IGNORED

Akinde Must Start!

WellRedPhil

If Haynes is still unfit come next Tuesday then Akinde must start IMO, the only player that looked genuinely threatening in what was a very lacklustre performance. Has to be the first sub that is brought on if searching for a goal as well. He's been pushing, and he has earned his chance!

Totally agree and I have been calling for him to be involved for a few weeks now. If nothing else the boy has the enthusiasm for the game lacking in a few of our lads at present and the stomach for a fight with his marker. That is the sort of physical presence we need up the top and the lad can play a little bit too.

I honestly think him and young Maynard would be a good pairing. Akinde looked excellent at Wycombe last season and although he didnt score as many goals this time he still looked the best player on the pitch when he was fit. Always dangerous, lively and threatning. Somthing no forward at city this season with the exception of Maynard has.

I was saying last night, that if someone like Holloway or Warnock had Akinde, they'd be playing him every game, and talking him up as the next multi-million pound player!

He's got all the attributes, pace, power, height, strength, he just needs a run of games and to start up an understanding with another striker ie. Maynard.

I hope it gets a couple of starts alongside Maynard.

Hopefully if he does start we won't feel the need to pump long ball after long ball into him, looked far more dangerous last night when he was running shoulder to shoulder with his marker and he can use his strength and pace to muscle past people.

Unfortunately we seem unable to resist the temptation of hitting the long ball, at which point we look totally ineffective sad.gif

Whenever I have seen him play he has looked good for a 20 min burst but started to tire quickly, therefore I thought he might be better kept as a bench option.

However he played more than that last night and dint look to bad at the end so if that is the case and fitness is impoving then by all means give him a go.

Saborio has had enough chances now really, i doubt v much we will look to sign him so we might as well try and get either Clarkson or Akinde involved as we have them permanently.

Clarkson still looks a yard off the pace and seems to want too much time on the ball, perhaps a few moe games in the ressies are what he needs to sharpen up

Throwing him in at the deep end is just as silly as not giving him a chance.

Play Saborio if Haynes isn't fit, give him an hour and then bring Akinde off the bench for half an hour.

Do that for half a dozen games and see how he does before throwing him in the XI.

It keeps him hungry, keeps the pressure off as he grows accustomed to the pace, and sets him up for a chance at being a game changing hero - it's pretty much a no lose scenario for him.

Throwing him in at the deep end is just as silly as not giving him a chance.

Play Saborio if Haynes isn't fit, give him an hour and then bring Akinde off the bench for half an hour.

Do that for half a dozen games and see how he does before throwing him in the XI.

It keeps him hungry, keeps the pressure off as he grows accustomed to the pace, and sets him up for a chance at being a game changing hero - it's pretty much a no lose scenario for him.

Some youngsters can be thrown in at the deep end and some can't. Dave Jones didn't p1$$ around giving Adam Matthews or the lad Wildig twenty minutes here or there. He just told them to get out there and show what they can do - and they have both responded. The way Akinde was knocking over big and experienced professionals last night shows me he ain't no shrinking violet and therefore could easily handle being given a few starts - but I do appreciate it might be a bit much for some lads. Get him in.

Some youngsters can be thrown in at the deep end and some can't. Dave Jones didn't p1$ around giving Adam Matthews or the lad Wildig twenty minutes here or there. He just told them to get out there and show what they can do - and they have both responded. The way Akinde was knocking over big and experienced professionals last night shows me he ain't no shrinking violet and therefore could easily handle being given a few starts - but I do appreciate it might be a bit much for some lads. Get him in.

Totally agree - also the fact he's shown alot more in a couple of sub appearances than Saborio has this.... and saborio is supposed to be a experienced forward.

Some youngsters can be thrown in at the deep end and some can't. Dave Jones didn't p1$ around giving Adam Matthews or the lad Wildig twenty minutes here or there. He just told them to get out there and show what they can do - and they have both responded. The way Akinde was knocking over big and experienced professionals last night shows me he ain't no shrinking violet and therefore could easily handle being given a few starts - but I do appreciate it might be a bit much for some lads. Get him in.

I'm not talking about pissing about for 20 minutes here and there, I'm talking about half an hour every game for a handful of games to see if the hustle and bustle he showed last night ever turns into something productive.

For all his energy he's only scored once for us and that was a tap in against Plymouth over a year ago. He also hasn't linked up with Maynard at all well so far.

All players rely on confidence, young strikers especially, and if he starts a few games without scoring he will lose it fast. We've got no need to take that risk as we are going nowhere this season, so bring him on at a reasonable rate not hell for leather.

The danger is turning him into the next Spencer/Odejayi/Marvin Brown.

I'm not talking about pissing about for 20 minutes here and there, I'm talking about half an hour every game for a handful of games to see if the hustle and bustle he showed last night ever turns into something productive.

For all his energy he's only scored once for us and that was a tap in against Plymouth over a year ago. He also hasn't linked up with Maynard at all well so far.

All players rely on confidence, young strikers especially, and if he starts a few games without scoring he will lose it fast. We've got no need to take that risk as we are going nowhere this season, so bring him on at a reasonable rate not hell for leather.

The danger is turning him into the next Spencer/Odejayi/Marvin Brown.

Whilst we may disagree on this I'm not entirely convinced that even you will get your wish!! It wouldn't even surprise me, assuming Haynes is fit, if Akinde is left out of the 16 altogether on Tuesday.

Archived