IGNORED

Great Scandinavian City Players

bristolcitysweden

Good article, Tommy but with one significant error, Bo Andersen was picked 11 times for City in the 98/99 season by Benny Lennartsson.

Do you count Icelanders as Scandinavian? If so you may be interested to know that the current Reading captain Ivar Ingimarsson had a trial match for the reserves under John Ward.......

Many of you have already read the article in the great "One Team In Bristol" Fanzine but here is the digital version

Cheers

Tommy

http://www.svenskafa...l.asp?id=334066

You know, I'm sure Bo Andersen started games for us. He was latterly one of those unfairly maligned players, who were blamed for relegation, although it was fair to say he was no Peter Schmeichel. I remember Vegard Hansen looking very good for us and I don't really understand what went wrong. I certainly remember him kicking Fjortoft's arse one saturday afternoon. Soren Andersen, yep he was good, scored a cracker agaisnt Sunderland, I recall.

You know, I'm sure Bo Andersen started games for us. He was latterly one of those unfairly maligned players, who were blamed for relegation, although it was fair to say he was no Peter Schmeichel. I remember Vegard Hansen looking very good for us and I don't really understand what went wrong. I certainly remember him kicking Fjortoft's arse one saturday afternoon. Soren Andersen, yep he was good, scored a cracker agaisnt Sunderland, I recall.

You have also left out Mark Shail.....whistle.gif

I remember bo andersen played for us at fratton park. He kept punching the ball every time it came near him

If i remember correctly when he did arrive the word in Denmark was that he was going to be the next Schmeical didn't quite turn out that way on Soren Anderson rated him played in that relegation season always gave 100% i remember that goal at Sunderland aswell they battered us for 90 mins and somehow we came away with a 1-1 draw.

Ben Wright played under Benny somewhere over there.

At least 4 ex City players then.

From Wikipedia: In April 2001, Ben linked up with his former manager Benny Lennartsson at Norwegian club Viking. he spent two seasons with Viking and attracted attention when he scored a 90th minute header against Chelsea in a UEFA Cup First Round, First Leg, match at Stamford Bridge in September 2002. Though Viking lost the game 2-1, it was a vital away goal and put pressure on Chelsea for the away leg which they subsequently lost 4-2.

For the 2003 Norwegian season, Ben linked up with I.K. Start and went on to spent five seasons with the club, finishing as the club's leading goalscorer when they won the First Division title and promotion to the Tippeligaen in 2004. In September 2005, he suffered a broken left leg in training, an injury that kept him out of much of the 2005 and 2006 seasons. Recovering fitness, he spent the remainder of the 2006 season on loan to the Norwegian championship side Moss FK.

In the summer of 2007, Ben elected to return to England and trialled with Barnet. He was spotted by the Lincoln City management and turned down a contract offer from Barnet to join Lincoln at the beginning of August 2007. Wright ended the season as top goal scorer for Lincoln, netting 15 league goals. He was released on 5 May 2009, and on 18 May it was announced that he had signed for Macclesfield Town on a one year deal.[2]

Archived