IGNORED

Akinde Returns

JMBCFC

I hope Clarkson doesn't leave.. just beginning to see what he can do...

Whilst I accept that it is still relatively early days I can't understand why people on here are saying to give Clarkson more time yet are writing Saborio off.

Clarkson has been guilty of two glaring misses in his last two games, the one very early on against Watford in particular being an absolute sitter and to be honest I've seen nothing so far that makes me convinced that Clarkson (1 goal in 6 starts) is any more the answer to partner Maynard than Saborio (2 goals in 10 games) is.

Whilst I accept that it is still relatively early days I can't understand why people on here are saying to give Clarkson more time yet are writing Saborio off.

Clarkson has been guilty of two glaring misses in his last two games, the one very early on against Watford in particular being an absolute sitter and to be honest I've seen nothing so far that makes me convinced that Clarkson (1 goal in 6 starts) is any more the answer to partner Maynard than Saborio (2 goals in 10 games) is.

Sab and Sno will be gone at the end of season if not before, best play Maynard with Clarkson/Akinde players who will still be here next season :yes:

Well the offence was when he was playing for them, so why not.

I think it's a real make or break time with players at the moment. Gary has gone beyond the 'loyality' phrase and now doing a 'stocktake' and preparing for the future, and maybe similar is happening to him?

If it is a stocktake then we would need to call eyeryone back inclding Trundle :tumbleweed:

Clarkson will turn out to be a great signing for this club. No coincidence he was heavily involved in the first half performance at home to QPR that most agree we played our best football of the season in.

He's been sick, he's been injured, his natural fitness isn't great but when he reaches full fitness and gets a run of games he will score those chances you mention. Intelligent, skillful, good link play, holds the ball up - looks every inch a better version of Brooker to me.

Saborio I can't work out, yes he's scored a couple of scrappy goals but aside from that he looks weak and has a poor touch.

We'll wait and see I spose!

Clarkson will turn out to be a great signing for this club. No coincidence he was heavily involved in the first half performance at home to QPR that most agree we played our best football of the season in.

He's been sick, he's been injured, his natural fitness isn't great but when he reaches full fitness and gets a run of games he will score those chances you mention. Intelligent, skillful, good link play, holds the ball up - looks every inch a better version of Brooker to me.

Saborio I can't work out, yes he's scored a couple of scrappy goals but aside from that he looks weak and has a poor touch.

We'll wait and see I spose!

I seem to remember the similar type of thread when noble was here

Tbf, the first 3 games he started he played in the hole, not directly up top, and he was subbed after 45 mins against both QPR and Cardiff if I recall correctly, both of the decisions seeming strange and a little harsh. He's only just getting back to first team action and although he missed a guilt edged chance against Watford, I thought he linked well with Maynard and of course had that goal wrongly ruled out. I think that's why people want to see a bit more of him before they make their mind up.

Archived