IGNORED

Ryan Harley

Nogbad the Bad

Good to see Exeter beating Leeds yesterday and former City youngster Ryan Harley getting both goals.

You'd imagine there might be a bit of interest in him from bigger clubs - left footed goalscoring midfield players are hard to find at any level.

There was a time when he seemed on the verge of the first team at City - did he ever actually play?- but presumably Tinman's entrenchment on the left at the time gave him very little opportunity.

Not saying we should be interested now by any means, but it's good to see an ex- City academy player making his mark at league level and looking a steady improver.

Hopefully he'll be at Exeter long enough to score another brace against the gas, either way his footballing renaissance should be of great encouragement to other Academy players who are deemed not quite good enough and released by City.

Tinnion was the one who gave him a chance at the club and he looked a bit too lightweight. Glad to see him scoring but haven't heard how else he is doing etc.

An Exeter fan was on here a couple of weeks ago and he spoke of Harley in glowing terms.

To add to my post above, Harley made 2 appearances for City, making his debut at Port Vale in August 2004.

Up until yesterday at least, Ryan states that his career highlight was being a member of the City team that beat Rovers 5-1 in the Glos. Cup Final.winner_third_h4h.gif

Believe his move to Exeter was lucky in some ways, at the time he was playing for Weston, in a pre-season fixture Weston played against Exeter and Ryan really impressed, a few trials later and off he went to Exeter. .

He was lucky alright, Weston could have been playing B. Rovers.speechless-smiley-040.gif

I've caught a few games in my time at Exeter Uni and he's been the stand-out performer every time. Looks assured on the ball and always seems to know where his next pass is coming from which is all the more impressive because the pitch is so small (or at least it seems so). Definitely looks like he could cut it in the Champ.

Didnt he play at RB for us or am i gettin mixed up with someone else :/

Mixed up with someone else by the sounds of it - Joe Burnell, possibly, who started at right-back before going going into midfield.

Ryan was always a fairly good attacking midfielder.

Archived