IGNORED

The Bubble Will Return

BS3_RED

right im gonna put an end to this forum non-sense as i've just been on the blower with the lad in question who got nicked. i know both chaps involved but wont be mentioning names.

first of all, a lad got ejected after about 20mins for lobbing his shoe at cardiff fans. this lad is an utter prat and not a full deck upstairs. he was ejected, but not arrested or charged, and yes, HE DID GET THE SHOE BACK! Well thats one chuckle.

the second lad who got nicked is a good friend of mine. just spoke to him. unfortunately involved with an incident with several heavy handed stewards.

thats it. end of the rumours, thats come from the horses mouth.

just for info, the lad in question isnt a troublemaker and is a good chap nominated for supporter of year in 2008/9. He follows city home and away every game.

Right, the person who threw the shoe is a good mate of mine, he did NOT chuck it at the fans just towards the stairway because he thought people would find it funny, and the second one is also a mate of mine got taken down by the stewards and repeatedly punched by one of them because after they scored he gave their fans some abuse and had about 20 other lads behind him pushing him into the stewards who blamed it all on him, i could not believe the way they took him down !

We need to remember these stewards are Cardiff fans'.

and all know what wa**ers their stewards are! Just look at that undercover documentry a few years back, when the steward was quote as saying to a Cardiff muppet "you should have threw the chair..."

I believe it was the game when we beat them 3-1

Yeah its not the same if the player mistimed his tackle., but I see a lot of players go in not for the ball, but to deliberately cause harm to their opponent, there are many instances of this, yet the player will never be prosecuted, not even by their own clubs.

Not all of them, but too many Stewards and Police over-react with footy fans these days, we are treated no better than terrorists in Gitmo if we show a little flair or passion.

If there is one place you can let yourself go and lose it a little it should be a football ground, sure don't break the law, but ffs you should be able to enjoy yourself by swearing, shouting abuse and jumping up and down like a crazy fool. Its what creates the atmosphere, the players appreciate it for sure. I cant believe a chap got laid into by them for no reason, surely assault, you can be your arse it'll be on CCTV.

trust me it happens, you just dont hear a great deal about it. A friend of mine was arrested for breaking someones leg just before Christmas. It was a mis-timed tackle, but just because it was a fiesty game, the lad in question pressed charges, and he got nicked

Right, the person who threw the shoe is a good mate of mine, he did NOT chuck it at the fans just towards the stairway because he thought people would find it funny, and the second one is also a mate of mine got taken down by the stewards and repeatedly punched by one of them because after they scored he gave their fans some abuse and had about 20 other lads behind him pushing him into the stewards who blamed it all on him, i could not believe the way they took him down !

Did he learn a valuable lesson last night?

So ive just read through 2 pages of hype because someone threw a shoe.

Cotswold red, i bet the teachers loved you when you were at school.Your ready and willing to grass in an instant.

What a load of cr*p. I'm merely suggesting that there are clearly people who last night let the club down.

If the police and/or club ultimately want help in identifying those responsible then we should help out.

I'd sure as hell appreciate it if it was my car that had been vandalised in the name of Bristol City FC (or any other club for that matter).

Where's the problem with that?

The Taylor Report was visionary? Certainly not for my enjoyment of football it wasnt.

I assume you are referring to the sitting down versus standing up issue?... While i enjoyed standing up, on occasion, there were many times when it was very intimidating especially on away day nights back in the 80's. Certainly not the sort of place you would want to take your girlfriend, wife, mum or children. And you cannot exclude a huge market for football these days when the cost of running a club has sky rocketed out of all recognition to 30 years ago.

While you personally may not enjoy it so much the game is far healthier today because of the Taylor report and you will never see the return of terracing.

if you are referring to being caged in like an animal perhaps you can explain what was so enjoyable about that?!!

I assume you are referring to the sitting down versus standing up issue?... While i enjoyed standing up, on occasion, there were many times when it was very intimidating especially on away day nights back in the 80's. Certainly not the sort of place you would want to take your girlfriend, wife, mum or children. And you cannot exclude a huge market for football these days when the cost of running a club has sky rocketed out of all recognition to 30 years ago.

While you personally may not enjoy it so much the game is far healthier today because of the Taylor report and you will never see the return of terracing.

if you are referring to being caged in like an animal perhaps you can explain what was so enjoyable about that?!!

I always fond this debate intersting.

Everything you describe i detaste and do not associate with my view of football in any way what so ever. If attending football was like this i wouldn't really bother. I completely respect your view and the benign, dull, might as well attend the cinema and fall aslep vision of football that you wish to watch, it's why we built the Williams. But i love taunting opposing fans when we score, i dont mind away fans goading us and declaring that Peterbrough really are, by far the greatest team the world has ever. It's this sense of rivalry, this belonging that i love so much and no i would not have got it by simply sitting in the Williams for 20 years.

I recently had to complete a questionairre about fear and some of the answers made me realise that attending football, especialy away, evoked this in me, yet i wouldn't change that for the world. Being 16 and walking from Watford gap to Vicarage road with 200 other city fans, is one of the defining moments of my life in so many ways, not least heigtening my support for city and giving me a greater sense of belonging. It's difficult to explain to those who don't follow football and difficult to even explain to other city fans sometimes, but that' just football to me.

I sometimes wonder why that when i and others of my generation, declare Cardiff away in 2001 as being one of our top 5 ever away days, is it because Scott Murray put in a sintilating performance, or we showed great resolve in coming back from behind to win? Certainly part of it is this. But so is walking from the Old Monk to Ninian Park, meeting up there in the morning and then recognising old friends as they slowly arrive, then when it's time, you leave en masse. Cardiff singing at you (at best) en route then getting penned in as they just give you loads for 90 minutes (also going to loo to find that someone has had the porcelain bowl away and watching some kid fight sickness through the first half, before giving in midway through the second half!). Getting out was another story.

I do mean this with upmost respect, but, for me, god my life would have been boring if i would have had to follow City on cats over the last 20 years.

Away days were (and still are on the odd occasion work, wife and family allow) some of the best days of my life.

p.s Anyone on her go to the Chesterfield game that was abandoned, and on the train at Derby at the time? The events after that were one of the best days ever.

p.p.s Come on throwing a shoe is funny. No not the height of comedy granted, but surely everyone smiled when they read that?

right im gonna put an end to this forum non-sense as i've just been on the blower with the lad in question who got nicked. i know both chaps involved but wont be mentioning names.

first of all, a lad got ejected after about 20mins for lobbing his shoe at cardiff fans. this lad is an utter prat and not a full deck upstairs. he was ejected, but not arrested or charged, and yes, HE DID GET THE SHOE BACK! Well thats one chuckle.

the second lad who got nicked is a good friend of mine. just spoke to him. unfortunately involved with an incident with several heavy handed stewards.

thats it. end of the rumours, thats come from the horses mouth.

just for info, the lad in question isnt a troublemaker and is a good chap nominated for supporter of year in 2008/9. He follows city home and away every game.

I hope he fights the case presuming there taking him to court over it. If they do make sure he gets in touch with the FSF, they are brilliant in situations like this and can offer help.

Archived