IGNORED

Forest

awilko

What a run there on, 8 games in and they only had 1 win and were in 19th place, 13 points behind West Brom and i was wondering why Adebola went there, now after being unbeaten for 17 games and a great 3-1 win over West Brom there second, thats some achievment and thats what you call a run!!

Wonder if we could achieve that!!!

Very impressed by them tonight, outpassed, outthought and outfought West Brom for 60 minutes or so. Obviously after it went to 3-0 they eased off a bit, but never looked in serious danger of throwing it away. Say what you like about Davies, but he knows how to get teams into the playoffs and out of this league.

Very impressed by them tonight, outpassed, outthought and outfought West Brom for 60 minutes or so. Obviously after it went to 3-0 they eased off a bit, but never looked in serious danger of throwing it away. Say what you like about Davies, but he knows how to get teams into the playoffs and out of this league.

My concern if I was a Florest fan would be that the 2 other clubs he has managed successfully in this league are now in financially meltdown, Preston have no money at all (and had no promotion to show for it) and Derby have been in a financial mess and all they had to show for it was an awful season in the Premier League.

What Davies does and he is doing it at Forest is get the clubs to buy the best and gamble on getting in the Premier League to repay what they have spent this has backfired at both Preston and Derby.

As much as i would love to see City in the Premier League i wouldn't want the mess that preston and derby are in as a result, I work with a preston and a derby fan and both do not have a good work to say about Davies despite the success he brought them.

It is a big gamble that he can walk away from but leaves the club and fans picking up the pieces

My concern if I was a Florest fan would be that the 2 other clubs he has managed successfully in this league are now in financially meltdown, Preston have no money at all (and had no promotion to show for it) and Derby have been in a financial mess and all they had to show for it was an awful season in the Premier League.

What Davies does and he is doing it at Forest is get the clubs to buy the best and gamble on getting in the Premier League to repay what they have spent this has backfired at both Preston and Derby.

As much as i would love to see City in the Premier League i wouldn't want the mess that preston and derby are in as a result, I work with a preston and a derby fan and both do not have a good work to say about Davies despite the success he brought them.

It is a big gamble that he can walk away from but leaves the club and fans picking up the pieces

Difference being at Forest that he isn't allowed to get his fingers in the cookie jar - all transfers have to be sanctioned through a committee, preventing him buying the likes of Claude Davies for £3M. He's a great manager it seems, despite being a bit of a *****, but he needs managing himself - Forest's owner is a wealthy man and is prepared to spend, but only on players who will appreciate in value, hence being prepared to spend big money on the likes of Gunter.

Difference being at Forest that he isn't allowed to get his fingers in the cookie jar - all transfers have to be sanctioned through a committee, preventing him buying the likes of Claude Davies for £3M. He's a great manager it seems, despite being a bit of a *****, but he needs managing himself - Forest's owner is a wealthy man and is prepared to spend, but only on players who will appreciate in value, hence being prepared to spend big money on the likes of Gunter.

Is David Pleat still on that committee? Certainly BD has spent big money (fees and wages) but has still regularly complained he has not been given enough! Given what you say about the owner it seems odd they agreed to pay Dele £15k a week for 2 years.

The main differences at Forest are that he doesn't have as much say as he would like in the amount of money being spent and the fact that he has a number of young players in his FIRST TEAM. The way they played last night for an hour was fantastic and was light years ahead of the type/style of football we see at Ashton Gate on a regular basis - compare that against our meek surrender at West Brom, a team that have lost four of their last five home games since they annihilated us. In fact, apart from 45 minutes against QPR earlier this season, we haven't seen football like that for at least two years. If Keith Millen was watching perhaps he would have noted that Forest like to get their wide players (both full backs and Anderson the winger) to the BYE-LINE before delivering a cross, a point clearly echoed by the match summariser, thus rendering his width is myth statement a complete load of b0ll0ck$.

