IGNORED

Full Backs

Esmond Million's Bung

I can't believe how poor our full backs are, The only real danger from Cardiff so far has been because of our totally inadequate full backs. Orr cannot even successfully complete a 5 metre pass and his challenge for his booking on this pitch was pathetic, Mcallister is past his sell by date and yet another totally unnecessary booking.

Our problems are'nt width they are full backs not fit for purpose.

Even when Orr does manage to complete a pass to one of his own, it's usually a hospital pass, I can't believe that it is possible to be so bad at passing a ball.

yep when orr had his radio rant he said he was working on his final ball, well he has never improved his passing in all the seasons ive watched him, it was poor when he came and still poor poss worse now as he has now added stepovers to his game.. thinks he is better than he is thats why he wanted transfer a while back but no interest ln him. fullbacks are our biggest waste of possession, and you cant get away with that at championship level.

I can't believe how poor our full backs are, The only real danger from Cardiff so far has been because of our totally inadequate full backs. Orr cannot even successfully complete a 5 metre pass and his challenge for his booking on this pitch was pathetic, Mcallister is past his sell by date and yet another totally unnecessary booking.

Our problems are'nt width they are full backs not fit for purpose.

The conditions tonight were not the best, however, yet again we are punished for a mistake.

Our two long standing full backs are consistantly not coming up to the mark. Orr`s passing is constantly dreadful and McCallister is constantly getting caught out showboating. He is not good enough to showboat. Apart from all that, they both get booked far too much. It must be time for the youngsters to show what they can do especially Ribiero.

We need full backs who can overlap and produce quality crosses in a 352 formation and who can get back and defend when the opposition got the ball. Two decent full backs will be able to overcome the width mystery. Currently we do not have that in the first team, but we may have that in the reserves.

Although I am pleased with the draw, The league game against Cardiff in a few weeks is far more important.

It's true that neither of them look that impressive, however without wingers infront of them they tend to look more exposed and open to attack and exploitation by the opposition's wide players. If we played with more width then they might have a bit more protection and be able to get their game together. :dunno:

Macca's developed a really bad habit of heading it back into his own area when under pressure, cost us a goal against Watford and nearly cost us tonight. They were both poor but what worried me was our lack of movement generally.Hardly the type of game to comment on too much though.

Oh and i thought Marv had a good game.And Danny Haynes. Good to see big John back too. Someone wake Clarkie up or he'll be back on the high road. :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h:

Did anyone notice Orr clear the ball which Gerken clearly shouted for in the first half? Dean did not look happy with him.

I have always said that Orr is a good Championship class defender with a good first touch and a very poor second one!! But recently he has taken it upon himself to go round bollocking players left, right and centre and seems to have fogotten to undertake the defensive duties that keep him in the team. His covering of Carey is normally top notch but hasn't been for a few weeks now and he is getting into terrible defensive positions. As you say Gerken's shout for that ball could have been heard miles away but Orr had a brainstorm and kicked it away. His crossing and passing last night would be embarrassing to a mediocre parks player proving that players like him should forget childish rants on radio stations and actually use actions to speak louder.

As for our guaranteed starter, McAllister, there isn't much more to say than he is deteriortaing rapidly by the game and needs replacing.

Our current full backs just do not contribute enough going forward.

Through my rose titnted specs, our full backs always used to bomb forward and help out the midfield/wingers far more often. Ala Martin Scott, Darren Barnard, Mickey Bell, Jim Brennan... These all used to be far more involved in the attacking play compared to our current full backs, interlinking with far greater effect with players such as Tinnion, Murray etc. In the process, creating far more assists than their counterparts of today.

This is definitely an area that needs some consideration IMO.

Bradley does have his flaws but is IMO a very good RB at this level.

Just ask his fellow pros who voted him in the team of the year.

I dont think we have any other player as passionate as him and I always notice he makes a special effort to clap off all 4 stands win lose or draw.

Bradley does have his flaws but is IMO a very good RB at this level.

Just ask his fellow pros who voted him in the team of the year.

I dont think we have any other player as passionate as him and I always notice he makes a special effort to clap off all 4 stands win lose or draw.

I agree. But his mind doesn't seem to be on the job right now although he is not playing as badly as the other full back. The time is right to give Ribiero a go in our back four - we can't have players handed a first team shirt on a silver plate.

Archived