IGNORED

Paul Hartley Interview

Dynamite Red

http://www.football-league.co.uk/champions...2248204_1927584

CITY BOY SETS TWIN TARGETS

Bristol City midfielder Paul Hartley has a dual aim as he heads into 2010 - to help the Robins fly up to the Premier League and to claim a place in the Scotland squad now under the charge of his former Heart of Midlothian Manager Craig Levein.

Hartley was signed by Levein from St Johnstone in 2003, the manager subsequently moving on to Leicester City then heading back to Scotland and - after managing Dundee United for three years - taking over as the national team boss last month.

Hartley meanwhile switched to Celtic in a £1.1million move in January 2007, following which he twice helped the Bhoys win the Scottish Premier League and also collected winners' medals in both the Scottish FA and League Cups.

Now the 33-year-old midfield man, after leaving Celtic Park for Ashton Gate last summer, is bringing all of his guile and experience to Bristol City's promotion bid while looking to add to his 22 international caps.

Ahead of City's Coca-Cola Championship game at Crystal Palace on Saturday the Robins are lying 12th in the table, five points below the Play-Off places - but with almost half the season remaining, says Hartley, promotion is still a real possibility.

"We've got 22 games left," he pointed out, "and if we can get a run going there's every chance of ending up in the Play-Offs. If we can stop conceding late goals and start converting draws into wins, we can do it.

"I don't think there's too much between the teams at the top and the ones at the bottom. In the SPL you know that most years it's going to be Celtic or Rangers who'll win the League, but the Championship is a lot more competitive and harder to call.

"I'm really enjoying playing for Bristol, though. They're a progressive club who could definitely get up to the Premier League, and with the squad we have at the moment, perhaps with one or two additions, I feel that we are good enough."

Performing well for the Robins, particularly if they do indeed reach the top flight, would do no harm to Hartley's chances of lengthening his international career. "I may be 33," he said, "but I'm still hungry to achieve more.

"I've not come to Bristol just to see out the last few years of my career, I've come to help them get to the next level. And I'm still ambitious to play for my country, so hopefully Craig Levein will take note if I'm performing well enough for my club."

http://www.football-league.co.uk/champions...2248204_1927584

CITY BOY SETS TWIN TARGETS

Bristol City midfielder Paul Hartley has a dual aim as he heads into 2010 - to help the Robins fly up to the Premier League and to claim a place in the Scotland squad now under the charge of his former Heart of Midlothian Manager Craig Levein.

Hartley was signed by Levein from St Johnstone in 2003, the manager subsequently moving on to Leicester City then heading back to Scotland and - after managing Dundee United for three years - taking over as the national team boss last month.

Hartley meanwhile switched to Celtic in a £1.1million move in January 2007, following which he twice helped the Bhoys win the Scottish Premier League and also collected winners' medals in both the Scottish FA and League Cups.

Now the 33-year-old midfield man, after leaving Celtic Park for Ashton Gate last summer, is bringing all of his guile and experience to Bristol City's promotion bid while looking to add to his 22 international caps.

Ahead of City's Coca-Cola Championship game at Crystal Palace on Saturday the Robins are lying 12th in the table, five points below the Play-Off places - but with almost half the season remaining, says Hartley, promotion is still a real possibility.

"We've got 22 games left," he pointed out, "and if we can get a run going there's every chance of ending up in the Play-Offs. If we can stop conceding late goals and start converting draws into wins, we can do it.

"I don't think there's too much between the teams at the top and the ones at the bottom. In the SPL you know that most years it's going to be Celtic or Rangers who'll win the League, but the Championship is a lot more competitive and harder to call.

"I'm really enjoying playing for Bristol, though. They're a progressive club who could definitely get up to the Premier League, and with the squad we have at the moment, perhaps with one or two additions, I feel that we are good enough."

Performing well for the Robins, particularly if they do indeed reach the top flight, would do no harm to Hartley's chances of lengthening his international career. "I may be 33," he said, "but I'm still hungry to achieve more.

"I've not come to Bristol just to see out the last few years of my career, I've come to help them get to the next level. And I'm still ambitious to play for my country, so hopefully Craig Levein will take note if I'm performing well enough for my club."

Blimey, this statement has been rattled our a fair few times over the last coulple of months!

Archived