The main differences at Forest are that he doesn't have as much say as he would like in the amount of money being spent and the fact that he has a number of young players in his FIRST TEAM. The way they played last night for an hour was fantastic and was light years ahead of the type/style of football we see at Ashton Gate on a regular basis - compare that against our meek surrender at West Brom, a team that have lost four of their last five home games since they annihilated us. In fact, apart from 45 minutes against QPR earlier this season, we haven't seen football like that for at least two years. If Keith Millen was watching perhaps he would have noted that Forest like to get their wide players (both full backs and Anderson the winger) to the BYE-LINE before delivering a cross, a point clearly echoed by the match summariser, thus rendering his width is myth statement a complete load of b0ll0ck$.

At last you have said it all Forest got what they did by going at Albion it was a joy to watch ,Calderwood was the man to get them out of the shite that is League one but job done thanks and goodbye.The mixture of youth and ok a varied selection of strikers with skill and pace show's what a pile of dull lifeless crap we have endured for getting on for 2 season's ....I WENT TO fOREST where to be fair we grabbed a good point which proberly annoyed them coming in injury time,normally go to WBA but after the last drubbing and total cave in i gave this seasons repeat performance a wide berth.I agree the 45 mins against QPR got a very lucky win apart from the Boro win which on their season's performance ie losing to Plymouth at home who were bloody dire at Ashton gate, most home games have been boring crap unless you enjoy losing to a Sheffield Utd side who proberly thought Xmas came early with 3 gift wrapped goals.As for Millen learning anything fat chance proberly didn't even know there was a game on ,the bloke should have buggered off when the Fall guy cheap option Brian Tinnion was fired (oh for a player like Tins now ???) The quality of passing and control by both teams on a bad night was fantastic the interplay and passing of 1 Forest goal was what football is all about. You can't play well every game which people will accept, but don't try and bulls##t fans who know what they are watching game after game that these turgid boring non-events are what should be accepted as football.

What a run there on, 8 games in and they only had 1 win and were in 19th place, 13 points behind West Brom and i was wondering why Adebola went there, now after being unbeaten for 17 games and a great 3-1 win over West Brom there second, thats some achievment and thats what you call a run!!

Wonder if we could achieve that!!!

absolutely no chance of us achieving that sort of run.

Forest are everything that we are not, they bought quality players who are performing week in week out, we bought average players (apart from Hartley) who are not performing consistently, Blackstock was the best forward I saw last season.

The WBA goal was the first that Forest have conceded for ages.

Forest 2nd goal came from a cross from the byline, do you remember us scoring such a goal????????????, I'd settle for a cross let alone a goal.

Forest were very motivated and competitive, we are not.

absolutely no chance of us achieving that sort of run.

Forest are everything that we are not, they bought quality players who are performing week in week out, we bought average players (apart from Hartley) who are not performing consistently, Blackstock was the best forward I saw last season.

The WBA goal was the first that Forest have conceded for ages.

Forest 2nd goal came from a cross from the byline, do you remember us scoring such a goal????????????, I'd settle for a cross let alone a goal.

Forest were very motivated and competitive, we are not.

Blackstock is a good player can't see why QPR sold him along with Tyson,Earnshaw and Dele they have various options ,my mate a PNE fan was gutted when they sold McKenna to Forest .Paul Hartley is our best signing so far his drive and leadership is sadly lacking in most cole skuse exception to the rest,we have no chance with so many under performing players and some just clearly not good enough to put a Forest run together let alone our dull lifeless football.

Blackstock is a good player can't see why QPR sold him along with Tyson,Earnshaw and Dele they have various options ,my mate a PNE fan was gutted when they sold McKenna to Forest .Paul Hartley is our best signing so far his drive and leadership is sadly lacking in most cole skuse exception to the rest,we have no chance with so many under performing players and some just clearly not good enough to put a Forest run together let alone our dull lifeless football.

McKenna is the main reason they are performing so well. He is a much better player than Hartley, mainly because of Hartley's age. He would easily hold his own in the Premier League. I'd go as far to say that if McKenna played for us we would be in the play offs.

