IGNORED

Refs And Saborio...

Super Scotty Murray

Is it just me or do all referees seem to have a problem with Saborio? Every time he plays he seems to get about 5-10 free kicks given against him for seemingly nothing and yet centre backs can man-handle him with no punishment?

Today, he got booked for having a shot when offside, deemed time wasting, yet both Parkin and Haynes did exactly the same thing earlier in the game without punishment??

Problem is, if he cannot play his natural game, he is going to lose any little confidence he has left. Every time he plays he is left remonstrating with officials and I just want to know if I am missing something?

Maybe I am just being biased but from what I see the only reason that refs do this is because he is a South American and they are prejudiced against him.

Is it just me or do all referees seem to have a problem with Saborio? Every time he plays he seems to get about 5-10 free kicks given against him for seemingly nothing and yet centre backs can man-handle him with no punishment?

Today, he got booked for having a shot when offside, deemed time wasting, yet both Parkin and Haynes did exactly the same thing earlier in the game without punishment??

Problem is, if he cannot play his natural game, he is going to lose any little confidence he has left. Every time he plays he is left remonstrating with officials and I just want to know if I am missing something?

Maybe I am just being biased but from what I see the only reason that refs do this is because he is a South American and they are prejudiced against him.

What a ridiculous comment. rofl2br.gif

It does seem to be a pattern. On the subject of the referee, what a total dick that bloke was today. Under different circumstances he'd have deserved lynching. He was alright for the opening 30 mins, but after that he was unbelievable. The only blemish on an enjoyable afternoon!

It does seem to be a pattern. On the subject of the referee, what a total dick that bloke was today. Under different circumstances he'd have deserved lynching. He was alright for the opening 30 mins, but after that he was unbelievable. The only blemish on an enjoyable afternoon!

Too right, he was utter rubbish, he had it in for Saborio, missed numerous handballs and certainly allowed PNE to get away with loads of shirt pulling and petty fouling.

I swear the ref and the two linesman went down with a mysterious virus and we ended up with a ref plucked from the downs league. The bloke was a clown he booked hartley for winning the ball he then gets fouled and awards preston the freekick. Fatty fouled fontaine the ref blows up fatty continues to put the ball past gerkin saborio does the same yellow card. Then there was the countless times the fatties up front had there arms hands and elbows all over our defenders all afternoon i think he spotted about 3 of them and the most annoying thing was the amount of times he gave us a freekick when we already had the ball and stopped us counter attacking. PLAY the advantage you fool. RANT OVER

super_scotty_murray, on 16 January 2010 - 06:52 PM, said:

What a ridiculous comment. rofl2br.gif

Not ridiculous at all. As i was reading super_scotty_murray's thread i was thinking exactly the same thing. I think there is an element of prejudice in all football league referees.

Some might say he deserved the booking. It was abundantly clear before he took his shot at goal that he looked across to the linesman who had flagged. It was therefore obvious to the ref that there was no need to give him the benefit of any doubt.

On the other hand, playing devils advocate, you shouldn't stop playing for a linesman's flag, only the whistle. The ref couldn't be 100% he had heard it.

super_scotty_murray, on 16 January 2010 - 06:52 PM, said:

Not ridiculous at all. As i was reading super_scotty_murray's thread i was thinking exactly the same thing. I think there is an element of prejudice in all football league referees.

AGAIN - What a ridiculous comment. rofl2br.gif

Some might say he deserved the booking. It was abundantly clear before he took his shot at goal that he looked across to the linesman who had flagged. It was therefore obvious to the ref that there was no need to give him the benefit of any doubt.

On the other hand, playing devils advocate, you shouldn't stop playing for a linesman's flag, only the whistle. The ref couldn't be 100% he had heard it.

I thought the ref was a bit late with the whistle, seemed to me the shot was only a split second after it sounded. There was a moment where everyone knew he was off but the whistle hadn't sounded I believe and a footballer must always play to the whistle - if he'd stopped on the basis of the flag alone he'd have been rightly slaughtered for it.

Archived