IGNORED

Possible Predicament For Gj

Barneyredballs

I was wondering about GJ's January transfer activity. If say he had the choice of getting someone in now (for a probable inflated price) or maybe signing Sno in the summer, which do you think he would do?

Hypothetical question of course.

Do you think that we will get someone in to ensure we maintain/improve our league position, or maybe just wait till summer for free transfers?

Sno would probably cost 7 figures I'd guess; although may not be in Ajax's plans....

I was wondering about GJ's January transfer activity. If say he had the choice of getting someone in now (for a probable inflated price) or maybe signing Sno in the summer, which do you think he would do?

Do you think that we will get someone in to ensure we maintain/improve our league position, or maybe just wait till summer for free transfers?

Sno would probably cost 7 figures I'd guess; although may not be in Ajax's plans....

Might be a wage issue? Also we should have a few off the books by then so we may be able to afford him IF he sees his future here.

Golly, if we signed Sno for 7 figures then I for one wouldnt be happy at all. We are 3 points off the play offs and its clear we need players. I'd be going all out to get a Premier League player on loan for the rest of the season if we dont have the money.

After reading all the rave reviews and hype about Evander Sno when he signed, I have to say how disappointed I am with him.

For me, he doesn't impose himself, or effect the game in any way.

When he doesn't play........I don't feel he is missed.

In my opinion, I think we have better players than Sno already filling centre midfield, and with the emergence of Cole Skuse, do we really need to spend a seven figure sum on a central midfielder when we are crying out for width?

After reading all the rave reviews and hype about Evander Sno when he signed, I have to say how disappointed I am with him.

In my opinion, I think we have better players than Sno already filling centre midfield, and with the emergence of Cole Skuse, do we really need to spend a seven figure sum on a central midfielder when we are crying out for width?

You sir, are absolutely spot on.

Rather use the money on getting some quality in on the left thanks

I am going to reserve judgement on Sno until Gary Johnson plays the boy in his best position of Central Midfield. I am sick to the back teeth with the square pegs in round holes policy that has left us unbalanced and disjointed for most of this season - which is why Saturday made such a refreshing change. Sno showed up well in his cameo on Saturday and found himself in a position that none of our midfield players gets themselves into in order to score the goal. If he can impose himself on a game in the middle of the pitch and pop up with the dozen goals per season which I reckon he would be capable of then we have a player on our hands. But the question marks against the player, for me, are whether he can hack it in the hustle and bustle of a Championship midfield "war" which is what you have to win in order to play your football. The point being, however, that when Sno had that great game for Ajax against us in pre-season I don't remember him being stuck out on the LEFT WING and so we have to give him a run in his more natural position to see whether he would be worth buying, even at a knockdown price, or not.

It will be difficult to drop Skuse but i would at some point like to see Hartley and Sno together in a 4-4-2. Sno showed on Saturday that he can get forward and be a threat whilst Hartley can sit in his deeper role. Skuse had a good game but he was bullied thoughout by their no.11. i can't see Sno being pushed around to much !

Well if we get ridd of some of the 'chaff' in this squad who are undoubtedly on high wages, there is no reason that we can't get Sno and a winger or 2. I doubt we'd have to pay 7 figures for him and its clear that he's exceptionally talented, even if he's been inconsistent. However, i think he's gonna have to sit on the bench until Skuse or Hartley are injured. Perhaps in away games he could play in behind Maynard in a Noble-esque role?

I am going to reserve judgement on Sno until Gary Johnson plays the boy in his best position of Central Midfield. I am sick to the back teeth with the square pegs in round holes policy that has left us unbalanced and disjointed for most of this season - which is why Saturday made such a refreshing change. Sno showed up well in his cameo on Saturday and found himself in a position that none of our midfield players gets themselves into in order to score the goal. If he can impose himself on a game in the middle of the pitch and pop up with the dozen goals per season which I reckon he would be capable of then we have a player on our hands. But the question marks against the player, for me, are whether he can hack it in the hustle and bustle of a Championship midfield "war" which is what you have to win in order to play your football. The point being, however, that when Sno had that great game for Ajax against us in pre-season I don't remember him being stuck out on the LEFT WING and so we have to give him a run in his more natural position to see whether he would be worth buying, even at a knockdown price, or not.

So if we are going for a 4-4-2 who would you play with Sno in the middle?

I think my judgement may be a little clouded because I seem to have managed to see only games in which he's played terribly and none of his good performances but I wouldn't pay money for him based on what I've seen.

Against Reading at Ashton Gate he couldn't even pass the ball 5 yards to a team mate. Being played out of position is no excuse for a complete lack of the basics and most of his passes that day went astray. I wouldn't expect that level of inaccuracy from a Conference player, let alone one with Sno's pedigree.

I'm sure that must have been a real off day for him or he wouldn't have got as far as he has in his career but I've seen nothing from him that would make me want to break up the partnership of Hartley and Skuse in the centre, or put him ahead of Elliot as first reserve (although Johnson did pick him ahead of Elliot to replace Hartley on Saturday). Therefore if City are to play a 4-4-2 he has to either play wide, deputise for Hartley/Skuse or play no part at all. If City are to spend money I think there are better wide players available and cheaper reserve players, so right now it'd be a no from me.

Well if we get ridd of some of the 'chaff' in this squad who are undoubtedly on high wages, there is no reason that we can't get Sno and a winger or 2. I doubt we'd have to pay 7 figures for him and its clear that he's exceptionally talented, even if he's been inconsistent. However, i think he's gonna have to sit on the bench until Skuse or Hartley are injured. Perhaps in away games he could play in behind Maynard in a Noble-esque role?

For me Sno's main strentgh is his hold up play - he never seems to get knocked off the ball or give it away too easily. This is a combination of excellent technique and physical strength. Some on here have commented that they think he takes too long on the ball, but I see a very technically gifted player that oppenents find very hard to tackle.

For these reasons I think he may well be better off in a more advanced role and could well be the man to hold the ball up and bring Maynard and our wide players (presuming we persist with some!) into the game in more dangerous areas.

For me Sno's main strentgh is his hold up play - he never seems to get knocked off the ball or give it away too easily. This is a combination of excellent technique and physical strength. Some on here have commented that they think he takes too long on the ball, but I see a very technically gifted player that oppenents find very hard to tackle.

For these reasons I think he may well be better off in a more advanced role and could well be the man to hold the ball up and bring Maynard and our wide players (presuming we persist with some!) into the game in more dangerous areas.

absolutely on the money... sno would be ideal just behind strikers and infront of midfield , but that depends on gary picking that, he is strong as an ox doesnt get knocked off ball and with width and the pace of maynard he can pick passes, he is great with quick give and goes around the box and if we can sort a system to fit him i think he is a big plus. obviously at this level you cant have luxury players so its hard for gary to get set up right on that. but for me thats the way to go

Archived