Davies has bought extremely well, much better than Johnson. I doubt he's spent much more than GJ over the last couple of years. He's got great competition for places in nearly every position. Most games, at least 2/3 of their subs would get into our first team, Adebola included.

I was gutted about the west brom game, i was down the bookies on friday and saw 8/1 odds for forrest to win, i told my mate i fancied that and he went on for about 25 minutes telling me why WB would win the game, i finally gave in and bet on portsmouth and tottenham to win their games, which were both called off.

Later sat in a bar friday night watched forest rattle in 3, and couldnt help but think i might as well of wiped my arse with the £90 i would have won if i hadnt of listened to my know nothing mate.

AND he refused to buy me a drink!! :bruce_h4h:

I was gutted about the west brom game, i was down the bookies on friday and saw 8/1 odds for forrest to win, i told my mate i fancied that and he went on for about 25 minutes telling me why WB would win the game, i finally gave in and bet on portsmouth and tottenham to win their games, which were both called off.

Later sat in a bar friday night watched forest rattle in 3, and couldnt help but think i might as well of wiped my arse with the £90 i would have won if i hadnt of listened to my know nothing mate.

Not calling you a liar but surely Forest were never 8/1 to win last night? That's the sort of odds that Portsmouth get when playing Manchested United! If it was true I wish I'd known about it. They've got a great team there.

McKenna is the main reason they are performing so well. He is a much better player than Hartley, mainly because of Hartley's age. He would easily hold his own in the Premier League. I'd go as far to say that if McKenna played for us we would be in the play offs.

Davies has bought extremely well, much better than Johnson. I doubt he's spent much more than GJ over the last couple of years. He's got great competition for places in nearly every position. Most games, at least 2/3 of their subs would get into our first team, Adebola included.

I thought McKenna was the same age as Harts?? Not really comparing like for like either McKenna is moredefensive, box-to-box type than creative. Great Championship player but won't feature much in the PL if Forest go up. IMHO.

My concern if I was a Florest fan would be that the 2 other clubs he has managed successfully in this league are now in financially meltdown, Preston have no money at all (and had no promotion to show for it) and Derby have been in a financial mess and all they had to show for it was an awful season in the Premier League.What Davies does and he is doing it at Forest is get the clubs to buy the best and gamble on getting in the Premier League to repay what they have spent this has backfired at both Preston and Derby.

Tbf, when he got Derby promoted it was an excellent achievment and with virtually no money to spend in the summer he was sacked after a poor start to the season, so I don't think you can really blame him for Derby's mess. I believe Billy Davies is a fantastic, and SENSIBLE amanger, he never talks of overachieving and even now with Forest plays down whether or not they will go up. A very intelligent man and manager in my book.

Tbf, when he got Derby promoted it was an excellent achievment and with virtually no money to spend in the summer he was sacked after a poor start to the season, so I don't think you can really blame him for Derby's mess. I believe Billy Davies is a fantastic, and SENSIBLE amanger, he never talks of overachieving and even now with Forest plays down whether or not they will go up. A very intelligent man and manager in my book.

Agree 100% with this - Davies is not a glamour/big name manager but is a bloody good one at Championship level. Forest have clearly leap-frogged us in the time he has been there and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get promoted this year. If they do he would a strong candidate for any 'manager of the season' awards going, comparing his budgets with those at Newcastle, WBA, Boro etc.

Forest were 3/1 last night, not 8/1

3-0 up and yet he put on another striker in Tyson on 60 mins, and even at 3-1 and he takes a striker off (Blackstock) but unlike GJ puts another striker on (Adebola) thats the difference, he didnt go to shut up shop like GJ and put on defensive players and end up sitting back to deep and then ineveitably conceed, he said this is how we set up and im sticking to it.

