IGNORED

Man Of The Match Result Vs Pne

Blagdon red

It could have easily been Hartley that was man of the match as he was flawless all game, he is quality.

Sproule got it as he resembles the change in formation and the reason why we had such attacking prowess. He was a willing runner and found lots of good positions in the second half and I would back him for MOTM.

Just needs to work on his final product but like other little quick winger, i.e Lennon and SWP, it seems like this is always a problem for them.

Guest bigcheese

Was good to see Ivan use his pace effectively and with an end result, good stuff.

Carey as ever played well, good to see him in position 3.

Hartley lost the beard which has to be a bad omen but as ever played well, you would not want to mess with him!

(Why was the ref and linesman all about 5 foot tall and about 20 years old?)

For me, no coincidence that our too best performances of the season (this and the 3-1 win at Leicester) have been the two games that Ivan Sproule started. I thought he gave a very intelligent performance today, tracking back when necessary and making the right decisions when going forward. In the second half, Preston were having to put two men on him (the no 25 dropped back to cover every time Ivan got the ball, and don't forget that Davidson is one of the most experienced left backs in the division). Hartley was superb throughout and made three of the goals, but for me Ivan made things happen. He stretches defences and creates space inside by dragging players out wide. For heaven's sake, give him a run, and stick with 4-4-2 (McAllister fully justified his selection on the left side of midfield).

I thought he gave a very intelligent performance today, tracking back when necessary and making the right decisions when going forward.

His tracking back is certainly a bonus to the team. I can still picture him at Burnley a couple of seasons ago chasing about 60 yards at astonishing speed to break up an attack.

But I still think he could be a more effective winger if he ran forward into space more often, rather than hanging back to collect the ball. He did it sometimes yesterday, but there were still many times when he didn't anticipate what might happen. He's clearly being told to run into the space (not least by his own teammates on at least half a dozen occasions yesterday), and is better than he used to be. But he would be so much more effective if he did it more often.

Still, certainly a good performance yesterday, and there's no doubt left backs are terrified by his pace. Lets hope he has a good run.

Isn't online 1 Man Of The Match.For me all players are the "Man's of the match for City - Preston".

In finally btc was playing verry good.We need 2-3 win succesive.

app: The new theme is awseome.Great theme.Good work for webmaster's!

Archived