a success at a higher level either.

Is beckford young enough that if they offer him a contract but he refuses to sign it that it will go to a tribunal to determine the fee?

he is out of order I reckon, Leeds have been brilliant for him, all he has to do is see out the last few months and then go from there with dignity. Mind you I dont really have much sympathy for Leeds fans, who are a bunch of idiots as far as I can see.

Is beckford young enough that if they offer him a contract but he refuses to sign it that it will go to a tribunal to determine the fee?

he is out of order I reckon, Leeds have been brilliant for him, all he has to do is see out the last few months and then go from there with dignity. Mind you I dont really have much sympathy for Leeds fans, who are a bunch of idiots as far as I can see.

no, and he wasn't a youth product for Leeds having signed from Wealstone 3 or 4 years ago for 40k.

He's a good finisher but has a terrible first touch, I can't see him being anymore than a reasonable championship striker.

That's not a bad thing but I think Newcastle should be looking at better than him for the Premier League.

One thing he does have though is a determintation to prove himself, I've seen him play for wealdstone a few times and even then he wanted to show the world that he shouldn't be a forgotten lower league player.

I hope for his sake he gets a chance in the prem, he does have a fairly selfish attitude, but i think sometimes you need that to succeed in life.

I go to Elland rd With my best mate , quite often. huge leeds fan,

Watched the match in a pub with all the leed fans in my town,

They watch City With me i watch Leeds with them.

They ALL think Beckford is lazy, as stated if the balls not where he wants it he sulks and moans.

Also Newcastle know they'll get him whatever so its 1.5 mil now, or nowt in the summer.

Bates wont like being played so could be interesting.

Having spoken to a member of the LUFC squad last weekend at a party he told me that the Leeds players, in general, don't like Simon Grayson - they think he couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag and that they are only doing so well in the league due to the quality of the players at their disposal. Apparently JB isn't the only big name who is likely on their way out of Elland Road, be it now or in the summer.

Archived