Forest were 3/1 last night, not 8/1

My bad, it was probably more like 6/1 - William Hill online betting on the friday. I know it was something ridiculously generous and couldnt (cant) be arsed to check out exactly what it was. But they definately had very good odds and i was extremely gutted id didnt ccash in.

By all reports considerably more, not least on wages. Adebola is reportedly on £15k a week for 2 years and they are paying big bucks to the likes of Gunter and Shorey. Apart from having much bigger gates than us their owner is bankrolling their push (not so long ago they were £25m in debt). Yet, as I say above, Davies has gone public several times saying he has not been given enough; though unsurprisingly he has gone quiet during their current run. :innocent06:

The difference for Forest is that the club is miles away from financial meltdown and the club owes money only to one man - Doughty - and he owns the club. I think Davies has spent about 6 mill since he joined Forest and I don't think that is crazy money for a big club like Forest.

I reckon Doughty has finally found a decent manager after appointing a string of utterly useless ****s. If they go up I reckon they'll stay for the long term again. They'll not win anything but they'll be steady. Looking at the Prem table today I put Forest as potentially 'bigger' than all the teams currently sitting from 8th to 20th, excluding Everton of course.

By all reports considerably more, not least on wages. Adebola is reportedly on £15k a week for 2 years and they are paying big bucks to the likes of Gunter and Shorey. Apart from having much bigger gates than us their owner is bankrolling their push (not so long ago they were £25m in debt). Yet, as I say above, Davies has gone public several times saying he has not been given enough; though unsurprisingly he has gone quiet during their current run. :innocent06:

Why open your big fat gob when your team's football is doing the talking? A few of us would like to see similar in this part of the world!!!

3-0 up and yet he put on another striker in Tyson on 60 mins, and even at 3-1 and he takes a striker off (Blackstock) but unlike GJ puts another striker on (Adebola) thats the difference, he didnt go to shut up shop like GJ and put on defensive players and end up sitting back to deep and then ineveitably conceed, he said this is how we set up and im sticking to it.

Please explain when GJ has put on defensive players to shut up shop.

Please explain when GJ has put on defensive players to shut up shop.

There have been a number of games this season when we have been winning, were relatively comfortable (defending on the edge of our own box granted!!) and yet we have thrown points away following needless substitutions. Preston away and quite a few home games spring to mind.

There have been a number of games this season when we have been winning, were relatively comfortable (defending on the edge of our own box granted!!) and yet we have thrown points away following needless substitutions. Preston away and quite a few home games spring to mind.

True, but do we know that GJ has told the players to shut up shop.

His substitutions have not been to bring on defenders for attackers (except for the obvious Fontaine for Clarkson following Nyatanga's dismissal against Watford), contrary to what is often posted on here.

In many instances I would suggest that the substitutions were made to bring on fresh legs.

Whether such substitutions were the reasons for conceding, is open to opinion.

True, but do we know that GJ has told the players to shut up shop.

His substitutions have not been to bring on defenders for attackers (except for the obvious Fontaine for Clarkson following Nyatanga's dismissal against Watford), contrary to what is often posted on here.

In many instances I would suggest that the substitutions were made to bring on fresh legs.

Whether such substitutions were the reasons for conceding, is open to opinion.

I agree with your last point. However, my opinion as a general rule is that if the team are defending comfortably and you have eleven men used to the pace of the game on the park and all putting the effort in then don't make a change. I would prefer to see substitutions made that try and effect a game when required (i.e. we are drawing or losing and need to get a goal), to replace a player having a nightmare, to correct tactical imbalances (this seems to be something GJ has to do too often), for bad injuries obviously or to give youngsters some experience when we are winning a game comfortably (but unfortunately the latter never happens because we are never in that winning position).

Bringing on fresh legs for the sake of it is not something I particularly like to see (unless players go into a game carrying a minor injury or pick up a knock during the game itself and you don't want them to play the full 90 minutes) because it normally takes a player 5-10 minutes to get used to the pace of the game and in professional football you only need one player "sleeping" to concede a vital goal.

Archived