IGNORED

Celebrating Goals When You're Not At The Game

Red_Jim

Mine too has to be the Mansfield game.

My old man and I had gone to Twickenahm on Corporate Hospitality for the England-South Africa game.

Managed to make it into the tent after the game just in time for the last 10 minutes. One minute we were 4-2 down, next I read 5-4 Bristol City-Leroy Lita.

Cos we had both been drinking all day we started running around in front of all these big wigs and depressed South Africans shouting all sorts of obscenities about Leroy Lita (good ones)

Topped off an already brilliant day.

Guest duncan james

has to b when i was in thailand and we beat cambridge 3-1~( i think) when that second goal went in jumped up shouting YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS! GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL and load of thais gathered round the pc to see what was going on very funny but great night after that !!!!!11

Not just at you oracle, but in general..

I can now see it appears that many of you fans have a history of giving up before the fat lady sings. One might have thought missing a match like Mansfield because you were peckered about being 2 goals down with 5 minutes to go and didn't feel strong enough to sit through 5 more minutes, would learn from your experiences, but as of late this has shown not to be the case! You guys gave up hope in the robins with 5 minutes left at Manfield, but you are already giving up hope on this entire season when there are still over 5 months left!

Got to say that I see your point but just from my perspective;

I have never and will never leave a match before the finish. And listening on the radio is never the same as really being there.

Got to say that I see your point but just from my perspective;

I have never and will never leave a match before the finish. And listening on the radio is never the same as really being there.

Like i said not meant directly at you, you just happened to be the last one to post it - i just figure if your working, and you have to work anyway, why take a break with minutes left ? :clap: Sure I was rueing our luck set to go out on a rainy (in New York) Saturday morning against the leagues bottom club, But there was always a good majority of me that sat there and listened intently, staring at the radio (as if that really does anything) knowing that something has got to happen, someone has got to convert... and When leroy was brought down and the tinman stepped up, I had no doubts!

You should see some of the things I've done here at university when my roomie is around - he goes home some weekend because he lives close but when he's around he's usually asleep so i revert into some kind of crazed pantomime performence - one of the highlights of which had to be Wilkshires goal earlier today

For the Mansfield game I was in Dumfries watching the mighty QOS. After they had won 3-0 I was still thoroughly depressed after hearing that City were losing 4-2 with seconds to go - I then got a phone call from a mate telling me that we had infact won 5-4. Cue me and my dad running through the streets of Dumfries jumping around and screaming..... :clap:

Not a City moment, but I remember World cup '98 V Argentina. If I remember rightly we were down to 10 men and with about 10 minutes to go, Sol Cambell put a bullet header into the net. I was out through the patio door and down the garden bellowing as loud as I ever have, only to get back to my seat to find that the goal had been disallowed for a infringement on the keeper. I thought too that the Argentinians had kicked off a bit quick.

Alas we all know the outcome.

Another moment..was in '93 England V Holland when Koeman fouled Platt when clean through....Penalty !! OFF OFF OFF. But not only was he just cautioned but a free kick was awarded.....And fate dealt a deathly blow when the same bloke scored from a cracker of a free kick to open the scoring in a 2-0 defeat and condemn us to another 4 years of world cup misery.

DID I NOT LIKE THAT!! :clap:

Guest peg_leg_greg

wel it was surely the mansfield game. I'm at rovers with my mates in the away that nite um they were playing umm ok not sure on that. but at the end it sed mansfield 4 - city - 2 n me n my fields r like "NOO ###### ######!!!" so afta a short journy home (that seemed to take a week) i get in my front room look for other results on skysports news, n my ma goes city won 5-4 n I'm like shut up dnt take the ###### n then suddenly on tv it comes up christianroberts and leroy lita with equaliser and winner n what not n i grabed my cat starteds dancing with it n my friends went out side singin city chants which isnt a good thing when most your neighbours r gasheads!!

Archived