IGNORED

Baffling

Ron

After 5 years as an ST holder I haven't had the good fortune to get to any home league games with City this season due to money and University issues, and tonight's game is the first I've seen in any format since Newcastle away in early October. I've had to rely on the description on OTIB as to our performances and I wasn't expecting much after nothing but doom and gloom in the past 6-8 weeks.

I have to say, I don't think we were too bad. We were rather toothless up front, but our passing was tidy and we rarely looked troubled at the back bar two ridiculous defensive laps, against a very strong Cardiff front-line. Our width wasn't bad and in general we kept the ball on the deck well throughout the game.

It wasn't a great performance, but it really wasn't bad, especially in terrible conditions. Some of the words I've heard used to describe it - again - make me wonder if it really has been that bad before today. We're not far away from being a very good Championship side on tonight's showing.. As I've said, we were very rarely troubled and kept the ball well. The killer ball is what's missing, because we've got the personnel to put it away. Add that in to tonight's showing and we'd be laughing.

I agree and hate the moaners so won't bother to write on their threads.

I thought in general we looked OK. We started strong and looked good when Hartley was on the ball. Skuse looked strong and without doing much Maynard and Haynes looked lively. Liam Fontaine also had a solid game and looked quality.

However, I thought McCombe looked shakey and his reading of the game and positional play wasn't good. And Elliot looked a bit marooned and struggled to get in the game.

In all, I thought it was better than previous weekd and I look forward to the Preston game on Saturday!

haha, i agree tho macs looked very shaky lately, hopefully its just a poor spell because he is capable of playing adequitely at this level.

We need someone to replace him through this patch of poor form, it will also give him an incentive to improve.

When was the last time he was forced out of the team without being injured or suspended out of curiosity?

I do feel the need for one negative. I was a big fan of McAllister in League 1 but haven't rated him since we were promoted, even in 2007/8 he didn't look adequate and has been badly exposed on many an occasion in this division... No great surprise when you consider he played most of his football on the left-wing, and certainly something that needs addressing with the departure of Blackman.

After 5 years as an ST holder I haven't had the good fortune to get to any home league games with City this season due to money and University issues, and tonight's game is the first I've seen in any format since Newcastle away in early October. I've had to rely on the description on OTIB as to our performances and I wasn't expecting much after nothing but doom and gloom in the past 6-8 weeks.

I have to say, I don't think we were too bad. We were rather toothless up front, but our passing was tidy and we rarely looked troubled at the back bar two ridiculous defensive laps, against a very strong Cardiff front-line. Our width wasn't bad and in general we kept the ball on the deck well throughout the game.

It wasn't a great performance, but it really wasn't bad, especially in terrible conditions. Some of the words I've heard used to describe it - again - make me wonder if it really has been that bad before today. We're not far away from being a very good Championship side on tonight's showing.. As I've said, we were very rarely troubled and kept the ball well. The killer ball is what's missing, because we've got the personnel to put it away. Add that in to tonight's showing and we'd be laughing.

Unfortunately, we're rather toothless every single game. The approach play is ok, the defence has mixed games, but up front we're consistent (consistently toothless!!)

You see your problem is that you didn't turn up with pre-conceptions of how we play. You are right in my opinion, we didn't have the final ball but apart from that we played pretty well. I actually think in those conditions we should have clipped the ball over the top more often and made the defenders turn. We actually tried to play too much football at times. Elliott played better than I have seen for a while and Fonts and Carey were excellent.

Personally I think Gerken is an accident waiting to happen, until he went walkabout again they didn't really look like scoring. If I could make one change on Saturday I would give Henderson a chance to prove himself.

Archived