IGNORED

Loan Players

And Its Smith

It is clear we need players if we are going to get a play off place this season but we dont know what we have to spend. With the money spent over the last two years and no serious money made through selling players added to the expensive loan signings this season, I cant see there being a lot for a decent signing i.e. 750k plus.

Therefore perhaps it needs to be another loan but if it is someone needs to come in who can make a instant impact. Premier League reserve players is the way I think.

Who would people want? Here's a few that might be available:

Peter Halmosi

Caleb Folan

David Healy

Glen Little

Jason Scotland

Michael Ball

Danny Rose

Please keep suggestions realistic! For me it would be Peter Halmosi and Danny Rose. Two wingers, which we desperately need. A striker would be nice but we already have loads. If any striker then I would like Caleb Folan as I see Jason Scotland as a little unrealistic. Martinez is going to want him to come good more than usual as it was his signing.

It is clear we need players if we are going to get a play off place this season but we dont know what we have to spend. With the money spent over the last two years and no serious money made through selling players added to the expensive loan signings this season, I cant see there being a lot for a decent signing i.e. 750k plus.

Therefore perhaps it needs to be another loan but if it is someone needs to come in who can make a instant impact. Premier League reserve players is the way I think.

Who would people want? Here's a few that might be available:

Peter Halmosi

Caleb Folan

David Healy

Glen Little

Jason Scotland

Michael Ball

Danny Rose

Please keep suggestions realistic! For me it would be Peter Halmosi and Danny Rose. Two wingers, which we desperately need. A striker would be nice but we already have loads. If any striker then I would like Caleb Folan as I see Jason Scotland as a little unrealistic. Martinez is going to want him to come good more than usual as it was his signing.

I dont think we would need any more strikers.

If your on about the Danny Rose from spurs hes a CM/AM isnt he? then we certainly wont need him.

I think we only need a Left sided player, so Halmosi sounds good..

Not sure how many of those are genuinely realistic with our current financial state. We are presumably still paying something towards Trundle, Velicka, Stuyvar & Basso. I suspect that Sno and Saborio are on pretty good wages, and so far, we have not really got value for money from either of them. From a business perspective we desperately need to cut our outgoings, and unless we can get a real bargain, I think it will be a case of waiting until the summer, and hoping that GJ can do some deals that will give us a balanced squad. The other option is to cash in on Maynard or Skuse, which would at least generate money to cover our weaknesses, like 2 wingers, a forward who can hold the ball, and a commanding centre-back (Or a keeper who comes off his line). That might seem harsh on Gerken, but for all of his brilliant shot-stopping, he does not command his area at all.

Not sure how many of those are genuinely realistic with our current financial state. We are presumably still paying something towards Trundle, Velicka, Stuyvar & Basso. I suspect that Sno and Saborio are on pretty good wages, and so far, we have not really got value for money from either of them. From a business perspective we desperately need to cut our outgoings, and unless we can get a real bargain, I think it will be a case of waiting until the summer, and hoping that GJ can do some deals that will give us a balanced squad. The other option is to cash in on Maynard or Skuse, which would at least generate money to cover our weaknesses, like 2 wingers, a forward who can hold the ball, and a commanding centre-back (Or a keeper who comes off his line). That might seem harsh on Gerken, but for all of his brilliant shot-stopping, he does not command his area at all.

When Basso, Trundle, Styvar and Velicka go then a fair amount of the wage bill will be reduced. Personally I would try and sign up Sno and potentially let the likes of L.Johnson, Saborio and Mccombe move on. I think the last thing we want to do is cash in on Maynard or Skuse as they are going to be pivotal players for the next 5+ years.

Personally, I would like to see a commanding centre back too, a left winger (Halmosi) and perhaps a striker (presuming GJ doesn't sign Saborio permenantly). While Sproule is inconsistent, he does a job and we really don't have the money to splash out on unecessary signings.

I think the last thing we want to do is cash in on Maynard or Skuse as they are going to be pivotal players for the next 5+ years.

Maynard at AG for the next 5 years plus? That's never going to happen.

When's the last time a reasonably successful striker spent 7 years at City - or any striker for that matter?

Whether be it now, the end of the season, at the end of his contract, or a bit later, Maynard will almost certainly move on.

Very doubtful he'd stay for another 5 years even if we get promotion.

What City must look to do is sell Maynard when it suits us and at a time we can get the best possible price - we really shouldn't delude ourselves that his career ambitions start and finish at Bristol City F.C.

Archived