IGNORED

Aaron Davies Released By Forest

wilksy

Looks like Arron Davies has been released by Forest.

Free left winger thats played under GJ at Yeovil.

Don't think he's done alot lately, but i guess its a possibility.

I would like to think we could do a bit better then signing Forest's cast off's tbh..

I would like to think we could do a bit better then signing Forest's cast off's tbh..

Essentially Hartley, Haynes and Nyatanga were Celtic, Ipswich and Derby's cast offs and they haven't done too badly. Sometimes a player needs new stimulus and maybe Davies under GJ again could find the form that made him so highly rated a couple of seasons ago? Plus he wouldn't cost a bean so it's not a huge gamble.

Essentially Hartley, Haynes and Nyatanga were Celtic, Ipswich and Derby's cast offs and they haven't done too badly. Sometimes a player needs new stimulus and maybe Davies under GJ again could find the form that made him so highly rated a couple of seasons ago? Plus he wouldn't cost a bean so it's not a huge gamble.

I thought Davies was more of a right sided winger?

If he can play on the left and he is on a free then hes def worth a look, especially if he has reasonable wage demands.

He was pretty hot sh*t around the time he went to forest so if he could get even half that form back he would be able to at least provide competition for a left wing position that we still have no natural player in.

If he can play on the left and he is on a free then hes def worth a look, especially if he has reasonable wage demands.

He was pretty hot sh*t around the time he went to forest so if he could get even half that form back he would be able to at least provide competition for a left wing position that we still have no natural player in.

Surely we should be signing a natural left winger because he's good and will fit into the team... not just to create competition for places or in the vain hope he may recover some long-lost form.

The Forest website says he can play on both wings but doesn't say which is his preference, but having looked at pictures of him on Wiki and the like every one shows him kicking with his right! Even so if he can play on both wings then he's worth a punt, but based on the above an out and out left winger would be preferable over him.

had the potential to be a very good player but seems to have drifted since joining forest.

suppose if it depends on whether GJ thinks he could get the best out of him

We were told GJ would get the best out of an underperforming Gavin Williams when he came here from Ipswich, but....

Archived