IGNORED

Bad Day At The Gate-8/5/04

Will Rollason

Got in fairly late with mates and son(who uses a wheelchair)who needed the loo.reminded a lad who was using the disabled loo that it was not for able bodies to use.

One of his older friends started shouting at me to "shut up as my boy had only been waiting a minute" He would'nt come and talk to me so i did the grown up thing and went to talk to him and the lad.

The lad said that a steward had told him it was ok,fine and i apologised to him

and his munter friend saying that abuses of disabled facilities really bugs me because of my sons condition.

They took it with very bad grace and my friends congratulated me on the way i diffused the situation.....but......after the event I felt like the man had diss'd me and i'd taken it even if it was the right thing to do,maybe i should have lamped him and caused a huge ruck getting us all banned?

Anyway,get in ground and have row with steward about taking boy into stand rather than disabled places.We've helped him into the stands for ten years without any probs but this bloke was'nt having it..so..have to get his boss to ok it(which he did)

Now i've LOVED being in the east end and so have my mates/son but because we cant take him up the back we end up near the front...and guess who else gets down the front...

The wanna be hard men,the fake burbury blue and grey,the csf chants the hate and threat of violence,the posing drunken posturing.

And then that lamentable no brain rubbish after the game(not the lads on the pitch they aint too bright and you cant expect much from em) no,all the older "men" lookin for something to happen including munter bloke from earlier.

Now I'm sure most of you had a top time down there and maybe the price of the east end is having all the ####S in one place but thats not what watchin football's about for me.I dont want to have to sit next to these jerks and listen to they're crap(at Luton as well) and worry instead of watch.So i reckon i'll go back to the Library

They're all ######s, simple as that! Unfortunately you get people like this in every walk of life, let alone football clubs.
very true.In any group(taxi drivers,policemen,pilots,club mascots,guitarists :rolleyes: ) you will get a cross section of our society.......

but they're usually a bit more ...spread out :wacko:

These type of people are catorgrised into 2 groups.

You have the older guys first.

These guys still think they are young, and will usually have tatoos showing, and a gold chain hanging out around there neck. Either smoking or chewing gum. Other people their age thinks their sad, so these guys reply on the friendship of the children. Naturally this makes them feel they have god like status.

Then you have the children

Latest fashion, smoking and spitting. They all think that the are related to Eminem and victims of society. They still get a buzz from swearing because their parents arent around at football. Usually found in groups trying to impress each other, but if they were singled out, they are quiet and scared. They look up to the older guys , trying to do things to get attention from them.

Unfortunately, this is like a food chain, the older ones go, and the younger ones replace.

Solution.

Invite the Royal Marine Commandos to sit amongst this group for a match, and see how hard they would be then. :rolleyes:

Guest LeicesterRed

These guys still think they are young, and will usually have tatoos showing, and a gold chain hanging out around there neck. Either smoking or chewing gum. Other people their age thinks their sad, so these guys reply on the friendship of the children. Naturally this makes them feel they have god like status.

Latest fashion, smoking and spitting. They all think that the are related to Eminem and victims of society. They still get a buzz from swearing because their parents arent around at football. Usually found in groups trying to impress each other, but if they were singled out, they are quiet and scared. They look up to the older guys , trying to do things to get attention from them.

Unfortunately, this is like a food chain, the older ones go, and the younger ones replace.

Solution.

Invite the Royal Marine Commandos to sit amongst this group for a match, and see how hard they would be then.  :rolleyes:

Couldn`t agree with you more!!!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Solution.

Invite the Royal Marine Commandos to sit amongst this group for a match, and see how hard they would be then. :rolleyes:

Brilliant post - Top man

Solution.

Invite the Royal Marine Commandos to sit amongst this group for a match, and see how hard they would be then.  :rolleyes:

This could be arranged quite easily.

...however you probably wouldn't thank me, as you might find yourself in the middle of a whole world of trouble if you let the booties loose inside the Gate with a belly full of cider and near to people out to cause touble.....I've seen many places around the world absolutley trashed by these guys 'letting off steam' and it's not a pretty site....

pardon me for being a alledged gold chain wearing, smoking oldie( of which i am neither) god like and what ever. but what has the royal marines ( which i was) got to do with the east end situation? :rolleyes:

pardon me for being a alledged gold chain wearing, smoking oldie( of which i am neither) god like and what ever. but what has the royal marines ( which i was) got to do with the east end situation? :rolleyes:
no ideal Bud :P

Probably make it worse!

No answer to Problem,as the people involved dont see a problem,and its only people like me who worry about it....... :wacko:

Can you picture it???

"'scuse me boys,the way you're behaving is really out of line,could you tone it down a bit?"

"Why of course Mr Saab,we had no idea our behaviour was lessening you're appreciation of the game and we will stop it immediately." :dunno:

Archived