IGNORED

Stewards Down The Gate

Guest d.sugar

Guest d.sugar

i was down the gate today and spoke to one of stewards down there that i knew

and asked him what all the handbags was all about after the game on saturday.

Eastend :dunno::dunno::dunno::o

he said the young lad who jump over the boards caught a LITTLE KID IN THE FACE and a couple off fans started getting narky and the stewards tried to stop them from fighting and the young lad who got on the pitch started getting chopsy and went for one of the stewards thats y he was led away that way :rolleyes::wacko:

this is there story not mine

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

i was down the gate today and spoke to one of stewards down there that i knew

and asked him what all the handbags was all about after the game on saturday.

Eastend  :dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:  :o

he said the young lad who jump over the boards caught a LITTLE KID IN THE FACE and a couple off fans started getting narky and the stewards tried to stop them from fighting and the young lad who got on the pitch started getting chopsy and went for one of the stewards thats y he was led away that way  :rolleyes:  :wacko:

this is there story  not mine

:dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:

there were a few incidents that were questionable by one steward

who was intent on give fans a hard time. now the club set the rules

that no one is to go on the pitch ''fair enough'' but you will get the

odd 1 or 2 that will break the rule now when this happens it is how

you deal with it, some have said the kid spat at the steward if so

out of order yes, and in my mind i'd like to give him a good kicking

but you can't if your working as a responsible steward or security

guard now the steward went ott in his ejection of the kid and this the

same steward that had ago at a diabled 60 year old for putting new

batteries in his camera near in the east end. all i'm saying

the punishment must fit the crime. this steward allowed people

on the pitch then decided not to, AND i know they were breifed

before the game if people ran on the pitch leave them don't touch

them. (from a stewards own mouth). i know a few from work who

have agreed my point and the steward is out of order.

as for the on the pitch rule hmmm a bit silly.

now as for this end of season rule of being on the pitch i find it sad

that you spend money and time following your team and all you

want to do is run on the pitch and give your hereos a pat on the

back remember 1976, but that is what a end of season party

should be about and to stand in the east end hearing city fans shout

out your just a bunch of ######s just because they were on the pitch,

baring in mind there were small kids, one of 5 years old kicking a ball

in to the net,, i find very sad and proves just how much this club has changed..

I see where you're coming from cider head, but in my opinion I'll only take that view if they're heavy handed after the game against Hartlepool.

The season wasn't over last Saturday. The people in the stands knew that, and we have to think of the pitch. That isn't a cliche, it's true. We don't want a load of ruts in the pitch because there was a pitch invasion that didn't have to happen.... yet

:dunno: I was talking to a friend who rang the club to complain about one of the stewards,and they told him that what he had rang about was already being investigated, which was that one of the stewards was actually beckoning to fan's to go on the pitch,they have had this reported to them by several independant witness's,but I expect it will be brushed away under the carpet as was my valid complaint about stewards looking for trouble, :rolleyes::wacko::dunno::dunno::dunno:

I see where you're coming from cider head, but in my opinion I'll only take that view if they're heavy handed after the game against Hartlepool.

The season wasn't over last Saturday. The people in the stands knew that, and we have to think of the pitch. That isn't a cliche, it's true. We don't want a load of ruts in the pitch because there was a pitch invasion that didn't have to happen.... yet

yeah fair shout, like you said our season ain't over yet :rolleyes:

Guest pirate

Ok. Maybe if stupid kids didn't get on the pitch in the first place there wouldn't be this trouble. I believe once a fan gets on the pitch it is the stewards job to do everything he can off of it, if this includes violence so be it, the stupid fan shouldn't have jumped on in the first place. I have no pity for the ignorant kid whatsoever and fairplay to the steward.

Most of the stewards at the gate are failed policemen or bouncers who have a huge chip on the shoulders. Most of them cannot string two words together without swearing.

There is away right way to handle fans who invade the pitch and the way it was handle on saturday was incorrect, did anyone see the how police handle the situation totally different.

Sorry pirate, but pirate, but your comments are incorrect.

Ok. Maybe if stupid kids didn't get on the pitch in the first place there wouldn't be this trouble. I believe once a fan gets on the pitch it is the stewards job to do everything he can off of it, if this includes violence so be it, the stupid fan shouldn't have jumped on in the first place. I have no pity for the ignorant kid whatsoever and fairplay to the steward.

don't be a ###### all your life :grr:

fight fire with petrol and you make things worse.

Archived